DS Forums

Bruce Battersby drinking again

Old 06-09-2013, 00:43
Quantum Cat
Inactive Member

that's every single night then.

I think it's safe to say he's no longer a 'recovering' alcoholic
Quantum Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 06-09-2013, 00:46
ForGodsSake
Forum Member

Bruce Battersby ?

Les Battersby or Bruce Jones ?
ForGodsSake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 00:47
Quantum Cat
Inactive Member

he hasn't so much fallen off the wagon as driven the wagon off a cliff top...
Old 06-09-2013, 00:53
Rogana Josh
Forum Member

What's Mc Giffin's excuse?
Rogana Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 00:54
Quantum Cat
Inactive Member

What's Mc Giffin's excuse?
she doesn't believe she's an alcoholic
Mcjjjunior
Forum Member

How do you know that it isn't the alcohol free type of lager? Even if it isn't, I've not seen him drunk once so why can't he have a couple of beers when it's obvious that he can handle it now.
Mcjjjunior is offline   Reply With Quote
tom_ogrady
Forum Member

Same with Sophie - didn't she do rehab - she got hammered a few times.

Charlotte wet the bed and gets v messy when she drinks but......

Bruce has to be forgiven after watching Leather Chops getting so wiped out she had to be carried to bed.

Only Abz seems to lay off the booze. Good man Abz. He must hate it in that house when they start drinking
tom_ogrady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 00:56
ChoccyPeanuts
Forum Member

Bruce Battersby ?

Yeah, but where does one end and another begin?

Bruce Battersby seems apt.
ChoccyPeanuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 00:57
Quantum Cat
Inactive Member

How do you know that it isn't the alcohol free type of lager? Even if it isn't, I've not seen him drunk once so why can't he have a couple of beers when it's obvious that he can handle it now.
BB doesn't supply them with alcohol-free beers - no drama in that
Old 06-09-2013, 00:58
Quantum Cat
Inactive Member

Yeah, but where does one end and another begin?

Bruce Battersby seems apt.
Wife Battersby
Old 06-09-2013, 01:03
angie_robinson
Forum Member

I kinda feel bad for Bruce.. I dunno why I just do, hope he gets a break when he gets out.
angie_robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 01:05
Quantum Cat
Inactive Member

I kinda feel bad for Bruce.. I dunno why I just do, hope he gets a break when he gets out.
he just mentioned he plays the lottery each week

he must be desperate. Does he still live in a caravan?
Old 06-09-2013, 01:07
snickypoo
Forum Member

Bruce Battersby ?

I was confused then I knew I recognised the name but couldn't figure out who it meant for a second!
snickypoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 01:15
Grandmother
Inactive Member

Same with Sophie - didn't she do rehab - she got hammered a few times.
I wouldn't say hammered. She had a few beers in there, but she never got sloppy drunk, that I saw.

It's an odd one, isn't it? I'm in no sense an expert on rehab but there do appear to be various models. Some demand total abstinence, whereas in others, it seems to be okay if you lay off the particular substance you had a problem with, in Sophie's case, cocaine.

There was something a bit bizarre, or quite funny about her lecturing the other housemates about the dangers of drugs while chugging on a cold one, admittedly, but hopefully, it won't do her any harm.
Grandmother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 01:51
Ella71110
Forum Member

Because he's an alcoholic and alcoholics aren't suddenly able to handle their drink in the long run, I'm surprised he's drinking even though its just a couple as he's been on numerous shows saying he's a recovering alcoholic
Ella71110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 02:37
rhizo_mania
Forum Member

Because he's an alcoholic and alcoholics aren't suddenly able to handle their drink in the long run, I'm surprised he's drinking even though its just a couple as he's been on numerous shows saying he's a recovering alcoholic
There is no such thing as a recovering alcoholic, he will always be an alcoholic he is only one drink away, ether you drink or you don't. If you have a problem with drink you cannot just choose to have a few beers in the evening, trust me it does not work like that.....
rhizo_mania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 02:42
Sasparella
Forum Member

that's every single night then.

I think it's safe to say he's no longer a 'recovering' alcoholic
I did hear him say that he can't drink spirits, maybe he can cope with a couple of beers ?
Sasparella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 03:59
SULLA
Forum Member

Fair enough but no reason why he should walk back into a very well paid job on the tele.
SULLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 03:59
Ella71110
Forum Member

There is no such thing as a recovering alcoholic, he will always be an alcoholic he is only one drink away, ether you drink or you don't. If you have a problem with drink you cannot just choose to have a few beers in the evening, trust me it does not work like that.....
I know! I'm a recovering alcoholic myself one day at a time for 14years I'm sorry I've just read back at my post and my words were all wrong! Sorry if I confused you
Ella71110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 04:42
Grandmother
Inactive Member

Okay, but then Bruce obviously isn't an alcoholic, as he seems to be just about coping, in a stressful situation, with a few beers a night.

Obviously, if he goes on an Incredible Hulk type bender once he gets out, I'll eat, or possibly even drink my words.
Old 06-09-2013, 04:56
Janet_Hadfield
Forum Member

Bruce isn't an alcoholic, he suffers from bouts of depression, when he has these bouts he drinks too much. A recovering alcoholic would not be able to cope with just one or two drinks.
Janet_Hadfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 04:59
whatever54
Forum Member

I wonder if some of them go in there as an economy form of rehab sometimes.
I wish we knew how much alcohol the house were given, I don't think it's as much as some people on here imagine.
whatever54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 05:04
MiniMeToo
Forum Member

BB doesn't supply them with alcohol-free beers - no drama in that
oh yes they do, I can't remember which series it was but one of the housemates always was given alcohol free drink.
MiniMeToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 05:22
Grandmother
Inactive Member

Bruce isn't an alcoholic, he suffers from bouts of depression, when he has these bouts he drinks too much. A recovering alcoholic would not be able to cope with just one or two drinks.
Yeah. Also, however good the money was, would anyone who had a serious alcohol problem, to the point they had to go into rehab, no fooling about, be allowed, either by their physician or the producers (though more the former than the latter, to be fair) to go on the show in the first place? Some, it seems, are far too quick to judge based on what they might have read, second hand, of course, in the UK redtops.
Old 06-09-2013, 05:46
whatever54
Forum Member

Yeah. Also, however good the money was, would anyone who had a serious alcohol problem, to the point they had to go into rehab, no fooling about, be allowed, either by their physician or the producers (though more the former than the latter, to be fair) to go on the show in the first place? Some, it seems, are far too quick to judge based on what they might have read, second hand, of course, in the UK redtops.
Bruce Jones is on record several times, to anybody that would listen (pay), and admits he's an alcoholic (maybe not now but he certainly used to). Red tops or not he said it.
whatever54 is offline   Reply With Quote