Options

DSFE 44 - Mystery & Music: This is Pyramiden

MiesBouwmanMiesBouwman Posts: 1,099
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Welcome to DSFE 44 in the mysterious ghost town of Pyramiden in Svalbard. Susanne Sundfør's 'White Foxes' has taken us here. Enter with caution: after this contest the Bermuda triangle will seem like Disneyworld

OFFICIAL LOGO

Everyone who signs up will be handed two countries. The player will then select an entry from that country within these rules:
  • An entry cannot be recorded before the year 2000.
  • The song must not exceed five minutes in length,
  • Former Eurovision are allowed (though I don't think highly of them) but it cannot be the same song that they performed in the actual contest or at a national pre-selection.
  • The song cannot have appeared in the UK Top 40.
  • The act must be from the country that they are representing. When there is question about ancestry I will decide whether the act is eligible (within good reason).
  • The song cannot be a cover of a international hit or otherwise (older) well known song. Sampling to a certain extend however, is allowed. I will decide whether the act is eligible (within good reason)
There will be a major Quarter Final twist this season.

But where would a contest be held like this in a ghost town you ask? Well that is a mystery even to me. (But hey, at least it's not a prison (....right?))

Just send me a PM to sign up.

I'll give you one word of advice: Pick the right song, because nothing is what it seems.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "There will be a major Quarter Final twist this season. "

"Ooooooooooo" [/studio audience]
  • Options
    March MorningsMarch Mornings Posts: 643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That sounds ominous... :p
  • Options
    21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    I won't be taking part this time but I'll be watching to see what the SHOCKING TWIST!!!1 (said in narrator of Big Brother) voice is.
  • Options
    MiesBouwmanMiesBouwman Posts: 1,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For all those who missed it. This is an impression of Pyramiden
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mies, I think I want you to host every contest for logos alone. :D
  • Options
    TerryPTerryP Posts: 11,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have just signed up, I was actually planning a QF twist in my contest a few months back, but decided to hold off for later. I wonder if Mies has entered my brain and taken my idea. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've signed up. After my first attempt with Lovely Lesbians and the second with Gravel Voiced Islanders, what/where else could I be taken this time?!
  • Options
    Gwen 404Gwen 404 Posts: 3,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For all those who missed it. This is an impression of Pyramiden

guess i wont be sleeping tonight then :p
  • Options
    FanFromHollandFanFromHolland Posts: 5,987
    Forum Member
    I'm going to try (and fail) to reach the final again
  • Options
    mikabvmikabv Posts: 4,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Signed Up! Looking forward to the 'twist'!
  • Options
    mikabvmikabv Posts: 4,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just heard Margaret - Thank you very much on the Luxembourgish radio. I was so happy and so surprised all at once. My reaction must have been really strange.

Anyway, I'm also reloaded with Italian, Spanish and German songs!
  • Options
    basdfgbasdfg Posts: 6,764
    Forum Member
    I'm a bity busy at the moment running the other competition and settling in to collage so I will sit this one out.
  • Options
    SaturnSaturn Posts: 18,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not going to be entering this one. I may return for the 50th depending where it is.
  • Options
    Yugimuto1Yugimuto1 Posts: 5,047
    Forum Member
    Manyof the experiences users sitting the contests out :eek:
  • Options
    phill363phill363 Posts: 24,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    More chance of winning :p
  • Options
    avbavb Posts: 9,612
    Forum Member
    Saturn wrote: »
    I'm not going to be entering this one. I may return for the 50th depending where it is.

Depending where it is?! :D Are you hoping for somewhere sunny? :p
  • Options
    DamienSDamienS Posts: 12,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hope I do better than getting Malta and Iceland!
  • Options
    Carlisle156Carlisle156 Posts: 23,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never had Iceland but i've had a song for them for over a year now :eek:
  • Options
    SaturnSaturn Posts: 18,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    avb wrote: »
    Depending where it is?! :D Are you hoping for somewhere sunny? :p

LOL. Well some contests just sound like they're going to be better just because of the city they're in :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've never had Iceland but i've had a song for them for over a year now :eek:

Same! There's quite a few 'bad' countries I'd like actually...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Same! There's quite a few 'bad' countries I'd like actually...

Just hoping for something interesting to search for, any guesses on what this twist might be?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    avb wrote: »
    Just hoping for something interesting to search for, any guesses on what this twist might be?

The only thing I can think of is some sort of sudden death: two songs pitched against each other and whichever one is saved by most people goes through to the semis. I see many problems with that though; if two bad songs are drawn together, you have one song in the semi that doesn't deserve to be there, and you'd probably have quite a few solid entries being knocked out early, so I hope it's not that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The only thing I can think of is some sort of sudden death: two songs pitched against each other and whichever one is saved by most people goes through to the semis. I see many problems with that though; if two bad songs are drawn together, you have one song in the semi that doesn't deserve to be there, and you'd probably have quite a few solid entries being knocked out early, so I hope it's not that.

I don't dislike it as an idea, I adapted it a bit for Jurmala. Some sort of duel between FMs I think could be interesting, it's just getting it to work.
  • Options
    phill363phill363 Posts: 24,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe the twist is there is no Quarter Finals
  • Options
    yoshi94yoshi94 Posts: 6,200
    Forum Member
    The oldies are leaving :( But they all seem to say they'll return for the 50th, that will be HUGE, can't wait. :D
    Oh, by the way, I've got loads of ideas for hosting, if anyone wants to hear some. A Yoshi contest would be different, that's for sure :D