Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Stopping my Apple TV remote controlling my Apple dock

Old 07-09-2013, 11:28
rewind
Forum Member

I have an old iPod Classic connected to an Apple dock which is connected to my A/V receiver. Every time I use my Apple remote to control my Apple TV, it controls the iPod Classic too. It's not a major problem as I can't hear it but I can obviously see the screen turn on and change tracks.

Is there a way of making my remote control only control the Apple TV? I also have a MacBook Pro and managed to turn the IR receiver off on that. I don't want to turn off the IR receiver on the dock as I have a Harmony remote which I use to control it. I just don't want the Apple remote doing it!

Thanks.
rewind is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 11-09-2013, 19:36
moongravy
Forum Member

I think holding down menu and next/FF together for 5-10 seconds with the remote pointed at the Apple TV (and not the iPod) will sort it.
moongravy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2013, 17:52
chenks
Forum Member

I think holding down menu and next/FF together for 5-10 seconds with the remote pointed at the Apple TV (and not the iPod) will sort it.
all that will result in is the appletv only responding to that one remote control - it will have no affect on the ipod dock.

the only only to stop that will be to put a piece of tape over the IR receiver on the dock or point the dock in a direction so that the remote doesn't hit it.
chenks is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2013, 21:38
stephen122333
Forum Member

Have a look here
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1555
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4154
Hope that helps.

(I swear I replied to this thread weeks ago, and I just searched and can't find it?)
stephen122333 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote