Options

The Natalie Gumede and Artem Chigvintsev Appreciation Thread

Comments

• Options
    Wrenny-24Wrenny-24 Posts: 9,373
    Forum Member
    NatalieGumede: A rollercoaster day with tears of both frustration, laughter and an amazing end of day rehearsal with @artemchigvintse. I love this show!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    lateone wrote: »
    So Mark and Dave and Deborah(sorry, Wrenny!:o) and Lisa hosting......

Why did I buy tickets ages ago? Ah yes, Artem. Thank goodness!:)

Que??? :)
  • Options
    lateonelateone Posts: 1,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wrenny-24 wrote: »
    Que??? :)

If I remember rightly, you are a Deborah fan. I'd have prefered someone else. It'll be strange if all the celebs are from this year's show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    If I remember rightly, you are a Deborah fan. I'd have prefered someone else. It'll be strange if all the celebs are from this year's show.

Ah, I get you now! :cool: Yes, I enjoyed her as a celeb and I wouldn't mind seeing her QS but can't really remember any of her other routines. I'm probably not going to see the tour this year. I expect the tickets were more reasonable earlier in the year, but way too expensive for good seats now. Where will you be seeing it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah, I get you now! :cool: Yes, I enjoyed her as a celeb and I wouldn't mind seeing her QS but can't really remember any of her other routines. I'm probably not going to see the tour this year. I expect the tickets were more reasonable earlier in the year, but way too expensive for good seats now. Where will you be seeing it?

The new arena in Leeds. I just got carried away at the time the tickets came out!:)

I'm sure I'll get a bit more excited nearer the time. I'm surprised if Abby is touring with Aljaz. Doesn't PC play footie? Who's got the baby? Will she be dancing too?:)
  • Options
    crazy4kartemcrazy4kartem Posts: 1,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So Mark and Dave and Deborah(sorry, Wrenny!:o) and Lisa hosting......

Why did I buy tickets ages ago? Ah yes, Artem. Thank goodness!:)

Not necessarily. Sometimes the pros end up with different partners for the tour or they bring back a celeb from an earlier series. Artem & Nancy, Louis & Ola.

Kevin is doing the Tour but Suzanna may not with the BBC Breakfast job and her children. Maybe Natalie Lowe is the missing female pro (awaiting final medical checks on her foot?). She is always great with the audience.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not necessarily. Sometimes the pros end up with different partners for the series or they bring back a celeb from an earlier series. Artem & Nancy, Louis & Ola.

Kevin is doing the Tour but Suzanna may not with the BBC Breakfast job and her children. Maybe Natalie Lowe is the missing female pro (awaiting final medical checks on her foot?). She is always great with the audience.

I think it will be Deborah, Crazy. I seem to remember a tweet from her a while ago, something about names being released soon. But we'll see. :)
  • Options
    crazy4kartemcrazy4kartem Posts: 1,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it will be Deborah, Crazy. I seem to remember a tweet from her a while ago, something about names being released soon. But we'll see. :)

Oh dear. I hope that Natalie isn't the only really good dancer on the Tour. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Abbey...?.:(

Tweet from Robin saying he's not sure who he's dancing with!:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 239
    Forum Member
    Wingi wrote: »

Thanks Wingi. Absolutely love this clip. Natalie is quite the comedian ;):)
  • Options
    KartemAddictKartemAddict Posts: 6,137
    Forum Member
    Celebs announced
    The final celebrities completing the 2014 tour line up are...

... model and dancing sensation Abbey Clancy, Dragons’ Den star Deborah Meaden, BBC Breakfast presenter Susanna Reid and Westlife heartthrob Nicky Byrne! They will join former England Rugby World Cup winner Ben Cohen; Coronation Street’s Natalie Gumede; and actor and funny man Mark Benton on the Strictly Come Dancing Live Tour 2014.

Each celebrity from the current series will be dancing with their fantastic on-screen professional dance partners. These pairings are: Mark and Iveta Lukosiute; Abbey and Alijaz Skorjanec; Ben and Kristina Rihanoff; Natalie and Artem Chigvintsev; Deborah and Robin Windsor; and Susanna will be dancing with Kevin Clifton. Nicky Byrne will be dancing with his series 10 partner Karen Hauer, and Natalie Lowe will also be joining the tour.

Alongside the exciting celebrity line up, Craig Revel Horwood, Len Goodman and Bruno Tonioli are back as the tour’s formidable judges. They will be on hand to give their expert feedback and all important scores to the celebrities and their dance partners. They will be joined by former Strictly favourite Lisa Riley, who returns to the glitterball dance floor as host of the 2014 tour.
  • Options
    fridgesoupfridgesoup Posts: 17,137
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tour celebs: Abbey, Deborah, Ben, Natalie, Mark, Nicky Byrne, Susanna. Natalie Lowe as extra pro
  • Options
    denburn quinedenburn quine Posts: 771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That wouldn't be you saying crazy that's shes the only really good female dancer in this years Strictily:D.Sssshh won't say a word to Abbie Susanna or Sophie :D
    Three hundred hours !! That is a lot of dedication to the perfection of dance (home life must be non existent ) They are in it to win it so can't see Artem letting them sacrifice the hours they have given by allowing a wrong song choice or taking a risk by not having enough in hold .:)with so much laughter they must feel pretty confident .Looks to me as if all fears expressed here about the result Saturday will prove groundless . :rolleyes:

What am I doing on here at this ungodly hour ? well I'm coughing for Britain plus having night mares about eating a pork pie hat .:eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nicky Byrne a better dancer than Hairy Biker........?

It's awfully early to be awake but there's a howling gale and we've no glass in the windows until later on today!:D
  • Options
    ClartemClartem Posts: 2,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That wouldn't be you saying crazy that's shes the only really good female dancer in this years Strictily:D.Sssshh won't say a word to Abbie Susanna or Sophie :D
    Three hundred hours !! That is a lot of dedication to the perfection of dance (home life must be non existent ) They are in it to win it so can't see Artem letting them sacrifice the hours they have given by allowing a wrong song choice or taking a risk by not having enough in hold .:)with so much laughter they must feel pretty confident .Looks to me as if all fears expressed here about the result Saturday will prove groundless . :rolleyes:

What am I doing on here at this ungodly hour ? well I'm coughing for Britain plus having night mares about eating a pork pie hat .:eek:
    Nicky Byrne a better dancer than Hairy Biker........?

It's awfully early to be awake but there's a howling gale and we've no glass in the windows until later on today!:D

Ooh dear. :(:( Denburn, I hope the cough resolves and late one you get your glass.
  • Options
    brendans babebrendans babe Posts: 34,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just popping in to wish Natalie and Artem the best for Saturday - hoping to see a lovely AS from them. Saw the latest training footage and it looks lovely - granted none of it was in hold but that will only annoy Len I think - the other judges wont mind as much? Sophie and Brendan are my favourites but i do like watching Natalie and Artem so fingers crossed for both couples;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Richard Curwen ‏@Richardbbc

Oh my @artemchigvintse and @NatalieGumede routine is absolutely gorgeous! Going to be amazing on telly!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just popping in to wish Natalie and Artem the best for Saturday - hoping to see a lovely AS from them. Saw the latest training footage and it looks lovely - granted none of it was in hold but that will only annoy Len I think - the other judges wont mind as much? Sophie and Brendan are my favourites but i do like watching Natalie and Artem so fingers crossed for both couples;)

Thanks for popping in BB :) That's very lovely of you. Here's hoping for a great night for both couples.
  • Options
    MutterMutter Posts: 3,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks, Wrenny. :)Hasn't Artem come out of his shell?
    I cannot click on the links you all provide, BT speed is useless.
    However, Artem is not the person we saw interviewed in LA or indeed the first year here where he was a little suspicious for want of a better word. Reticent?

I think the Tointons are responsible for his more relaxed approach. To leave your place of birth at age 15 with no family, then have to be so competitive and hard in a way.

Not only did he meet the lovely Kara, but also her very settled family who welcomed him with open arms. They may have been the first true family he'd had since leaving home. So instead of competitive, he found unconditional love and warmth.
  • Options
    BungitinBungitin Posts: 5,356
    Forum Member
    I can't see Nat winning if she is one dance short at the final.

Will she have to make up the short fall?
  • Options
    denburn quinedenburn quine Posts: 771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mutter wrote: »
    I cannot click on the links you all provide, BT speed is useless.
    However, Artem is not the person we saw interviewed in LA or indeed the first year here where he was a little suspicious for want of a better word. Reticent?

I think the Tointons are responsible for his more relaxed approach. To leave your place of birth at age 15 with no family, then have to be so competitive and hard in a way.

Not only did he meet the lovely Kara, but also her very settled family who welcomed him with open arms. They may have been the first true family he'd had since leaving home. So instead of competitive, he found unconditional love and warmth.

Nice post mutterI always felt the Tointon family showed all the right values . I've met him a couple of times briefly and found him charming and nothing like the sex symbol he portrays on stage .but he is a Gemini .:D. To be the best requires lots of sacrifices from him and his partner .he's lucky his someone at home understands the "job". Love conquers all . .:)
    On topic . Nartem like to put up smoke screens We are always told how difficult they are finding it , but it is always perfection :)looks like this week will be business as usual .
    Does any one know the answer to the week less dancing ? hadn't thought about that but guess a bye is a bye. Don't think should be a problem.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm off out in a minute so am probably going to spend the rest of the evening wondering if I should have just left this next bit unsaid :eek:, so I hope you'll take it in the spirit it's intended (which is a very warm and positive one, lest that not be clear :p).

I've always valued the Kartem, Hartem, Fartem and Nartem threads as a place to discuss my favourites in robust and lively fashion. If any of those threads had been pure fluffiness, I'm not sure they would have been for me. Do the wheels really fall off the wagon if we criticise the music, the hairdo, the frock, the spray tan, the teeth or *whispers* occasionally the dancing and choreography?!! :confused:

I'm probably being waaaaay too sensitve (there's always a first :o), but after, what felt to me, like an excess of slappage recently, I have been censoring myself from passing comment in any way on the training footage on Wednesday and Natalie and Artem's appearance on ITT yesterday for fear of upsetting the apple cart.....but...... it's been gnawing away at me and that is no good! :eek: :D

Anyway, I'm sure there'll be so very much to discuss come tomorrow ;), I wanted to get that off my chest ready for what I hope will be a stupendous showing from our two and be prepared to fight the good fight OutSide if needs be - eek!

Am off to see Rambert tonight. All that arm wafting and emoting through the medium of contemporary dahnce should put me right in the mood :D:p.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Thank you so much bb - I wish Sophie good luck for tomorrow night too :)
  • Options
    nina_snina_s Posts: 778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fridgesoup wrote: »
    I'm off out in a minute so am probably going to spend the rest of the evening wondering if I should have just left this next bit unsaid :eek:, so I hope you'll take it in the spirit it's intended (which is a very warm and positive one, lest that not be clear :p).

I've always valued the Kartem, Hartem, Fartem and Nartem threads as a place to discuss my favourites in robust and lively fashion. If any of those threads had been pure fluffiness, I'm not sure they would have been for me. Do the wheels really fall off the wagon if we criticise the music, the hairdo, the frock, the spray tan, the teeth or *whispers* occasionally the dancing and choreography?!! :confused:

I'm probably being waaaaay too sensitve (there's always a first :o), but after, what felt to me, like an excess of slappage recently, I have been censoring myself from passing comment in any way on the training footage on Wednesday and Natalie and Artem's appearance on ITT yesterday for fear of upsetting the apple cart.....but...... it's been gnawing away at me and that is no good! :eek: :D

Anyway, I'm sure there'll be so very much to discuss come tomorrow ;), I wanted to get that off my chest ready for what I hope will be a stupendous showing from our two and be prepared to fight the good fight OutSide if needs be - eek!

Am off to see Rambert tonight. All that arm wafting and emoting through the medium of contemporary dahnce should put me right in the mood :D:p.

Soupy thank you so much for posting this, and for saying what you think. Definately should not have been left unsaid. As someone who picked up the slapping baton I feel like I deserved to be slapped for my slappage !

........because of course you should never have to hold back from voicing your views and I'm sorry you felt like you had to for fear of somone like me (yep I know myself ) getting all bolshy and buck-up-ish about it. I hope this appreciation thread, and the Kartem one, always keeps it's humour but we all need to recognise if the banter over-steps the mark sometimes.

I highlighted the bit in bold because it's true and because the main forum is just going get more volatile the deeper the series goes, the Nartemites may need to gather resources ! - you never know I may even venture out there, which rarely happens.

Have a fab evening at the Rambert (tres posh!), no wafting from your seat mind ! :)
  • Options
    nina_snina_s Posts: 778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Richard Curwen ‏@Richardbbc

Oh my @artemchigvintse and @NatalieGumede routine is absolutely gorgeous! Going to be amazing on telly!

Which requires the erudite comment thus :

:):):):D:D:D

And also adding my thanks to Brendan's Babe for popping by, hope Sophie has a great dance as well :)