Options

"1.5m People Join Waiting List For Strictly Come Dancing Tickets"- Are U In Queue ?

TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
Forum Member
✭✭
"1.5m People Join The Waiting List For Strictly Come Dancing Tickets"- Are You In The Queue ?

Omg! can this really be true?

It must be almost impossible to get tickets to see this years Strictly Come Dancing and Sir Bruce unless you get really lucky, it must be just like winning the lottery, please let us know your ticket stories and lucky charm stories. This is really quite amazing and to think some people said that Sir Bruce is no longer a big draw, well it looks like fans across the country have voted with their feet.

Thank you, and good luck in your ticket quest everyone.

" STRICTLY fans are besieging the BBC for tickets to see the live shows, with more than 1.5 million already on a “waiting list”. "

http://www.express.co.uk/news/showbiz/427789/1-5m-people-join-the-waiting-list-for-Strictly-Come-Dancing-tickets

Comments

• Options
    StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    ...you*.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Omg! Thanks for your Strictly ticket launch show story Eddy,

Are there any more ticket and show stories out there?

" Originally Posted by Eddy5 View Post

So after a fanatstic day watching the premier event recording for Strictly I thought I'd write up what happened to help anyone else heading to Elstree studios for a show. Bear in mind this was a pre-recorded Strictly held during the week (Wednesday) when the schools were in. The live shows may well have different timings and the car park maybe quieter.
    Parked on council car park at Brook Road, £5 for the day.
    http://goo.gl/c1jpvx
    Arrived at the queue around 11:30 and there were just over 40 people in front of us. Some had been there since 10 apparently. If you're queuing early there's no need to get dressed up as you can go away and come back later.
    You queue alongside Shenley Road from the entrance to the studios back towards Tesco and the queue is barriered off to allow people to still use the pavement. Apparently the set at Elsetree can hold around 700 people whereas TV Centre was around 380, also there was around 400 on list of public and maybe 300 production staff guests (this is what we were told by the stag while we were queuing).
    Someone came out around 12:00 to put coloured numered stickers on our tickets (So you do need to print them out). Our names were ticked off a list and then we were free to head off and get lunch and relax for a few hours. The main high street has a lot of fast food restaurants but none of those really took our fancy.
    We went to get lunch at the Toby Carvery, and I had a big lunch as I knew we probably wouldn't get much food later in the day. I certainly wasn't hungry later on.
    http://www.tobycarvery.co.uk/theoakl...amwood/findus/
    We then had a wander around the very large Tescos next to the studio for a bit for something to do. There were some very glamorous shoppers there and a few people heading to the Tesco loos to change into their outfits. Tescos also has a Costa inside if you want a coffee/tea etc.
    We parked up at the Brook Road car park again around 14:50 and it was getting very full, but then it was a school day so this will have had an effect. People had parked on the grass when we returned to the car at the end of the night. We sat in the car to keep cool for a bit and then we returned to the queue around 15:00 and people were being given numbered stickers for those that haven't had them already although those were most likely to be people sitting in the 1st level seating overlooking the dance floor.
    We steadily moved onto site from 15:00, and security took phones and cameras and put them in a secure plastic bag and we were given a tear off with matching number to retrieve later. We were also given a metal detector scan on the way through.
    The holding area was a large function room with a bar selling drinks and some snacks. Not a lot of room once everyone was in, and only 2 loos so there was a long queue for the ladies. It was very hot in there after a while (It was a hot day after all with temperatures around 24'C). They did apologise at the lack of loos, and said it was the first time they'd run it there. Maybe it'll change in the future. My top tip is to get back in the queue early if you want a seat as we were standing around for at least 1.5 hours.
    Men were generally in anything from suits or dinner jackets with bow ties to something more resembling smart casual. Not many of us chaps there. Generally women dressed to impress and looked great. If you feel more comfortable in flat shoes I'm sure they'd be fine, because unless you're on the front room no-one will see your shoes.
    There is a cloakroom for people to store large bags and coats in the holding area and you can take 1 medium sized bag to go under your chair and soft drinks with screw-top lids into the studio; no hot food or drinks or alcoholic drinks. There's nothing to buy once you're in the studios. There are toilets you can use in the studio.
    We were called in around 17:00 (around 15 minutes late) in the first batch. They lump the numbers together, so quickly call the first 30, then numbers up to 100, then 150 then 200 so in effect take around 200 to the studio.
    We were walked down the site to the George Lucas stage and saw a few celebs on the way (Mark Benton, Dave Myers, Rod Stewart, Penny Lancaster, Ben Cohen).
    We were then directed to an area based on your sticker number and are placed wherever there's space. We got pretty good seats so had a great view of everything going on. Some people with numbers larger than ours were in front and some with lower numbers may have been behind. As it says on the ticket seats are randomly allocated.
    We sat there taking it all in and watching the comings and goings and eventually they started filming around 18:30 and finished by around 22:40. It's a long day and the order was very different to how it will be in the show as the Premier show is pre-recorded. I'm sure the live show will be a different experience as there's no chance for retakes and it'll be done in the correct order. However it may well take a similar length of time as I believe they film the results show straight after and I guess they may do retakes for that section.
    It was pretty hot in the studio and the chairs are fairly close together so you're all packed in. The chairs aren't that comfortable after a while.
    Everyone's very friendly and were chatting to the audience and there was a great warmup guy keeping the audience going by doing things with them during the breaks (Getting them on stage, or walking around chatting to them, getting us up to do little dances) to keep the energy up in the room.
    The set is fantastic and the band need a special mention. They were incredible live. A very talented bunch of people and the sound setup in the studio is top notch, great quality. I was deeply impressed with them.
    Bruce is an absolute legend. He did a great little warmup routine and is a top notch entertainer. Definitely a privilege to watch him work up close.
    When all filming was done around 22:40 we left the set and queued up to get phones and bags from the holding area.
    It didn't take long to get our phones and we were out of the studios by around 22:50.
    It's very well organised on the whole and they handled the audience very efficiently in my mind. Many thanks to everyone involved in the day, it was very special and both my mum and I thorough enjoyed it. I'd highly recommend it to any Strictly fan if you're lucky enough to get tickets. "
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ...you*.

Your Strictly ticket story is a little short, but thank you anyway.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm loving Suse's early summery story, thanks Suse and welcome by the way.

Suse001

" DiamondBetty - loved your first post! I too am a long time lurker and first time poster today! It was killing me that I had to wait 24 hours before I could post! Had so much I wanted to say and really wanted join in the fun after the launch show!
    I am a complete novice to dance and so my critique will be no where near as good as DB as is more based on how the celebs came across but here goes:
    Sophie and Brendan - wasn't sure at first. She seems like she would be good being a pop singer and is certainly graceful and elegant but I thought she seemed a bit too stiff in the group dance. Not sure how Brendan will get on with her but think getting married and becoming a dad has brought his softer side out so think this might work.
    Deborah and Robin - felt sorry for Robin at first as I really like him and wanted him to get a 'contender' this year but I think TPTB recognise his talent for connecting with his partners and making them feel confident and so will enjoy watching these 2 blossom as a fun partnership.
    Rachel and Pasha - dont think she is nearly as good as everyone makes her out to be. She is warm and fun and will defo try hard and love the experience but I think she will struggle at first. But if anyone can bring out the dancer in her, it will be lovely Pasha!
    Natalie and Artem - she is obviously a strong contender and I don't normally warm to these as I prefer the 'journey' but I think she will go down a lot better than DVO for all the reasons that have been mentioned here. Lovely lines and effortless dancing from what I could see in the group dance. Also pleased Artem will get a chance to show off his skills with a good dancer this year.
    Abbey and Aljaz - think she will be flung about a lot in order to impress the judges but that's all she has to offer. Can't warm to herand really wish she would stop pouting and just smile for once!
    Susannah and Kevin - really like this pair but can't figure out why. Loved their intro and have slightly fallen in love with the boy from Grimsby! Slow start but will pick up speed mid way I think.
    Fiona and Anton - pleasantly surprised, Fiona seems confident and has rhythm. Hope Anton doesn't go down the comedy route as she has potential. Reminds me of Cherie and James a few years back.
    Vanessa and James - was prepared to hate them but think they could be amazing but for all the wrong reasons! Can't deny they will be fun to watch! Think she will be a good 'actor' dancer to cover her lack of ability.

Now onto the boys:
    Ben and Kristina - Hot! Love Ben, think he could be a bit clunky to start with but am hoping Kristina will bring him out of his shell.
    Ashley and Ola - another strong contender. The boy can dance and think they will be a cute couple together.
    Patrick and Anya - didn't really elicit much from me to be honest. Think Patrick can move but might take this too seriously.
    Tony and Aliona - really have nothing to say abut them and feel bad. Although I do like her new hair but she has been too tainted by her past behaviour for me to start liking her.
    Dave and Karen - another surprise. Karen has a big job on her hands but I am hoping for another Michael Vaughn and Natalie Lowe journey. Loved the group dance rehearsal footage... '1, 2, beans on toast' Karen really endeared herself to me with this as wasn't crazy for her last year but she could be one of my faves this time.
    Mark and Iveta - lovely personality and funny! Hope Iveta doesn't write him off straight away. Hoping his musical background will see him through for a few weeks.
    Julien and Jeanne - bit too much, but loving his enthusiasm. Less arm flapping is needed.

Have I got everybody?! "
  • Options
    CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tell us when the Tyson v. TerryM22 bout is coming up, people will be queueing to Timbuktu
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 153
    Forum Member
    I've been lucky twice before, had tickets in 2007 and 2011. So it is possible! It is an amazing night out, anyone who gets tickets will have an incredibly exciting time.
  • Options
    olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jezebel66 wrote: »
    I've been lucky twice before, had tickets in 2007 and 2011. So it is possible! It is an amazing night out, anyone who gets tickets will have an incredibly exciting time.

Ive been lucky too but never through the ballot channels
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    olivej wrote: »
    Ive been lucky too but never through the ballot channels

Forgive me for not being fully aware of the ticket process, but does this mean that you are very well connected?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TerryM22 wrote: »
    Forgive me for not being fully aware of the ticket process, but does this mean that you are very well connected?

No, not at all, I know someone who works at the BBC and when she was working on Strictly she kindly got me tickets
  • Options
    BRITLANDBRITLAND Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why can't the BBC use a large studio like DWTS in America? There's like 3 levels of seats
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    olivej wrote: »
    No, not at all, I know someone who works at the BBC and when she was working on Strictly she kindly got me tickets

lts always good to hear stories like this about people who are prepared to help and share with others.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    Loved Eddy5's summary of the night, almost feels like I was there too! I actually don't know what I would do if I managed to get some tickets! Just imagine the excitement, the glitz, the glamour.....sigh! To all those who are lucky enough to get tickets....damn you! Only joking! Enjoy the fabulousness and do let us know how the night went!
  • Options
    HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I try every year. *sighs* :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Heavenly wrote: »
    I try every year. *sighs* :(

It sounds as though you are overdue a bit of luck, I hope you get some.
  • Options
    oxygenjjoxygenjj Posts: 18,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "1.5m People Join The Waiting List For Strictly Come Dancing Tickets"- Are You In The Queue ?

Omg! can this really be true?

It must be almost impossible to get tickets to see this years Strictly Come Dancing and Sir Bruce unless you get really lucky, it must be just like winning the lottery, please let us know your ticket stories and lucky charm stories. This is really quite amazing and to think some people said that Sir Bruce is no longer a big draw, well it looks like fans across the country have voted with their feet.

Thank you, and good luck in your ticket quest everyone.

" STRICTLY fans are besieging the BBC for tickets to see the live shows, with more than 1.5 million already on a “waiting list”. "

http://www.express.co.uk/news/showbiz/427789/1-5m-people-join-the-waiting-list-for-Strictly-Come-Dancing-tickets

might be 2.5m in the queue , if Sir Bruce would take up retirement :):D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It sounds as though you are overdue a bit of luck, I hope you get some.

Thanks.

Already had the first email saying no luck for the first 2 shows.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks.

Already had the first email saying no luck for the first 2 shows.

Keep trying, you never know what might be round the corner.
  • Options
    oxygenjjoxygenjj Posts: 18,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

always positive attitude , :):)
  • Options
    aimeeaimee1000aimeeaimee1000 Posts: 665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have tried every year no luck so far maybe this year I will be lucky
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I have got tickets!!! :eek::eek:

Going 5 October - so excited - I could cry!!! :D:D

I need to find someone now who has been to a live Saturday night recording, as you are not guaranteed to get in, so need to know when to start queueing!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I need to find someone now who has been to a live Saturday night recording, as you are not guaranteed to get in, so need to know when to start queueing!!

well done!!! Ive been to a live recording, my advice, get there as early as you possibly can :)
  • Options
    SaraV1308SaraV1308 Posts: 9,760
    Forum Member

My advice is ... start queuing as early as you can (like Olive said) but certainly arrive there by 2 pm (by 3 pm will give you near the back of the queue).

Pointing you to this thread about queuing at Elstree
    http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1884759
  • Options
    peevepeeve Posts: 3,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Woo-hoo! Congratulations. Quite a few of us have been to a live recording. It's a long day, but well worth it. I was at last year's Halloween show and posted a report about it in the Fern and Artem appreciation page. Truth be told, I never use one word where seven will do, so the report is in three massive posts, beginning at http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?p=62040325&highlight=#post62040325, post number 1009. Still, if you discount the waffle, there's some good info about timings and the whole process. Yes, get there early, ridiculously early if you can, and feel free to PM me if you have any questions not covered in my previous posts.

You'll have a great time. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, and I know I'm stating the bleeding obvious, but all previous reports of queuing and stickering and going off for lunch in the shopping centre only apply to the Good Old Days when Strictly was filmed in Shepherd's Bush. Now it's out in the sticks at Elstree, things may be different.

It might be worth asking if anybody has been to Elstree as well. I went to a Dancing on Ice show that was filmed there (tedious in the extreme because of all the ad breaks) but I went with a friend who had priority tickets so we didn't have to queue and were in the green room, dahlings, with all the stars (and Chris Moyles).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SaraV1308 wrote: »
    My advice is ... start queuing as early as you can (like Olive said) but certainly arrive there by 2 pm (by 3 pm will give you near the back of the queue).

Pointing you to this thread about queuing at Elstree
    http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1884759

IMO, 2pm is likely to be too late and you would risk not getting in. When I went last year, we were there very early, but BBC staff eventually came out (about 12.30), gave us stickers and we were able to go away, with a promise to be back by 2.15. We then re-joined the queue a LONG way back. People just in front of us were being given stand-by tickets, but obviously we were able to sail in with our priority stickers.