Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Miley Cyrus NUDE in new video

Old 09-09-2013, 17:41
Ivor Fanny
Forum Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=My2FRPA3Gf8
Ivor Fanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 09-09-2013, 17:52
LandslideBrad
Forum Member

It's probably metaphorical for the relationship leaving her empty, bare, broken etc or she's like 'one with the wrecking ball' but basic people will probably see it more as metawhoreical.

I expected more from the video but it's cute.
LandslideBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 17:53
Makson
Forum Member

The nudity is to show how vulnerable and "exposed" the bad relationship has left her.....not a shameless ploy to get extra hits for the video by seeing a nudey Miley...........
Makson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 18:02
Supercell
Forum Member

I can just imagine then saying....we build a simple set and you are wearing some white underwear and crying....there is a wrecking ball demolishing things, cos your song is called wrecking ball....ok yeah...oh and then can you lick a mallet suggestively and straddle the wrecking ball naked....oh yeah sounds like a great plan to keep me in the press!
Supercell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 18:07
d56
Forum Member

Cringe at her.
d56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 18:09
Hav_mor91
Forum Member

Haven't we been here before girl seeks credibibilty sheds clothes somehow it's never felt more desperate.
Hav_mor91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 18:10
JasonWatkins
Forum Member

When someone tries realllllly hard to be provocative, it quickly becomes quite tedious ..
JasonWatkins is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 18:14
gpk
Forum Member

I can just imagine then saying....we build a simple set and you are wearing some white underwear and crying....there is a wrecking ball demolishing things, cos your song is called wrecking ball....ok yeah...oh and then can you lick a mallet suggestively and straddle the wrecking ball naked....oh yeah sounds like a great plan to keep me in the press!
basically this. its transparent and predictable, but i still think the song is great though.
gpk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 18:18
Zack06
Forum Member

The saddest thing is, I actually like this song, but she's managed to turn something meaningful into an embarrassing trash-fest. The video ruins the song for me, her desperation for controversy is odious.
Zack06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 18:21
Makson
Forum Member

The saddest thing is, I actually like this song, but she's managed to make something meaningful into an embarrassing trash-fest. The video ruins the song for me, her desperation for controversy is odious.
I agree.
The song is so good (even the chorus has grown on me now) but with the "Sinead O' Connor" close-up at the start with the cringe tears and the nudity, it completely takes from the song itself
Old 09-09-2013, 18:22
FMKK
Forum Member

To be fair, it mostly makes sense with the song.
FMKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 18:24
Squealer_Mahony
Forum Member

Why are female popstars so quick to get naked in their Vids Katy Perry, Spears, Rihanna, Gaga to name a few recently.
Boooooring.
How come guys aren't so quick to drop trousers for "art"?
Squealer_Mahony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 19:04
kryskrys
Forum Member

It's very Rihanna, Rated R era. I'm not fussed by the nudity, I think the shots of her in the white pants are more unpleasant. And the make-up was a bit distracting in the 'emotional' scenes. But overall it's not too bad a video.
kryskrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 19:14
Toy_Hero
Forum Member

I have to disagree with the whole nakedness was to portray how broken and vulnerable she was. I think that's a great way to show it, but she didn't. I can't believe i'm saying it, but Rihanna naked in the Stay video sold the message. Miley is selling nothing but sex.

The only vulnerability was the first 30 seconds, after that it was just about her body. She was riding the wrecking ball naked, not innocently, but trying to be sexy. She was then making out with a sledgehammer because she's obviously got some kind of thing with having her tongue hanging out like a camel. She was caressing the chain like she was gonna kiss it too

So yeah, not much vulnerabilty, just another opportunity to flaunt herself. So desperate.
Toy_Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 19:30
3 $pirit
Forum Member

Well I just watched the video mostly to see a naked Miley which i liked And i actually liked the song as well which I probably wouldn't have heard without looking at this thread. So if she did it to get views it kinda worked it me

I'm so easily bought
3 $pirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 19:30
ChipDouglas82
Forum Member

I have to admit, I've never been a fan of Miley, and not a fan of her "look" either, but she looks good in the video!
ChipDouglas82 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 19:39
crazybeats
Inactive Member

I love to watch a car crash.
crazybeats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 19:49
cris182
Forum Member

Serious question, Why do female artists do 'sexy' videos? Surely the majority of people who buy the music are female fans. So a 'sexy' video by say the Saturdays or Miley may get blokes watching, But will it make them go and buy the single? I know it wouldn't for me. A boy band i can see why the female fans would love that and buy it, Just not the other way.
cris182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 20:09
Makson
Forum Member

Why are female popstars so quick to get naked in their Vids Katy Perry, Spears, Rihanna, Gaga to name a few recently.
Boooooring.
How come guys aren't so quick to drop trousers for "art"?
Adam Rickett was a trendsetter and way ahead of his time back in 1998
Old 09-09-2013, 20:26
Semierotic
Forum Member

The nudity is to show how vulnerable and "exposed" the bad relationship has left her.....not a shameless ploy to get extra hits for the video by seeing a nudey Miley...........
Semierotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 20:38
Squealer_Mahony
Forum Member

Adam Rickett was a trendsetter and way ahead of his time back in 1998
Maybe other guys looked at him and thought "well it didn't make him a big star so I won't bother"
Old 09-09-2013, 21:02
I IZ Ghetto
Forum Member

Maybe it could be passable..without the weird licking of the hammer... but it's doing what it should.... once again everyone is talking about her
I IZ Ghetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 21:16
kryskrys
Forum Member

Serious question, Why do female artists do 'sexy' videos? Surely the majority of people who buy the music are female fans. So a 'sexy' video by say the Saturdays or Miley may get blokes watching, But will it make them go and buy the single? I know it wouldn't for me. A boy band i can see why the female fans would love that and buy it, Just not the other way.
I think everyone likes looking at attractive and glamorous women, even if they're not the gender you're attracted to. I mean take Girls Aloud for example. I think they make great music, but would they have such a devoted gay male/young female following if they were unattractive and wore jeans and T-shirts? Young girls like it because they aspire to be like these women. Gay guys must like it too, otherwise female popstars wouldn't save their most revealing outfits for when they perform at G.A.Y.

In Miley's case she might not be so aspirational at the moment, but she's certainly getting a lot of publicity. I think it's just human nature to be drawn to something that's shocking or provocative. I'm a straight female but I probably wouldn't have bothered clicking on this thread and YouTube link if it hadn't said that Miley was naked in the video.
kryskrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 21:47
Squealer_Mahony
Forum Member

So how long before she does a Britney on it and goes full foof? I say 1 month?
Old 09-09-2013, 21:49
LemonadeMouth
Forum Member

When someone tries realllllly hard to be provocative, it quickly becomes quite tedious ..
Absolutely. It comes off as desperate and repetitive.

Not trying to be mean but I don't think Miley has the right kind of figure to pull off this whole sexy act.

The song is okay I guess, I liked her music more in the days before she didn't try and be controversial.
LemonadeMouth is offline   Reply With Quote