Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

The Grand Theft Auto V Thread

Old 10-09-2013, 00:00
Ash_735
Forum Member

Well since people were asking for it, here's a new thread for Grand Theft Auto V, where you can talk about the game during and post release! We're in the final week now so not long to go but some of you MIGHT get a hold of the game earlier, in that case the only additional rule for this thread is to make sure anything related to the games storyline or easter eggs are put into a SPOILER tag and that you let others know what kind of spoiler it is (e.g. STORY Spoiler, Don't click unless...), apart from that, play nice and I hope you all will enjoy the game!
Ash_735 is online now Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 10-09-2013, 00:07
boxx
Forum Member

Ordered my PS3 GTAV pack from game with Last of Us and Breaking Bad for 185. First console I've bought since Game Cube. Can't wait.
boxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 00:14
mred2000
Forum Member

You never answered me on the other thread...

I think the reviews are going out on the 16th, so all of you attending a midnight launch will have something to read on your smart phones and tablets whilst waiting in line.
Did you not push for a review copy for your website? Not that you'd want to admit anything here, hahaha I considered it but the site I write for is predominantly fantasy based so I didn't bother...
mred2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 00:17
KMKYWAP
Inactive Member

What's the point in having to use spoiler tags in here as well?

Why not just have this thread a free for all?
KMKYWAP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 00:20
Jimmy_McNulty
Forum Member

People at different stages. Some might rush through the missions, some might just go free-roam, some may do the side missions etc.
Jimmy_McNulty is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 00:20
mred2000
Forum Member

Well, it's a public forum so folk can do what they want to, really. I'm sure folk first mentioned having an official thread so spoilers wouldn't be needed, possibly also why people were waiting until release to start the thread.
Generally can't keep everyone happy all the time were spoilers are concerned, though.
mred2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 00:21
boxx
Forum Member

Ugh spoliers. just start a spoiler thread.
Old 10-09-2013, 00:47
kcspurs
Forum Member

any news on the price. game will prob charge as much as they can. but what about tesco or asda
kcspurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 01:37
Hendo9
Forum Member

Supermarket prices will no doubt come out Friday or over the weekend into Monday.

GAME will charge 45 I reckon... its 40.99 on their website, so wack on a few extra quid for in store
Hendo9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 02:55
BadLadAsh
Forum Member

1 Weeeek!!!!!!!!!
BadLadAsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 04:21
Ross1874
Forum Member

it is 35 on amazon just now if I preorder now and the price goes up between now and the 17th which will I be charged?
Ross1874 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 04:45
CJClarke
Forum Member

it is 35 on amazon just now if I preorder now and the price goes up between now and the 17th which will I be charged?
You'll be charged the lowest amount that the game is listed at between now and the release date. So if 35 is the lowest it goes, then that's what you'll be charged, regardless of whether it goes up in price between now and the 17th.
CJClarke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 08:15
Gilbertoo
Forum Member

Or simply start a "GTA V: Official Spoilers Thread" instead?
Gilbertoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 09:00
whoever,hey
Forum Member

Isn't this thread about a week early?
whoever,hey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 09:22
Titan9
Inactive Member

I was one of the lucky ones who preordered from Tesco for 30 (10 off voucher) + 500 CC points.

Hopefully I receive it on launch day.
Titan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 10:49
BlackSkyuk
Forum Member

TV ad should be on tonight at Half Time in the Ukraine v England game. ITV/ITV HD
BlackSkyuk is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 10:59
OMTT
Forum Member

Saw the TV ad last night on channel 4 during that programme 'Blackout'. Can't wait!!
OMTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 11:33
Sarah_Mary
Forum Member

Can't wait to get this and play it, though it will be hard splitting my time between Final Fantasy XIV and GTA V admittedly.
Sarah_Mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 11:36
boxx
Forum Member

Can't wait to get this and play it, though it will be hard splitting my time between Final Fantasy XIV and GTA V admittedly.
...and Rome 2 and BF4... Damn you time!!!

(Having a blast in FF14 )
Old 10-09-2013, 11:49
2Dshmuplover
Forum Member

Surprised he review embargo is so late for this.

ShopTo are starting to charge cards today and say will be dispatched afterwards in time for the 17th. On previousTuesday releases I have had game as early as Saturday so it's a possibility.
2Dshmuplover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 12:01
Hotbird
Forum Member

Surprised he review embargo is so late for this.

ShopTo are starting to charge cards today and say will be dispatched afterwards in time for the 17th. On previousTuesday releases I have had game as early as Saturday so it's a possibility.
Do you have much experience with ShopTo as that's were I have GTA ordered and I am now starting to worry I wont get it on release day because of our crappy post system. Its been a long time since I preordered a game due to the postal system so I am hoping I have not made a mistake.

On the subject of spoilers I hope we can have two thread running for this game. One for general gameplay / radio station / fun things type discussion (All spoiler free) and another for story discussion for those wanting that type of thing.
Hotbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 12:07
blitzben85
Forum Member

Do you have much experience with ShopTo as that's were I have GTA ordered and I am now starting to worry I wont get it on release day because of our crappy post system. Its been a long time since I preordered a game due to the postal system so I am hoping I have not made a mistake.

On the subject of spoilers I hope we can have two thread running for this game. One for general gameplay / radio station / fun things type discussion (All spoiler free) and another for story discussion for those wanting that type of thing.
A story discussion would require everyone to be playing at the same pace or that too would turn into a spoiler thread.
blitzben85 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 12:07
2Dshmuplover
Forum Member

Yeah quite a lot. I've never had a game late from ShopTo, nor even on release day, always before.
2Dshmuplover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 12:35
Hotbird
Forum Member

A story discussion would require everyone to be playing at the same pace or that too would turn into a spoiler thread.
I was meaning a spoiler free thread and a spoiler thread.

Yeah quite a lot. I've never had a game late from ShopTo, nor even on release day, always before.
Thanks, sounds good. At least put my mind at ease a bit that I should have it release day. Not going to get my hope up for an early arrival but that would be amazing if it happened.
Hotbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 13:08
BobbyNoMates
Forum Member

Not sure if it's been posted yet, but apparently this is the map...

http://www.behindgames.com/wp-conten...09/MDRCIle.jpg
BobbyNoMates is offline   Reply With Quote