Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Celebs and veneers/false teeth

Old 25-09-2013, 20:23
Sweet FA
Forum Member

People like Rylan just seem to want quick-fix results. Braces have improved a lot these days and can be used at pretty much any age. Surely that would be preferable to having perfectly healthy teeth filed down to mere stumps?!

Natural teeth are never perfectly aligned anyway. A slight imperfection is not a disaster. I can't imagine his teeth were so bad in the first place that they couldn't have been straightened up with a brace and some teeth whitening treatment.
His teeth were fine before: the way they're set, provided they're reasonably healthy, are unique to you and give character and his most certainly were/did. I think he'll forever rue the day he went down the road he's gone down with them. As for their whiteness, Jesus wept, they're not meant to act as a beacon - he looks like a frigging lighthouse...
Sweet FA is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 25-09-2013, 22:24
Hotgossip
Forum Member

Latest one today is Cher Lloyd with a new set of pearly white teeth. They look the wrong size for her mouth.
Hotgossip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2013, 12:17
Susie_Wilcox
Inactive Member

I have had a good looksie at pictures of Rylan's teeth...and cher's too...and something my dad told me years ago rang a bell as to why they look sooo weird and fake. Dad had false gnashers too only his looked like the real deal because of the way the dental technician made them. He told me that our own teeth are not a uniform size and that all carnivores, including humans (sorry to any vegies on this forum), have those pointy canine incisors top and bottom at the front. As the teeth progress around to the back on each side they change shape and decrease in size....when you look at Rylan's they are all the same size, all the same filed shape right around from one side the other. Who ever did them did not shape the 3rd and 4th teeth as incisors like they naturally would be. Hence why they look like he has an electric keyboard jammed in his mouth. A very unnatural looking set of teeth, god knows what he paid too.
Susie_Wilcox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2013, 12:36
Valentine
Forum Member

I have had a good looksie at pictures of Rylan's teeth...and cher's too...and something my dad told me years ago rang a bell as to why they look sooo weird and fake. Dad had false gnashers too only his looked like the real deal because of the way the dental technician made them. He told me that our own teeth are not a uniform size and that all carnivores, including humans (sorry to any vegies on this forum), have those pointy canine incisors top and bottom at the front. As the teeth progress around to the back on each side they change shape and decrease in size....when you look at Rylan's they are all the same size, all the same filed shape right around from one side the other. Who ever did them did not shape the 3rd and 4th teeth as incisors like they naturally would be. Hence why they look like he has an electric keyboard jammed in his mouth. A very unnatural looking set of teeth, god knows what he paid too.
He said he paid 25 grand - shocker!!
Valentine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2013, 13:56
Sloopy
Forum Member

Shame Rylan can't get his money......not to mention his old teeth.....back.

He could have had more discreet dental treatment done for a fraction of that price.

Somehow he now looks like a cartoon version of George Michael.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2013, 15:38
zx50
Forum Member

He said he paid 25 grand - shocker!!
What a price to pay for bloody teeth. The dentists doing that work must charge a bloody fortune for their labour. In fact, they must be bloody extortionate. That's an insane price to pay for new teeth.
zx50 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2013, 15:40
zx50
Forum Member

Shame Rylan can't get his money......not to mention his old teeth.....back.

He could have had more discreet dental treatment done for a fraction of that price.

Somehow he now looks like a cartoon version of George Michael.
The price he paid and yet the way he looks. Talk about having no value of money.
zx50 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2013, 15:45
emma555
Forum Member

Haha, I read this thread backwards, and I kind of wasn't getting why you were all talking about Rylan, because I remembered him always having Ross teeth, but then I saw the pictures.

Oh dear God! He can't even close his mouth properly!
emma555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2013, 10:43
Georgiecats
Forum Member

These teeth are such a departure from his God-given ones that he now looks like a caricature who'll never be taken seriously...
Yes he was taken so seriously before.

At least he gives me a good laugh when I see his horse mouth appear on tv. You can't take your eyes off his teeth! What a gobful. He can't close his mouth. How do people eat with them either? The things people do to keep themselves in the public eye.

Oh well he probably thinks people laughing at his silly horse teeth is all good publicity. Come to think of it horses teeth actually look better because they're natural to the horse.
Georgiecats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2013, 11:37
Hotgossip
Forum Member

Artem on Strictly Come Dancing is another one with some stupid looking false teeth.
Old 29-09-2013, 19:37
postit
Forum Member

Artem on Strictly Come Dancing is another one with some stupid looking false teeth.
I don't think they are. He's talked of having his overlarge and pointy incisors filed down, and like all Americans in the media, he has them regularly whitened.
postit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2013, 19:41
Brighton Bhelle
Inactive Member

I don't think they are. He's talked of having his overlarge and pointy incisors filed down, and like all Americans in the media, he has them regularly whitened.
He's Russian.
Brighton Bhelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2013, 20:36
Hotgossip
Forum Member

I must stop looking at teeth just looking at Sharon osbornes false teeth. Just too perfect.
Old 29-09-2013, 20:45
Demizdeeroolz
Forum Member

Abbey Clancy was sporting some brilliant white gnashers on SCD. Her front teeth were never that big when she was on Britain's Next Top Model.
Demizdeeroolz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2013, 21:24
clfan
Forum Member

I must stop looking at teeth just looking at Sharon osbornes false teeth. Just too perfect.

Louis Walsh's face doesn't look the same either . it creeps me out
clfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2013, 22:38
mazzy50
Forum Member

Karren Brady is another person who got veneers which changed the whole shape of her mouth/face. I can remember spending a whole episode of Your Fired mesmerised/horrified by the veneers and how she had to keep stretching her top lip to cover them.

Nothing comes close to Rylan though. His teeth look like they were based on a sketch by a 5 year old.
mazzy50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2013, 22:49
Brighton Bhelle
Inactive Member

Have Dennis Waterman's dentures/veneers been mentioned?

Terrible things. He should demand his money back.
Old 29-09-2013, 22:56
cazzz
Forum Member

Joey Essex was on something the other night, I think he went to the same dentist as Rylan (they are not as bad as Rylans but still, not subtle at all.
cazzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2013, 23:02
Brighton Bhelle
Inactive Member

Joey Essex was on something the other night, I think he went to the same dentist as Rylan (they are not as bad as Rylans but still, not subtle at all.
Celebrity Juice.

I was blinded.
Old 29-09-2013, 23:19
Leicester_Hunk
Forum Member

Discussed in the Strictly Come Dancing thread about Abbey Clancy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaogg View Post
They all end up looking like James Coburn, who's face at least fitted his teeth.

http://acertaincinema.com/wp-content...coburn_opt.jpg
If you look at the woman on my thread she has had veneers as she has that horsey mouth and tattooed eyebrows and lips. Looks horrid.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012...n_1241378.html

Abbey isn't that bad.
Leicester_Hunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2013, 23:23
cazzz
Forum Member

Celebrity Juice.

I was blinded.
just remembered, it was Through the Keyhole, I don't watch Celeb Juice
Old 29-09-2013, 23:30
Brighton Bhelle
Inactive Member

just remembered, it was Through the Keyhole, I don't watch Celeb Juice
He was on Celebrity Juice as well.
Old 29-09-2013, 23:35
cazzz
Forum Member

He was on Celebrity Juice as well.
yes I figured that from your post
Old 30-09-2013, 21:24
realwales
Forum Member

Kate Garraway has definitely had some work done - her front teeth don't look at all natural. A friend of mine worked with her some years ago and said she was a nice, down-to-earth girl but she enjoyed her cigarettes. I've seen footage of her from her regional TV days and her slight lisp was far less noticeable then. Her teeth, pre-treatment, weren't in bad shape either. At the absolute most she should've had them whitened.
realwales is offline   Reply With Quote