Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Just heard Disco Love - The Saturdays on Capital and....

Old 12-09-2013, 19:54
Acejr200
Forum Member

I have to say, for the first time ive heard it fully, and on radio for that matter, I think its one of their best!

Although i loved Gentleman, it maybe was too much of a risk, and should have remained an album track. It definitely wasnt radio friendly.

'Disco Love' however, has that right sound, and clearly capital believe so too.
With the right support from radio's, this could be the perfect boost of promotion the upcoming album release really needs
Acejr200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 12-09-2013, 22:29
cnbcwatcher
Forum Member

It's ok but to be honest I find it a bit too teen pop. I preferred Gentleman and I liked the 90s sound of that one. I still think their older singles are their best. Songs like Up, Ego and Higher should have all been No 1.
cnbcwatcher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2013, 02:53
SuperAPJ
Forum Member

I like it and it's been stuck in my head for some time!

The overall sound of the song, not the tune, reminds me of both Jessie J's "Domino" and Rita Ora's "How We Do". Does anyone know if this track was produced by the same person as either Jessie or Rita's song?
SuperAPJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2013, 09:32
Mrfenty
Forum Member

I totally agree, when it was first released I wasn't so sure, I thought it was average, but the tracks really grown on me and yesterday I heard it on Kiss FM for the first time and it is so radio friendly, in the same way What About Us was, I think if they get good radio support the song will do really well, definitely one of their best singles

Also Rochelle just tweeted they've got lots of good promo coming soon, I'm praying its an X Factor slot!
Mrfenty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2013, 10:28
Mark-Anthony
Forum Member

I think im in the minority with this one where I think its a terrible weak song :/
Mark-Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2013, 11:04
cnbcwatcher
Forum Member

I think im in the minority with this one where I think its a terrible weak song :/
I think that too and I'm a big Saturdays fan! They should have released Not Giving Up and left this as an album track. What is wrong with their management?
cnbcwatcher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2013, 11:16
Hogs Head
Forum Member

Eh? I'm a big Saturdays fan and I think it's one of their best! It's all relative, I guess. I think it'll do well!
Hogs Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2013, 11:18
Lucylocket88

Eh? I'm a big Saturdays fan and I think it's one of their best! It's all relative, I guess. I think it'll do well!
I think it will do better than 'Gentlemen', but not as good as 'What About Us'. I predict top ten. I actually like 'Disco Love' and the video to it.
Lucylocket88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2013, 11:29
Littlegreen42
Forum Member

It will flop.

'Gentlemen' was a risk that failed, while this track is just bland.
Littlegreen42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2013, 12:42
Hogs Head
Forum Member

I loved it so much that I ordered the signed copy of the CD Ha! Definitely my end-of-summer tune! I can't wait for them to start promoting it, though it will strange without Frankie! I wonder if that will affect anything...
Hogs Head is offline   Reply With Quote