Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

The Colour of Money

Old 14-09-2013, 09:39
dazb
Forum Member

Have to say having watched this again on Netflix the film just gets better every time a gem of a film great perfomances all round especially from Paul Newman who got Best Actor Oscar. The film also has one of the best music soundtracks out there too. Classic.
dazb is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 14-09-2013, 12:33
Old.Tallen
Forum Member

One of my all time favourite movies, its very dated but still enjoyable.
Old.Tallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2013, 12:41
dazb
Forum Member

I was gonna but the Bluray but by all accounts its awful picture quality only just better than the Dvd which is a shame.
dazb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2013, 13:28
Ancient IDTV
Forum Member

I love it. Re-watch it every couple of years (same with The Hustler). It's also the only movie I have on DVD or Blu-ray that has Tom Cruise in it.
Ancient IDTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2013, 02:00
L_Roberts
Forum Member

I'd quite like a sequel to this but I doubt Hollywood would greenlight it. Non-action Cruise films have not been successful in recent years.
L_Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2013, 09:11
JasonWatkins
Forum Member

I was gonna but the Bluray but by all accounts its awful picture quality only just better than the Dvd which is a shame.
I've been keeping an eye on the BluRay situation for years because of this reason. I'm hoping they re-do the transfer for some kind of anniversary release or something like that.

It's easily in my top 5 favourite films of all time and i'd love to get it on BluRay.

I'll never forget the first time I saw it at my local cinema. It was on in the main screen which was the largest - seated over 300 people. I was sitting down the front part and there was ONE other person sitting up the back so it was very, very quiet there and I got totally immersed in the film.

When it finished and I walked out into the lobby of the cinema, i actually thought for a second I was in the hotel where they were playing the pool tournament
JasonWatkins is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote