Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Silly moments in TV shows

Old 14-09-2013, 12:41
Butterflyy
Forum Member

Not a hating thread or anything. Just a few things I find a bit weird.

Desperate Housewives - Splitting up Tom and Lynette in the final season. I mean you just knew they'd get back together (which they did) so all their stuff in season 8 just felt a bit pointless, them dating other people etc. They'd been through sooo much together (cancer, tornado, losing a child. son arrested, Tom's secret child, soooo many job changes and arguments ...) and then they just split up over nothing really. It was like the writers just thought "what else can we possibly throw at them?" so just split them up for a while.

E.R - Romano getting his arm cut off by a helicopter and then squashed to death by one a year later. I know it was amusing and ironic but it was pretty ridiculous! That's the moment I've heard people say that the show "jumped the shark" Also the tank driving towards the hospital and all the explosions were a bit daft!

Friends - Joey speaking French. It's just so stupid. Even Joey can't be that dim? He memorises medical dialogue on a daily basis. It is sort of funny (my sisters and I still quote "tout de la fruit a lot ) but it is dumb!

Yes I know they're TV shows, not real life blah blah blah! I think it's coz when shows get old the writers don't always know what to do. Any other things people cant think of?
Butterflyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 14-09-2013, 14:29
big brother 9
Forum Member

Thabks for all the spoilers
big brother 9 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2013, 14:32
lovetochat
Forum Member

How can they be spoilers if the programmes have actually finished? Friends and Desperate Housewives finished ages ago and have been discussed over and over again on this forum.
lovetochat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2013, 14:57
Tiwttmos
Forum Member

Don't want to spoil this for you, but it was ******* ******* who shot JR
Tiwttmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2013, 15:00
gold2040
Forum Member

How can they be spoilers if the programmes have actually finished? Friends and Desperate Housewives finished ages ago and have been discussed over and over again on this forum.
Because shock horror.. someone hasn't seen them?

And it's been just over a year since the finale of DH was aired, hardly a lifetime
gold2040 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2013, 15:15
RebelScum
Forum Member

And it's been just over a year since the finale of DH was aired, hardly a lifetime
Given that the titles of the TV shows mentioned are highlighted in bold at the start of each paragraph, I would imagine that anyone who was concerned about spoilers would be capable of exercising restraint and stop reading any further.

To get back on topic;

The Colbys - when Fallon Colby was abducted by aliens.
RebelScum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2013, 17:41
degsyhufc
Forum Member

I thought that Sheldon in the ball pit was a turning point in TBBT. Maybe not jumping the shark territory but I do think the show started to go down hill. More to do with the involvment of minor characters and couples.
degsyhufc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2013, 17:58
koantemplation
Forum Member

In 'Happy Days' when the Fonz jumps over a shark.
koantemplation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2013, 18:03
decobelle
Forum Member

In 'Happy Days' when the Fonz jumps over a shark.
Damn you beat me to it
decobelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2013, 19:07
lovetochat
Forum Member

But long enough for most

Given that the titles of the TV shows mentioned are highlighted in bold at the start of each paragraph, I would imagine that anyone who was concerned about spoilers would be capable of exercising restraint and stop reading any further.

Exactly!

Don't want to spoil this for you, but it was ******* ******* who shot JR
Was about to write something along these lines Seriously what is the point of reading a US forum at all in that case

There's always going to be someone who hasn't seen everything, , but to call someone out for spoiling it is ridiculous! Spoilers usually refer to episodes aired in the US but not the UK. Hardly refers to something that was aired over a year ago!
lovetochat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2013, 04:58
SuperAPJ
Forum Member

Friends - Joey speaking French[...](my sisters and I still quote "tout de la fruit a lot )
Having watched that episode again recently, I've found myself saying that phrase now!
SuperAPJ is offline   Reply With Quote