Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Vodafone Signal - Poor

Old 14-09-2013, 21:31
p-gibson
Forum Member

Is Vodafone the worst network for reception? I hardly seem to get a reception in certain places. Other people on the network in the area have the same issues....
p-gibson is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 14-09-2013, 21:43
wilt
Forum Member

It depends where you are.
wilt is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2013, 22:49
John_Patrick
Forum Member

One would hope that they have good reception in Livingston.... they have an office/switch there.....
John_Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2013, 23:15
Mark in Essex
Forum Member

I've always found them and O2 to be the best in the places I go (especially indoors). I travel for my work to a lot of rural areas around Anglia.

Just a shame both their data speeds are s**t.
Mark in Essex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2013, 02:03
Zee_Bukhari
Forum Member

it all depends to be honest. O2 and Vodafone are known to have very poor 3G though.

You can test out with another networks PAYG sim card (O2, Three, T-Mobile) to see if there is improvement if you're not in a contract and if its better port your number over.
Zee_Bukhari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2013, 08:43
Mark in Essex
Forum Member

it all depends to be honest. O2 and Vodafone are known to have very poor 3G though.

You can test out with another networks PAYG sim card (O2, Three, T-Mobile) to see if there is improvement if you're not in a contract and if its better port your number over.
For me the main use of a mobile phone is the phone function though and it's not much use without any reception.

Totally agree that their 3G is crap and even when you have JSDPA+ signal the speed is not even usually a 3rd of the speed of Three and T-Mobile etc.
Mark in Essex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2013, 09:27
KieranDS
Forum Member

There is never a definitive answer with these sorts of questions.

Vodafone offer me the best signal in the place I live and the places that I often go to. I've also never had an issue with them when I've traveled from these places. However, other's find them to be appalling. It's swings and roundabouts.
KieranDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2013, 22:43
Kenny Maclean
Forum Member

I've never had a problem with Vodafone's signal (even in remote parts of Scotland when I visit family).

Their 3G on the other hand is dreadful in central London (which is why I switched to their 4G service which is fantastic).

However, as I need to be contactable by phone at all times, I have stuck with them as their call coverage is so good.
Kenny Maclean is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2013, 06:46
Steven L Hunter
Forum Member

I know at times if parts of the network were down or they were working on certain masts it went really bad maybe that's what the issue is just now? I know it happened to me a few months back.
Steven L Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2013, 09:08
heskethbang
Forum Member

2G wise, vodafone are fine. Otherwise you will definitely find them lacking compared to EE and 3. Just take a look at the Rootmetrics surveys
heskethbang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2013, 13:35
Lee_Vodafone
Forum Member

Is Vodafone the worst network for reception? I hardly seem to get a reception in certain places. Other people on the network in the area have the same issues....
Hi p-gibson,

So we can help you further with this I'd recommend following the troubleshooting steps on our eForum here.

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations

Vodafone UK
Lee_Vodafone is offline   Reply With Quote