Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Selena Gomez ‘beds Union J’s George Shelley’

Old 16-09-2013, 10:23
Big Boy Barry
Forum Member

Does anyone other than our bizarrely archaic gutter press use expressions like "so and so BEDS so and so" anymore?
Nope

The press are also the only people who use "torrid" and "romp" and "love nest" and all the other moronic hack terms that these wastes of human life get paid to write.
Big Boy Barry is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 16-09-2013, 10:52
Zora
Forum Member

Nope

The press are also the only people who use "torrid" and "romp" and "love nest" and all the other moronic hack terms that these wastes of human life get paid to write.
They also use words like "tot"...my question is why!
Zora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2013, 10:54
FusionFury
Forum Member

The surprise was the article made out that Selena had made a bee-line for him it's normally the other way around.. men want a shag with the girl.
FusionFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2013, 13:05
wilehelmas
Forum Member

I see the drive to straight GS up has begun.

You people should have seen his early days tweets! Lol.
wilehelmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2013, 14:28
fruitloop27
Forum Member

Oh please, he looks like he'd barely know what to do. He resembles a rabbit in headlights most of the time.
fruitloop27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2013, 14:32
grimtales1
Forum Member

She is pretty, but she does look young
grimtales1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2013, 15:37
rickster1995
Forum Member

I see the drive to straight GS up has begun.

You people should have seen his early days tweets! Lol.
what were they like haha? tbh i don't think he's gay just abit soft!
rickster1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2013, 16:18
asyousay
Forum Member

George makes Justin bieber look butch and that's saying something .
asyousay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2013, 20:12
grimtales1
Forum Member

Lol! :d
grimtales1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2013, 03:19
SuperAPJ
Forum Member

Does anyone other than our bizarrely archaic gutter press use expressions like "so and so BEDS so and so" anymore?
The press are also the only people who use "torrid" and "romp" and "love nest"
Something like this:

SELENA GOMEZ BEDS GEORGE SHELLEY
Teen idol enjoys steamy romps with Union J hearthrob at secluded love nest
SuperAPJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2013, 12:56
wilehelmas
Forum Member

what were they like haha? tbh i don't think he's gay just abit soft!
Erm, well just a reminder that 'gay' doesn't always equal 'soft'. Misconception. Gay soldiers fight and die, in wars too.

If it was him and not some parody account (we're going back to v. early, maybe before, X Factor when whoever it was called himself 'Jorge' on Twitter) - I still can't post it. It's long deleted but what I saw, 'he' definitely liked, or made out 'he' liked manflesh.

He's very young and probably still finding his feet, who knows who he is or will be, that's for him to decide. Seems a lovely boy, regardless.

Incidentally though, the Daily Fail (surprise!) tried to beard/closet bandmate Jaymi Hensley at the very first oppo by playing him off as a 'ladies man' when out clubbing. Utterly hilarious. Then he came out and the Fail went quiet when the PR cheques stopped coming in.
Old 18-09-2013, 12:04
phil solo
Forum Member

Record Company Boss: "Union J aren't making as big a splash in the US as One Direction. What can we do about that?"

Record Company Publicist: "I have an idea that might help"

phil solo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2013, 12:16
wilehelmas
Forum Member

Record Company Boss: "Union J aren't making as big a splash in the US as One Direction. What can we do about that?"

We have a winner. #joint-1st prize.
Old 18-09-2013, 12:17
wilehelmas
Forum Member

Nope

We have a winner #joint-1st prize.

No truer words.
Old 18-09-2013, 12:26
zx50
Forum Member

One Direction really are lucky to have been 'accepted' by the younger generation. A load of fans stick with them, just as most of the people worldwide buy the Coca Cola drink (or any drink that's been made by the Coca Cola company). No matter which boy band gets put together again, I don't think they'll be anywhere near as popular as One Direction are at the minute. One Direction are dominating the boy band market.
zx50 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2013, 13:11
wilehelmas
Forum Member

Sex, or more likely the mere implication of sex, sells more than anything else in our Skype-wanking, internet-crazed world. Have we all forgotten how Kim Kardashian (who is now everywhere) made her initial mark? Rebecca Loos? Paris Hilton, etc?

Both Selena and George can laugh it off as being a stupid gossip story, 'oh it didn't happen, lol' and there's a story also running with a bandmate saying 'nothing untoward happened'. So it undoes some 'damage' for the fangirls booing into their cornflakes BUT it defo. gets George Shelley/Union J as a brand, onto a bigger radar.

Think Harry Styles marketing and then see the pattern that could be forming. It's sad. I hoped they'd avoid going down this route and focus on their music.

http://www.entertainmentwise.com/new...-Just-Friends-
Old 18-09-2013, 18:17
MTUK1
Forum Member

Obviously nonsense

He's probably gay, but even if he isn't it'll simply be to up their exposure
If course he is gay. Every good looking famous man is gay according to the digital spy forums.
MTUK1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2013, 18:19
MTUK1
Forum Member

They're not making any splash in the Us whatsoever. And their first single lasted 3 weeks in the UK top 40. They need to make a splash here first.
MTUK1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2013, 18:24
zx50
Forum Member

Sex, or more likely the mere implication of sex, sells more than anything else in our Skype-wanking, internet-crazed world. Have we all forgotten how Kim Kardashian (who is now everywhere) made her initial mark? Rebecca Loos? Paris Hilton, etc?

Both Selena and George can laugh it off as being a stupid gossip story, 'oh it didn't happen, lol' and there's a story also running with a bandmate saying 'nothing untoward happened'. So it undoes some 'damage' for the fangirls booing into their cornflakes BUT it defo. gets George Shelley/Union J as a brand, onto a bigger radar.

Think Harry Styles marketing and then see the pattern that could be forming. It's sad. I hoped they'd avoid going down this route and focus on their music.

http://www.entertainmentwise.com/new...-Just-Friends-
I thought it was the other one she was rumoured to have been dating? The one with the tidier looking hairstyle.
zx50 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2013, 12:25
Jason100
Forum Member

I wonder if Selena had 'Come and Get It' playing in the background?
Jason100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2013, 12:35
wilehelmas
Forum Member

I thought it was the other one she was rumoured to have been dating? The one with the tidier looking hairstyle.
I can't keep tabs on all this! Lol. The magazines will have them all fantasy-dating one another no doubt. Isn't that usually the way?

So yes, there's a stellar chance Selena will in fact be 'dating', that other bloke too. Or maybe the other one.
Old 19-09-2013, 17:07
phil solo
Forum Member

the benefit of this sort of publicity arrangement for Selena is that it moves the attention on from the "Is she still banging that Canadian baby?" stories which become more damaging for her by association as his antics sink his reputation further into the dirt.

In that context a "moving on" story is quite helpful to her and being linked (however tenuously) with a well known (ex-)Disney (ex-)tweener is all good publicity for a boyband wishing to announce themselves to the US.

Truly a match made in Marketing
phil solo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2013, 12:44
wilehelmas
Forum Member

the benefit of this sort of publicity arrangement for Selena is that it moves the attention on from the "Is she still banging that Canadian baby?" stories which become more damaging for her by association as his antics sink his reputation further into the dirt.

In that context a "moving on" story is quite helpful to her and being linked (however tenuously) with a well known (ex-)Disney (ex-)tweener is all good publicity for a boyband wishing to announce themselves to the US.

Truly a match made in Marketing
Yep. It's all been nicely bagged up and denied now. Selena (as per today's baffling PR standards) looks 'sexy', 'confident' and 'independent' of Justin (the girl that can get who/what she wants), George gets on the radar as a budding lothario and Union J in general get a free US promo, based on, not much of anything apparently.

In general in entertainment, truth is a mystery killer, so it gets layered with lots of smoke so that all parties get a scoop (if no outright clear winner).
Old 20-09-2013, 14:13
paperplanes_
Forum Member

Fairly creepy. They both look about 16.
paperplanes_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2013, 14:23
denial_orstupid
Forum Member

My teenage daughters knew George before X Factor when he was working at Starbucks in our town - he had a girlfriend then and was always chatting up other girls. He's not gay
thats awful , having a girlfriend and chatting up other girls . if any of that were true of course
denial_orstupid is offline   Reply With Quote