Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

alan carr- how long untill he has stateside success?

Old 20-09-2013, 20:21
pfgpowell
Forum Member

The majority of his guests that are from america love him and mention his name to other high profile celebs who want to appear on his show.

He gets all the big names, just recently he hsd miley cyrus on weeks after the vma performance. Graham norton got his own show over there abd was pretty successful.

How long till alan Carr gets poached and becomes the next big thin
I don't think he will ever have Stateside success. What has he to offer America which several hundred other homegrown comics can't offer? Nothing, really. Also they are not half as in love with the camp character (Julian Clary, John Inman, Larry, Grayson, Frankie Howerd) as the Brits - it's a music hall thing. And the Yanks aren't half as relaxed about it all as we are - and the Bible belt and the Mid-West are a big 'market'.

As for Carr 'getting all the big names', it's business, love. They only appear to plug their latest film, DVD, CD or whatever and Carr happens to be in the chair interviewing them. The do the rounds and it is all choreographed and scripted, almost down to the 'ad libs'. Sorry to shatter the dream but someone had to.
pfgpowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 21-09-2013, 05:20
tommytiger
Inactive Member

I think it would have happened by now, so I doubt it ever will. British TV is full of quirky, eccentric presenters and chat show hosts, they wouldn't work as well in the US who like their presenters to play it straight and look like catalogue models. My husband is American and we had a conversation about it the other day, he's an Anglophile and loves British TV, but he did ask me why were most British TV presenters a bit odd. Haha.
tommytiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2013, 10:41
loonattic
Forum Member

Never

He's annoying & unfunny
well said.theres a few other things i'd like to say about him but they would probably be deleted.
loonattic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2013, 10:44
loonattic
Forum Member

Hopefully soon OP. Then he can **** off our screens and stay there.
haha,nice one.
loonattic is offline   Reply With Quote