Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Best place to preorder ps4

Old 20-09-2013, 18:44
-Batman-
Forum Member

What's the best place to preorder a ps4 in the uk
-Batman- is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 20-09-2013, 18:55
Vashetti
Forum Member

Just in case you weren't aware, you won't get one for launch now if you pre-order.

The cut-off date was last month as the demand is so high.
Vashetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2013, 19:15
-Batman-
Forum Member

launch day doesnt bother me but would like it before xmas.
there doesnt seem to be many bundles out there at the moment
Old 20-09-2013, 19:32
TechnoGeek
Forum Member

Join the que on launch day that"s your best hope, others will do the same but get there early on the night
TechnoGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2013, 19:55
Dan27
Forum Member

What's the best place to preorder a ps4 in the uk
You're about 3 months too late for that.
Dan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2013, 20:39
homer2012
Forum Member

John lewis in store
homer2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2013, 23:14
D3XT3R
Forum Member

Smyths toy shop if you have one nearby
D3XT3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2013, 14:19
TechnoGeek
Forum Member

If i cant get the PS4 on launch night/m/ing i will get the XboxOne, Sony know demand is high & they still have 10 weeks to tell there factories to increase output. I would probaly have got an Xboxone early nxt yr anyway
Old 21-09-2013, 14:23
chopoff
Forum Member

If i cant get the PS4 on launch night/m/ing i will get the XboxOne, Sony know demand is high & they still have 10 weeks to tell there factories to increase output. I would probaly have got an Xboxone early nxt yr anyway
Do you honestly think that they're not running at full capacity?

They'll be maxing out like crazy right now for months to come.

Both parties have said they'll be selling every console they'll possibly be able to make this year.
chopoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2013, 16:18
steven123
Forum Member

I find it interesting that people are suggesting trying to get one at launch instead of pre ordering, not saying that's wrong, just a little surprising, as I thought even entering the queue late would have been better than chancing one at launch, unless you are prepared to queue all night outside a shop, which IMO is nuts.

I pre-ordered a couple of weeks ago, wasn't going to as I still have loads of great current gen games to play, and still think this generation has loads to offer but I came across a good pre-order deal so decided to pre-order (at Zavvi). Not bothered about launch day but would really like to see it this year as I've pre ordered a game for it too (NFS: Rivals) and if the console doesn't come for months the game will just be sitting there depreciating in value and annoying me because I can't play it.
steven123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2013, 17:01
-Batman-
Forum Member

Order placed at Game hopefully will get it before Xmas for the kids.
Old 21-09-2013, 17:52
Vashetti
Forum Member

Why settle for the inferior product?
Vashetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2013, 18:27
TechnoGeek
Forum Member

The PS4 is with out doubt the better console, but i always intended to get both, as with my PS3 & Xbox 360.
Old 21-09-2013, 18:32
chopoff
Forum Member

I find it interesting that people are suggesting trying to get one at launch instead of pre ordering, not saying that's wrong, just a little surprising, as I thought even entering the queue late would have been better than chancing one at launch, unless you are prepared to queue all night outside a shop, which IMO is nuts.

I pre-ordered a couple of weeks ago, wasn't going to as I still have loads of great current gen games to play, and still think this generation has loads to offer but I came across a good pre-order deal so decided to pre-order (at Zavvi). Not bothered about launch day but would really like to see it this year as I've pre ordered a game for it too (NFS: Rivals) and if the console doesn't come for months the game will just be sitting there depreciating in value and annoying me because I can't play it.
They are keeping stock aside for retail stores at launch.

But really you'd be best to pre-order somewhere that doesn't require a deposit and is easy to cancel so you join the queue and then if that isn't going to materialise then try your luck on launch day in a store.
chopoff is offline   Reply With Quote