Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Wrecking Ball Release Date?

Old 22-09-2013, 00:04
Master Ozzy
Forum Member

When is it released in the UK? I notice that it went to number 1 in the U.S, so will be interesting to see how it does over here.
Master Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 22-09-2013, 00:13
scratchy23
Forum Member

I imagine it'll just be released with the album, like how 'Best Thing I Never Had' was with Beyonce's 4 album.
scratchy23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2013, 08:31
PhilH36
Forum Member

Excuse my ignorance but the OP doesn't mention an artist! Who are we talking about here?

Edit: Just done a google search and the first name that comes up is Miley Cyrus so I assume that's the answer. Albeit Emmylou Harris made an album called Wrecking Ball, Bruce Springsteen made an album called Wrecking Ball, bit pompous of the OP to assume that everyone will know who they're talking about just from a title in my opinion.
PhilH36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2013, 09:44
Seanie(:
Forum Member

Excuse my ignorance but the OP doesn't mention an artist! Who are we talking about here?

Edit: Just done a google search and the first name that comes up is Miley Cyrus so I assume that's the answer. Albeit Emmylou Harris made an album called Wrecking Ball, Bruce Springsteen made an album called Wrecking Ball, bit pompous of the OP to assume that everyone will know who they're talking about just from a title in my opinion.
Talk about an overreaction!
Seanie(: is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2013, 10:24
thewaywardbus
Forum Member

Presumably as the OP asked when IS rather than when WAS it is quite easy to assume that it is something new that is being talked about and not an old album or old song.

However I do agree that maybe people need to put more information in their posts
thewaywardbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2013, 10:38
Fred E Star
Inactive Member

As the Wrecking Ball video has been in the news recently and has been the subject of a lot of online interest it was fairly obvious what the post referenced.
Fred E Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2013, 11:13
I IZ Ghetto
Forum Member

Pompous? SMH
I IZ Ghetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2013, 11:24
Lewnaticc
Forum Member

I Came Here Like A Wrecking Baaaaaaaaaaalll
Lewnaticc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2013, 12:05
PhilH36
Forum Member

Ok, point taken that he said IS rather than WAS but still disagree that everyone should automatically know what he's talking about when given minimal information.
PhilH36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2013, 12:15
I IZ Ghetto
Forum Member

Ok, point taken that he said IS rather than WAS but still disagree that everyone should automatically know what he's talking about when given minimal information.
The majority of threads are about pop music in one way or another, so obviously to an extent you'd be expected to know what's happening in pop.
I IZ Ghetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2013, 12:23
Dizagaox
Forum Member

Considering its the 2nd biggest song in the world right now on the Worldwide chart, the OP just assumed we're all clued in just a little bit.
Dizagaox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2013, 12:26
abarthman
Forum Member

That's the one where the former Disney show presenter runs about in her knickers and vest and then gets naked on the wrecking ball, isn't it?

See that? I know next to nothing about modern pop music, but I knew about that video!
abarthman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2013, 12:59
LandslideBrad
Forum Member

I'm assuming the week before the album releases (Sept 30th) or we'll just have to cherry pick it from the album that comes out Oct 7th.
LandslideBrad is offline   Reply With Quote