Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

iPad shipping with iOS7

Old 22-09-2013, 15:32
jarryhack
Forum Member

I've just treat myself to a shiny new iPad Mini , I've ordered from my sister's 'catalogue' (online versions now!). Will they have it a while and so will it have iOS6 on or will it automatically have iOS7 on. I'm not too sure how these things work.
jarryhack is online now   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 22-09-2013, 16:03
Mr. Cool
Inactive Member

It depends on whether or not it was manufactured before or after a certain date. I'd say at the moment all inventory will have iOS 6 installed. Doesn't really matter though. Just update it as soon as it's out of the box.
Mr. Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2013, 16:08
jarryhack
Forum Member

It depends on whether or not it was manufactured before or after a certain date. I'd say at the moment all inventory will have iOS 6 installed. Doesn't really matter though. Just update it as soon as it's out of the box.
Ok thanks for your reply
Old 22-09-2013, 16:40
BeethovensPiano
Forum Member

There is likely to be a new model in a couple of weeks time.
BeethovensPiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2013, 17:59
jarryhack
Forum Member

I'm not bothered about that, wanted it for going away in a couple of weeks.
Old 22-09-2013, 18:01
jarryhack
Forum Member

Do you think it is worth waiting until there is an update to iOS7 before updated the iPad, just reading a lot of hicupps with it??
Old 22-09-2013, 18:35
Mr. Cool
Inactive Member

Do you think it is worth waiting until there is an update to iOS7 before updated the iPad, just reading a lot of hicupps with it??
The problems were more related to Apple's servers (due to a high volume of traffic).

Or you could opt for an Android tablet
Mr. Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2013, 19:34
jarryhack
Forum Member

No I have tried both out and want the iPad, I have an Android phone which I love though Thanks I will just update it when I get it then.
Old 23-09-2013, 09:48
paulj48
Forum Member

There is likely to be a new model in a couple of weeks time.
will probably be more like 2 months until they become available to buy.
paulj48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2013, 12:55
pumazooma
Forum Member

will probably be more like 2 months until they become available to buy.
The current heavily backed best guestimate is the 15th Oct for an announcement which, going by normal Apple delivery times, would mean you can order on the 18th with delivery around 7-10 days later.
pumazooma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2013, 22:36
Rodney McKay
Forum Member

I've just treat myself to a shiny new iPad Mini , I've ordered from my sister's 'catalogue' (online versions now!). Will they have it a while and so will it have iOS6 on or will it automatically have iOS7 on. I'm not too sure how these things work.
You might want to think about updating it to iOS7, the iPad mini is basiclly an iPad2 and some people are reporting performance issues with iOS7.

You won't get all the bells and whistles either. I'm leaving my iPad 2 on iOS6 which wors just fine.
Rodney McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2013, 17:14
jarryhack
Forum Member

You might want to think about updating it to iOS7, the iPad mini is basiclly an iPad2 and some people are reporting performance issues with iOS7.

You won't get all the bells and whistles either. I'm leaving my iPad 2 on iOS6 which wors just fine.
I didn't try the io6, I updated it straight out go the box, as I have no frame of reference I haven't had any issues (yet!). Loving the Mini.
Old 25-09-2013, 23:06
Anika Hanson
Forum Member

You get everything except the filters.
Anika Hanson is offline   Reply With Quote