Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Looking For A Combo freesat-Freeview PC.Tv Card

Old 24-09-2013, 03:00
Arfer Daley
Forum Member

hi folks hope this is the correct section
ive been looking for over a week now to update and upgrade my tv tuner card with a combo card I have both a satellite feed and OTA rooftop Ariel ready too plug in to
at present I am using a dual OTA tv card A TBS6280 great little card works like a dream but as we all know tv has moved on and I would like too be able too record both freeview and now also free-sat satellite tv on to my pc can anyone recommend a combo card does anyone here use one would love too hear your comments please
also what the epg is like thru windows 7 freeview is good a little worried about freesat !! I here its only now and next
my system is w764bit running thru windows media center
thanks for reading this post
I fancy the BLACKGOLD BGT3635 but cant find any feedback from users yet I am thinking might have to bite the bullet and jump in any thoughts would love too hear from you thanks again for reading
Arfer Daley is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 24-09-2013, 08:28
Stig
Forum Member

hi folks hope this is the correct section
ive been looking for over a week now to update and upgrade my tv tuner card with a combo card I have both a satellite feed and OTA rooftop Ariel ready too plug in to
at present I am using a dual OTA tv card A TBS6280 great little card works like a dream but as we all know tv has moved on and I would like too be able too record both freeview and now also free-sat satellite tv on to my pc can anyone recommend a combo card does anyone here use one would love too hear your comments please
also what the epg is like thru windows 7 freeview is good a little worried about freesat !! I here its only now and next
my system is w764bit running thru windows media center
thanks for reading this post
I fancy the BLACKGOLD BGT3635 but cant find any feedback from users yet I am thinking might have to bite the bullet and jump in any thoughts would love too hear from you thanks again for reading
You might have been better posting in the PC section.

Anyhow, you need a DVB-T2 and DVB-S2 card, presuming you want HD.

BlackGold and TBS are the brands to look for. Hauppauge used to be OK, but they seem to have lost the plot.

I use Windows 7 Media Center for both Freeview and freesat. Both work OK, and I get a full 14 day EPG for both.

Lots of good advice here:
http://www.avforums.com/forums/home-...ent-computers/
Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2013, 12:29
Mr Dos
Forum Member

re Blackgold cards - I bought a couple of freeview only Blackgold cards when HD first arrived (they were the only HD cards at the time). I think they were BGT3620 dual and BGT3650 quad. Whilst both give a good picture, they tend to lose tuners ie I now have a single tuner pc and a 3 tuner pc. Re-tuning Windows Media center (on Windows 7 Ultimate x64) sometimes fixes this, but the problem returns. Other customers have reported similar experiences.

I don't know if this bug has been fixed, but I'd say avoid Blackgold.
Mr Dos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2013, 15:08
Arfer Daley
Forum Member

thanks for your repiles sorry for posting in the wrong section as I said I was not sure where too post this can a mod move too correct location please sorry once again
and thanks for your help so far food for thought my TBS 6280 has worked faultless for a year now on win7 64Bit just thought I would move a little further forward
thanks again
Arfer Daley is offline   Reply With Quote