Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

A request to the Mods

Old 24-09-2013, 10:21
BeethovensPiano
Forum Member

Why oh why can we not have seperate Android and iOS sub forums. The blatant trolling on both parts makes this forum a joke.
BeethovensPiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 24-09-2013, 10:21
konebyvax
Forum Member

not true
konebyvax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2013, 10:24
chenks
Forum Member

Why oh why can we not have seperate Android and iOS sub forums. The blatant trolling on both parts makes this forum a joke.
and why do you think having separate forums would stop trolling ?
chenks is online now Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2013, 10:37
sancheeez
Forum Member

this
sancheeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2013, 10:50
paulbrock
Forum Member

did the mean Android boys spoil the 9 million 'sales' news?
paulbrock is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2013, 11:16
klendathu
Forum Member

It's the modern day version of my Dad's tougher than your Dad
klendathu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2013, 11:24
davethorp
Forum Member

Providing the people concerned with tape measures so they can have at it and settle this once and for all would probably be simpler

And to be honest it isn't just iOS vs Android that is the issue. There are frequent O2 vs 3 threads or the like too that are just as bad
davethorp is online now Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2013, 13:11
calico_pie
Forum Member

Its not so much iOS vs Android.

Its more "People who buy iPhones are idiots who don't know any better" vs "No they're not".

I know one thing though - if there were two forums, there would be more people weighing in to one than the other.
calico_pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2013, 13:12
alan1302
Forum Member

Wouldn't make a diffeernce.
alan1302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2013, 13:23
xreyuk123
Forum Member

We should have an iOS one, but not an Android one. iOS is by far the better OS and deserves it's own forum.

/Troll

xreyuk123 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2013, 13:57
Fried Kickin
Forum Member

Can we have a waterproof phones forum too please?

Fried Kickin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2013, 14:08
paulbrock
Forum Member

Maybe we should follow the big brother subforum rules and have appreciation threads, where it is (genuinely) against the t&cs to post negative stuff . /s
paulbrock is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2013, 14:08
TescoJeans
Forum Member

Separating the audience into different parts is pointless. It's always better to have a big place to discuss matters instead of adding a partition.
TescoJeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2013, 14:13
IvanIV
Forum Member

I think mods prefer to be contacted directly via a contact form rather than being addressed publicly with forum posts.
IvanIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2013, 14:58
klendathu
Forum Member

I think mods prefer to be contacted directly via a contact form rather than being addressed publicly with forum posts.
No shit
klendathu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2013, 15:44
Dan Sette
Forum Member

Separating the audience into different parts is pointless. It's always better to have a big place to discuss matters instead of adding a partition.
Not necessarily. Oftentimes you come onto the forum to ask for help with a feature (especially when a new OS is released - be it IOS or Android) the thread rapidly becomes bogged down with "if you'd have bought X Y Z" or "What, it doesn't do THAT, mine has since King Arthur was on the throne" type comments.

If they were seperate, at least if a fan of an oposing OS comes on slating it off you know they are definitley a troll.
Dan Sette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2013, 16:31
My name's Scott
Forum Member

I love that passionate people with opposing opinions are branded 'trolls' these days get a grip people
My name's Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2013, 16:41
Dan Sette
Forum Member

I love that passionate people with opposing opinions are branded 'trolls' these days get a grip people
I enjoy a debate (and am quite happy to get involved in one) as long as it is constructive.

However, read some of the latest posts - where people who have chosen the "wrong" system are branded morons - to discover that sometimes the debate runs beyond passion.

Also, in a thread asking for help or assistance, a "passionate" response about an oposing system is unhelpful and merely clutters up the thread.

Yes, when that happens I do walk away, but that is a shame for the requester of assistance. Rather like rights v responsibility there should be passion v manners.
Dan Sette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2013, 17:05
finbaar
Forum Member

A separate sub forum for OS."wars" would be good. That way if you want to laugh at the folk who paid top whack for a phone with a tiny low resolution screen that won't let you change the keyboard you know where to go.

I am all for keeping the main section free from the Apple fan boy trolling.
finbaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2013, 17:09
JasonWatkins
Forum Member

Having grown up with the Sega -v- Nintendo, Commodore -v- Spectrum and various other "wars", I doubt i'll ever understand the notion behind it.

I've had android phones all the way up to a galaxy s3 and now i've got an iPhone 4s that i'm completely happy with. I'm not about to take 'sides' over it ..
JasonWatkins is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2013, 17:18
grumpyoldbat
Forum Member

Not going to happen. If you separate the groups, the number of posts drops. This is the Digital Spy forum, it's like the Monty Python 5 argument room!
grumpyoldbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2013, 17:35
Everything Goes
Forum Member

Well you hardly ever contribute any posts to this forum and maybe you are just not used to it and I suggest you avoid the Politics forum too
Everything Goes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2013, 18:39
big brother 9
Forum Member

It's the modern day version of my Dad's tougher than your Dad
And after the new ios7 update its now a case of my dads better than your dad but he copies everything your dad does.
big brother 9 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2013, 20:31
alan1302
Forum Member

Passionate people don't get called trolls....only idiots do...say if someone calls someone a fool just because they like iOS or Android which differs from your own a opinion...that's a troll.
Old 24-09-2013, 20:33
alan1302
Forum Member

Having grown up with the Sega -v- Nintendo, Commodore -v- Spectrum and various other "wars", I doubt i'll ever understand the notion behind it.

I've had android phones all the way up to a galaxy s3 and now i've got an iPhone 4s that i'm completely happy with. I'm not about to take 'sides' over it ..
I'm the same - never understood. I like what I like and other people like what they like.

Maybe it comes from having a Commodore and a Spectrum?