Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Help finding song

Old 28-09-2013, 00:39
Harry.Kewell
Forum Member

Hi, this may seem a little odd, but I'm trying to find a song and can't work out who sings it from the lyrics I can remember from th song. It kinda sounds like mariah carey singing towards the end, although I don;t think it is her, and the lyrics sounds a little like "no more waiting no more hiding" and the word waiting is very drawn out when sung. Any body have any ideas who it could be?

many thanks
Harry.Kewell is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 28-09-2013, 00:47
gpk
Forum Member

long shot, but is it this?
gpk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2013, 01:08
Harry.Kewell
Forum Member

No not that. That's what I came up with when I searched for it too. The words waiting and hiding could be wrong, but thats what they sounded like. it kinda went like "no more waiiiiiiii-aiii--aiii-tinggggg" if that makes sense.
Old 28-09-2013, 01:36
gpk
Forum Member

No not that. That's what I came up with when I searched for it too. The words waiting and hiding could be wrong, but thats what they sounded like. it kinda went like "no more waiiiiiiii-aiii--aiii-tinggggg" if that makes sense.
i am stumped. the only other song i can think of from a female vocalist with the word waiting prominent towards the end of the song is "whispering your name" by alison moyet, but it doesn't sound like its that song from your description.
Old 28-09-2013, 01:51
Harry.Kewell
Forum Member

Yeah it's not that one either, Its quite a soft pop folk sounding song. with prominent vocals, which really sounded like mariah carey in the way she used to ad lib.
Old 28-09-2013, 02:07
gpk
Forum Member

i give up. i don't suppose it could be adele's "i'll be waiting".
Old 28-09-2013, 03:17
Musick1
Forum Member

Hi, this may seem a little odd, but I'm trying to find a song and can't work out who sings it from the lyrics I can remember from th song. It kinda sounds like mariah carey singing towards the end, although I don;t think it is her, and the lyrics sounds a little like "no more waiting no more hiding" and the word waiting is very drawn out when sung. Any body have any ideas who it could be?

many thanks
Its a long shot - let me know if this is it or not..

Ariana Grande - The Way
Musick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2013, 12:51
Harry.Kewell
Forum Member

Yeah not that one either I'm afraid. I'll have to see if I hear it again next time im in Morrisons.
Old 02-11-2013, 21:50
Harry.Kewell
Forum Member

Well I finally found out the song today after using shazam when it was on in morrisons today. Just like I half expected the words I thought I heard were completely wrong, but it was a Mariah Carey song so I wasn't miles away. It was Almost home by Mariah Carey.