Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Homeland - Season 3 [ US Pace ]

Old 29-09-2013, 11:52
kylesmith
Forum Member

Homeland airs Season 3 today on the 29th of September.

Can't wait for it to air! Be sure to comment what you think of the episode and discuss upcoming episodes, but make sure you put them in spoiler tags.

Quoted from The Mirror:

It's been a nailbiting few months for Homeland fans but the wait is almost over.

The cliffhanger ending of season 2 left viewers gagging for more as they watched USMC Sergeant Nicholas "Nick" Brody (Damian Lewis) disappear into the night.

The last episode featured the explosion at CIA headquarters during Vice President William Walden's funeral and the next instalment promises to leave viewers gripped again as Brody becomes a wanted man on the run.

It's a rough life for ex-serviceman Brody, who spent many years held captive at the hands of Al-Qaeda.

And it doesn't look like it's about to get any easier, despite former CIA agent Carrie Mathison (Claire Danes) vowing to clear his name.

We're guessing it won't be long before the pair fall into each other's arms and once again rekindle their forbidden love affair.

Either way, season 3 is sure to have us hooked.
kylesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 29-09-2013, 12:46
flagpole
Inactive Member

I hope this series is either good or has more of Morena Baccarin's boobs in it. (or both.)

I fear there is a danger of this show heading from the ridiculous to whatever comes after ridiculous.
flagpole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2013, 15:03
koantemplation
Forum Member

The proper episode (with FX) is out if people don't want to wait till tonight.
koantemplation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2013, 15:27
flagpole
Inactive Member

The proper episode (with FX) is out if people don't want to wait till tonight.
for season 1 i know the free web version of episode 1 was censored.

specifically in the region of Morena Baccarin's boobs.
flagpole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2013, 15:38
koantemplation
Forum Member

for season 1 i know the free web version of episode 1 was censored.

specifically in the region of Morena Baccarin's boobs.
Yes they did that with Dexter this season too.

I haven't watched it yet so can't tell, I just wanted to see the FX bit.
koantemplation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2013, 15:43
Darreninessex
Forum Member

Is there anyway of watching it live from the UK ?

I have a Apple TV and a USA iTunes account if that helps
Darreninessex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2013, 18:24
Parthenon
Forum Member

Looking forward to this.
Parthenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2013, 19:41
bazzaroo
Forum Member

Yay Homeland returns to take away the pain of Breaking Bad ending!
bazzaroo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2013, 19:51
MeddlingMonkey
Forum Member

Is there anyway of watching it live from the UK ?

I have a Apple TV and a USA iTunes account if that helps
Not legally, no. It is already online in various places though. And TV versions normally appear within minutes.

I never bother really, not when C4 shows it a week later. Just my preference though.
MeddlingMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2013, 17:12
Sad_BB_Addict
Forum Member

Showtime Releases the 'Homeland' Season 3 Premiere for Free on Multiple Platforms Now

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...ms-now/205688/

presumably because it had been leaked anyway!
Sad_BB_Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2013, 17:17
tally
Forum Member

I thought it was a good transition from the end of the last series. Only trouble, no Brody. Like others I'm worried that Homeland will become run of the mill and formulaic. I'd rather have 2 brilliant series than keep it past it's sell buy date.
I'm not passing judgement yet, but nice to see Carrie in crazy mode again and making trouble for Saul.
tally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2013, 17:25
feeVerte
Forum Member

I hope this series is either good or has more of Morena Baccarin's boobs in it. (or both.)

I fear there is a danger of this show heading from the ridiculous to whatever comes after ridiculous.
more boobs and more belly

(she is very pregnant)
feeVerte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2013, 17:30
feeVerte
Forum Member

Tally (hi btw remember me?)... s2 was sooooooo bad lets face it they already killed it
For me was written and shot like in a state of panic
they could have had the same story libe stretched for 2 season if that is was the place they wanted to be, but at least more time to develop the side stories they introduce and than imploded
however... hopefully...s3 will have a different pace
still watched and will do the same but very frustrating s2
Old 30-09-2013, 23:38
Kert_Rert
Forum Member

Hey guys,I've just finished my last box of tissues watching breaking bad so I've now decided to crack on with this. Agree with all the comments saying I hope this doesn't start to go downhill now... I'm going to watch s03e01 and then come back and comment. I'll be sure to spoiler tag in case some haven't watched it.
Kert_Rert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:18
Matt D
Forum Member

No need to tag it if the episode you're discussing is one that has been broadcast in the US - this is a US Pace thread
Matt D is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:40
Metal Mickey
Forum Member

Good season opener, and very brave to have no Brody. I liked the interplay between Saul and the F. Murray Abraham character, and seeing Saul sell Carrie down the river was a shock, so combining that with Quinn's squaemishness in killing the child, I'm thinking that "letting your head rule your heart" is going to be the theme for this season...

Mind you, I'm worried that Brody's daughter is going to be even more front-and-centre this season - she's a good actress, but her storylines are just an irritant.
Metal Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:46
feeVerte
Forum Member

Dana's sick joke was the highlight of the episode for me
Old 01-10-2013, 13:01
tom_domutoa
Inactive Member

Dana is obviously getting centre stage this series. Dont the writers and directors realise that she is the weak link in the story and that audiences dont really favour her.....

Same with saul and his 'sleeping next door' woman. Its taxing and i cant wait for them to get off the screen

must say the action sequence was below par for Homeland.
tom_domutoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 13:29
tally
Forum Member

One glaring anomaly. Saul, after he's thrown Carrie under the bus, says he had no idea that she was sexually involved with Brody.
Yes he did. She told him in Series 1.

I hope there's not too much emphasis on Brody's family although it was quite poignant seeing how much his actions have affected them. End of pay/benefits etc as he's a traitor. A little of Dana goes a long way.

Is Saul really playing up Carries' illness as an easier way for her to escape consequences for whisking Brody away? I wish she'd take her meds. Watching her have wild, feral sex with a stranger wasn't half as enjoyable as her and Brody together.

*waves to feeVerte*
Old 01-10-2013, 14:05
tom_domutoa
Inactive Member

One glaring anomaly. Saul, after he's thrown Carrie under the bus, says he had no idea that she was sexually involved with Brody.
Yes he did. She told him in Series 1.

I hope there's not too much emphasis on Brody's family although it was quite poignant seeing how much his actions have affected them. End of pay/benefits etc as he's a traitor. A little of Dana goes a long way.

Is Saul really playing up Carries' illness as an easier way for her to escape consequences for whisking Brody away? I wish she'd take her meds. Watching her have wild, feral sex with a stranger wasn't half as enjoyable as her and Brody together.

*waves to feeVerte*
Not an anamoly. he lied deliberately. he saved his and CIA skin. Thats why she was crying as she realised he betrayed her and she bacame the fall guy.
Old 01-10-2013, 23:33
tally
Forum Member

Not an anamoly. he lied deliberately. he saved his and CIA skin. Thats why she was crying as she realised he betrayed her and she bacame the fall guy.
, Yup. I get your point, but after all they've been through and how Saul's had Carries back through everything, I guess I find it hard that he really has betrayed her. I suppose I expected him to try and find a way to keep her on the CIA ( if it doesn't close) without implicating her out and out.

There's always the Mole thing too. After 2 full seasons we still haen't a clue who it is. Saul's name has been bandied about along with others who are now dead.

There are times I wish it wasn't so convoluted or I wasn't so thick!! But then I wouldn't love it so much.
Old 02-10-2013, 05:41
Parthenon
Forum Member

Wow... Talk about being hung out to dry. Poor Carrie.

I've always liked Saul but that move disappointed me. I've been a little suspicious of him ever since he kinda failed that polygraph, but thought he'd be too obvious to be a double agent/mole. Not so sure now. I quite like Dana too, so don't mind if she's being moved into the limelight. Hoping we'll see more of Quinn too.

It wasn't the most exciting season opener ever, but it was closer to Season 1 (great) in quality than Season 2 (not so great...) in my opinion. I hope it gets better from here.
Parthenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:13
dazzy71
Forum Member

Saul " Carrie let me introduce you to this bus and by the way i'm going throw you under it"

Not sure how this is going to pan out but i was surprised he did that.
dazzy71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:30
tom_domutoa
Inactive Member

So Quinn climbs a wall and then blows a hole through it when he is inside the perimeter.

Why

So he can flush out whoever is inside??? They all got their guns and were alerted.

But he had his magic open all doors keys with him. He could have gone in quietly and done the job as he finally did. All this rubbish of following him in a bike with a bomb ready to be deployed (he stopped because he saw a child, who he killed anyway) and pangs of guilt (was he not intending to use the bomb to kill him in a public place and all the associated deaths).
Old 02-10-2013, 10:08
kylesmith
Forum Member

So Quinn climbs a wall and then blows a hole through it when he is inside the perimeter.

Why

So he can flush out whoever is inside??? They all got their guns and were alerted.

But he had his magic open all doors keys with him. He could have gone in quietly and done the job as he finally did. All this rubbish of following him in a bike with a bomb ready to be deployed (he stopped because he saw a child, who he killed anyway) and pangs of guilt (was he not intending to use the bomb to kill him in a public place and all the associated deaths).
He didn't blow up a wall, he blown up the electric box which cut out the electric. That also created a distraction...
kylesmith is offline   Reply With Quote