Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

How to unblock a port on norton 360 premier

Old 29-09-2013, 16:50
pri
Forum Member

I'm using windows 8 and I'm trying to connect my printer wirelessly but it keeps saying that I need to verify UDP port 427 for both inbound and outbound traffic now I'm new to windows 8 and don't have great knowledge of norton so how do I do this? Please help!
pri is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 29-09-2013, 18:03
mac2708
Forum Member

Try this
http://www.ehow.com/how_6814084_allo...orton-360.html

or try Norton Support or their forums
mac2708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2013, 19:54
pri
Forum Member

Nothing seems to be working it's driving me insane.
pri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2013, 20:11
Johnbee
Forum Member

When you first start up and log in, you will see a start bar at the bottom or side of the screen.

At one end is the start button, at the other end is some stuff, possibly including a clock. There might be some little up pointing chevrons.

Now you are to use your brain and eyes and click the chevrons or some thing about down there, and see a yellow little iconny blob thing. That says Norton's is running.

Right click on it, and choose the option to disable it. There might be several things you can disable in the pop up list when you right click, so right click it again until you reckon you have disabled everything.

Then do whatever you think that Norton's might be preventing. If you still can't do it, Norton's is not what is stopping you and if it now does it OK, you can then enable Norton's again.

If I remember I will try to look here again, so leave a message if it does not work.
Johnbee is offline   Reply With Quote