Options

The Blacklist question - SPOILER ALERT

degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
Forum Member
This is a question about The Blacklist. I've watched the first episode On Demand but it hasn't been aired yet. It airs on Friday.

So I made a seperate thread to ask this question.

SPOILER - SPECULATION ALERT !!!

Surely they can't have made it so that Red is Keen's father?

There were several points in the pilot where it raised it's head.
Also some other things like him leaving his wife and daughter at christmas and her father left her at christmas.
She got into the FBI but they didn't know her father was a criminal?

Have they done it to sucker in people like me who have asked the question?
Is it a bluff? and it's all a red herring (sorry)
Is it a double bluff?

Will it turn out that her father was his mentor or visa versa - or criminal partners.

I just can't belive they would go down the route of such lazy writing if there isn't a twist or two.

and that's only after the pilot :D
What are your thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    MoreTearsMoreTears Posts: 7,025
    Forum Member
    It has been so obvious to everybody that the show points to Red being Elizabeth's father that people are saying that it is not possible the show's producers wouldn't have anticipated people would figure that out right away -- so the producers MUST be setting everybody up to have their expectations subverted in a clever way. That is the rationale I have seen. Or, it could simply be that the producers really do think the audience is stupid and are now saying "Damn! How did everybody guess what's really going on?" So, are the producers smart? Stupid? Or maybe they knew they wouldn't fool anybody and just didn't care.
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really can't believe that they would make him the agent's father. As I said in the main thread, it's the biggest cliche in TV and film. However there must be some link between her, Red and her father.

Then again, who knows where this is going. I was surprised that they revealed that her husband was "bad" so early. If they can keep up the entertainment level of the pilot then I'm prepared to forgive them some silly twists as long as it doesn't take itself too seriously. Let's hope it stays more like the twisty-turny Scandal than The Following which just became dull.
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved the line in episode 2 "You can be my daughter" as a nudge and a wink to the viewers.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    You should have put a spoiler tag on that :D
  • Options
    darnelledarnelle Posts: 9,116
    Forum Member
    it's obvious - this show is about the characterisation it seems, not the plot
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,279
    Forum Member
    I suppose he could be her uncle.