HogzillaHogzilla Posts: 24,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do but I stop at one glass, usually.
  • Options
    Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I could drink a lot of people under the table. I can drink a hell of a lot. I used to be able to go out at 6pm in the evening, come home at 7am in the morning and go straight to work...paraletic or not, I would get through the day no problem. I haven't done that for about 3 years now. I'm 27 soon and the thought of all the things I used to get up to when drunk etc actually shocks me. God knows how I got away with it all. I don't know if I could even go out with work the next day anymore. I go out on Friday/Saturday nights, but nights out in the week are a big no no. I'm shocked I'm even writing this! I used to be able to drink and party until the cows come home, but I hate to say it...I think I may be getting old!!
  • Options
    PrinceOfDenmarkPrinceOfDenmark Posts: 2,761
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    daza1978 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Following the thread I created from Saturday night I'd like to ask how many of you out there will be drinking alcohol tonight? Are you drinking at home, going out or having a meal? Maybe a day off tomorrow?

How many do you plan on having and do you normally drink during the week?

Thanks!

I only drink when encouraged to do so by forum posts such as this
  • Options
    trphiltrphil Posts: 2,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just had to go and get a soft drink as I realised I'd only drunk wine since I got in from work and was slightly thirsty!
  • Options
    RegTheHedgeRegTheHedge Posts: 2,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    paulsh1 wrote: »
    We have a rule of not drinking if we are at work next day.

Every so often we do break it and regret it next day,

One lives life dangerously
  • Options
    GeordiePaulGeordiePaul Posts: 1,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I could drink a lot of people under the table. I can drink a hell of a lot. I used to be able to go out at 6pm in the evening, come home at 7am in the morning and go straight to work...paraletic or not, I would get through the day no problem. I haven't done that for about 3 years now. I'm 27 soon and the thought of all the things I used to get up to when drunk etc actually shocks me. God knows how I got away with it all. I don't know if I could even go out with work the next day anymore. I go out on Friday/Saturday nights, but nights out in the week are a big no no. I'm shocked I'm even writing this! I used to be able to drink and party until the cows come home, but I hate to say it...I think I may be getting old!!

I'm 34 now. I can relate to your post. It (hangovers) only gets worse the more you age.

I've drank a bottle of wine tonight. Probably drink most nights. Feel guilty sometimes but me and Mrs Geordie are both drinkers and encourage each other at times. Fairly difficult and expensive. I know that if I wasn't with her I wouldn't be like this; I'd either be better or a lot worse.

Weekends, they're usually messy.

Weird thing is at 18 I wasn't particularly interested.
  • Options
    TheMunchTheMunch Posts: 9,024
    Forum Member
    I'm having a bottle of pear cider now (only 4.5% VOL). It's the first and last for today, though. It's the last in the box, too, and I don't plan on refilling it until the end of the month.

I don't normally drink during the week unless football is on then I'll go the pub for a drink (especially if it's Liverpool) or have something at home if it's not on too late or if I don't have to get up in the morning (or at all the next day). If I drink it's more likely to be on a Friday. I'm not a heavy drinker (with both number of drinks and strength of the drinks).
  • Options
    hunter23hunter23 Posts: 3,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    just the 1 pint of goose a night. just to help me sleep
  • Options
    dekafdekaf Posts: 8,398
    Forum Member
    Used to drink a lot in my younger days, because I was always out with friends, but never drank on my own.

Haven't had any alcohol now for many years. I don't miss it, and never liked the taste of it anyway.
  • Options
    deans6571deans6571 Posts: 6,137
    Forum Member
    Me and my other half normally have a bottle of wine with our dinner, on a Thursday and Friday (sometimes on Wednesdays too) and on a Saturday, we might have several bottles with our meal and then possibly a couple of spirits later on in the evening whilst watching tv!

Generally have a 'dry night' though on Mondays and Tuesdays....!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Week - a good name for a pub.

Responsibly - a good name for a beer.
  • Options
    JoTaylorJoTaylor Posts: 9,870
    Forum Member
    TheMunch wrote: »
    I'm having a bottle of pear cider now (only 4.5% VOL). It's the first and last for today, though. It's the last in the box, too, and I don't plan on refilling it until the end of the month.I don't normally drink during the week unless football is on then I'll go the pub for a drink (especially if it's Liverpool) or have something at home if it's not on too late or if I don't have to get up in the morning (or at all the next day). If I drink it's more likely to be on a Friday. I'm not a heavy drinker (with both number of drinks and strength of the drinks).

Tesco special offer started yesterday - 3 packs for £21 on lager/cider and bitter....go on get some!! :D

Same here though - I'll drink in the week if Utd are playing and normally on a Friday & Saturday cos I've got no work the day after.
  • Options
    Jambo_cJambo_c Posts: 4,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always drink on a Monday night at the pub quiz. I don't get drunk though, I only have 4 pints.

I never drink in the house if I'm at work the next day. If I go out to watch footy or for a meal I'll have a drink though.
  • Options
    deans6571deans6571 Posts: 6,137
    Forum Member
    Jambo_c wrote: »
    I always drink on a Monday night at the pub quiz. I don't get drunk though, I only have 4 pints.

I never drink in the house if I'm at work the next day. If I go out to watch footy or for a meal I'll have a drink though.

....are you joking or being serious?!

I'de be drunk if I had 4 pints..!!!!!:o
  • Options
    PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My husband and I both enjoy a drink, but about a year ago we cut back for both health and pocket reasons.

We would drink about 3 drinks each per night, so that would be 3 large glasses of wine for me. I never felt drunk though, I was kind of immune.

Anyway, we sat and worked out how much we were spending on alcohol, and we decided to have one drink every night and water up to that point. So - thats what we do. I think we worked out it was a saving of about £200/month.
  • Options
    littlebootieslittlebooties Posts: 2,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't drink during the week or at weekends. I've just sort of gone off it. Occasionally if I'm at a wedding or something I'll have a glass of fizz to do the toasts with but other than that I'm just not interested anymore.

I prefer an ice cold diet coke or a Fentimans Rose Lemonade, mmmmm.
  • Options
    RickyBarbyRickyBarby Posts: 5,902
    Forum Member
    daza1978 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Following the thread I created from Saturday night I'd like to ask how many of you out there will be drinking alcohol tonight? Are you drinking at home, going out or having a meal? Maybe a day off tomorrow?

How many do you plan on having and do you normally drink during the week?

Thanks!

sometimes yes mostly no I save most it to the weekend.

the only time I drink a lot in the week is my birthday xmas or new years.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    deans6571 wrote: »

No, I'm being serious, I can barely tell I've had 4 pints. My wife normally has the same and we're both fine.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd love to. Sadly I can't here. Although I have lost some weight and hangovers are a thing of the past so not all bad.
  • Options
    radcliffe95radcliffe95 Posts: 4,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Drink a few cans every night, helps me to unwind. I'm that used to it now, I suffer no adverse effects.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Might have a couple of beers in the evening, yes.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    Sometimes although I am a Uni student...I don't drink the day before lecturer, because I'd probably end up too tired and over sleep for lecturers.
  • Options
    ChoccyCaroleChoccyCarole Posts: 8,867
    Forum Member
    I am not really a big drinker
    Will have one or two drinks sometimes if go out for and evening meal or special occassions

but maybe at 2-3 monthly intervals I may have some of the bottles Dino Pino with bags of Cheesy wotsits at home~that my sister bought for me~quite recently
    Each bottle can last me a few weeks
  • Options
    hunter23hunter23 Posts: 3,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    deans6571 wrote: »

you must be a very small female
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sometimes although I am a Uni student...I don't drink the day before lecturer, because I'd probably end up too tired and over sleep for lecturers.

:confused: What? This doesn't compute. When I was at uni albeit 14 years ago we were out nearly every night. I thought that's what people went to uni for.