Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

ITV X Factor contract

Old 04-10-2013, 00:24
Samthefootball
Forum Member

Hi, When does anybody have a idea when we will hear if ITV have signed a new X Factor/BGT contract. Will Simon Cowell return to X Factor or not next year as part of the contract
Samthefootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 04-10-2013, 08:55
EddyEagal
Forum Member

BGT has already been advertised on ITV, promoting the new auditions. This is obviously confirmation that new contracts have been signed for BGT. I personally highly doubt that Simon would sign a contract for BGT if ITV refused to sign X Factor. In other words, while we haven't had any official statement, it looks as though both shows have signed on for at least 2014.
EddyEagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 14:26
bionicfrank
Forum Member

I wonder if cowell and ITV will monitor ratings first? personally I cant see xfactor usa having another season, in which case cowell will surely return?
bionicfrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 21:33
Zone_Out
Forum Member

BGT has already been advertised on ITV, promoting the new auditions. This is obviously confirmation that new contracts have been signed for BGT. I personally highly doubt that Simon would sign a contract for BGT if ITV refused to sign X Factor. In other words, while we haven't had any official statement, it looks as though both shows have signed on for at least 2014.
i agree
Zone_Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 14:37
carolineglasgow
Forum Member

Simon will do what it takes to keep the Saturday prime time slot. As I've said before, XF gives him something priceless - showcasing his up and coming talent with big audiences and guess what, it GIVES him money rather than COST him it.
carolineglasgow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 14:42
gilesb
Forum Member

I wonder if cowell and ITV will monitor ratings first? personally I cant see xfactor usa having another season, in which case cowell will surely return?
Why not? It is consistently above 2.0 which is a good rating and especially good for Fox. They have nothing to replace it with that could achieve that figure at the moment.
gilesb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 14:45
M@nterik
Forum Member

X Factor USA has been a colossal flop.
M@nterik is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 15:47
gilesb
Forum Member

X Factor USA has been a colossal flop.
It depends on what you compare it... yes in terms of comparison to the voice or AI Yes if you compare it to Simons claim of 20 million viewers.

However the viewing figures it gains are not bad.They are probably better than anything else Fox could put on in that time slot at the moment. (Averaging above a 2.0, this is comparable to many other top shows and beating a load more)
gilesb is online now   Reply With Quote