Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy
 

DS Forums

 
 
 

Jade bags recording deal after X Factor rejection


Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-10-2013, 08:28
NicoleRich
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 969


X Factor hopeful Jade Richards has managed to bag an album deal — despite crashing out of the competition at the weekend.

The 23-year-old from Fife was booted off the show at the judges’ houses stage by Nicole Scherzinger on Sunday night.

But the singer has scooped a deal with a Glasgow-based record label, The Boombox, to produce her first album.

Producers at the label have previously worked with global megastars, including Muse, Radiohead and Michael Jackson.

Jade spoke to the Tele about her new album deal.
She said: “Boombox just spotted me on X Factor - and that just shows what a great platform it is to be discovered.

“It was really nice for somebody to take an interest in my music, and we are starting on the album as soon as possible.”

Jade is the first artist to be signed to the new Boombox record label and she is now writing and recording an album at The Boombox studios in Glasgow with some of the UK’s top music producers.

She was snapped up by the label just 24 hours after her final appearance on the show.

It was the singer’s third attempt at the live shows, but despite her disappointment, this round of TV appearances appear to have brought her luck.

Jade said The Boombox’s boss John McLaughlin told her he was keen to work with her, and approached her to ask if she would like to make an album.

Mr McLaughlin has written and produced seven number ones and more than 25 top 10 singles worldwide.

In his 30-year career, he has worked with bands including Busted, Westlife and Blue, and has marketed The Boombox.

John said: “We are going to get an album recorded and we are giving her a proper chance to get things going.

“I wanted to work with her because I’ve seen her sing and met her a few times in the last couple of years, and we get on really well.

“I think that Jade has an amazing voice, and everyone she has met through the X Factor says what an amazing tone she’s got.

“So we thought that we should be working with her and I think she will have a great recording voice.”

Local fans had high hopes that this year’s X Factor would be the one for Jade.

Tributes to her “amazing talent” and messages of support flooded in online over the weekend.

The departure of the Buckhaven star means the only Scottish hopeful left in the competition is 16-year-old Nicholas McDonald.

The girls going through to the live shows, which start this weekend, are Abi Alton, Tamera Foster and Hannah Barrett.
NicoleRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 09-10-2013, 08:49
s_bowes_uk
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 336
Good for her. Honestly the X Factor is mainly only good for one thing - getting noticed. Winning the show leads to being awarded a garbage contract with no longevity via Syco Records. The real winners are the artists who get deals outside of Syco.
s_bowes_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 09:45
daffydi11
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 487
I.M.O that's how you take defeat, jades not bleating on about how she was asked to re-audition or discredit x factor. if the article is a true account she actually says what a good platform is. good for her I hope she does well
daffydi11 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

 
Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 17:28.