Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

IOS 7 location stamp on pictures taken?

Old 10-10-2013, 21:58
Lidtop2013
Forum Member

So pictures you take are supposed to have a location tagged to them when your out and about taking pictures, but i cant see any location or options to view the location that a certain picture was taken?
Lidtop2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 10-10-2013, 22:02
IslandNiles
Forum Member

Photos have always been geotagged.

In iOS 7, open the Photos app and press the Photos tab at the bottom left. Whether you're in Years, Collections or Moments (control this from the top left), you can press on the title to see the map.

So, say you go into Moments. You'll have a selection of photos and above it, a title that says something like 'London and Manchester' and a date range. If you press on that actual text rather than the photos, it'll bring up the map and the location of the photos.
IslandNiles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 22:53
Lidtop2013
Forum Member

I went into photos and clicked photos at the bottom like you said, it brings up my photos and it does show one or two sets of pictures in different locations but on other sets it doesn't show any location, just the day/date.

For example I took two pictures in Birmingham a couple of weeks ago and all it says above is "Friday"? Hmmm
Old 10-10-2013, 23:45
IslandNiles
Forum Member

I went into photos and clicked photos at the bottom like you said, it brings up my photos and it does show one or two sets of pictures in different locations but on other sets it doesn't show any location, just the day/date.

For example I took two pictures in Birmingham a couple of weeks ago and all it says above is "Friday"? Hmmm
Have you got location services switched on for photos?
IslandNiles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 07:14
Lidtop2013
Forum Member

Have you got location services switched on for photos?
I checked it and photos is not even in the list however "camera" is and it was turned off so I put that on, I guess that's probably the reason why. I really thought I had it turned on for everything.

Cheers mate
Old 11-10-2013, 09:05
BKM
Forum Member

So pictures you take are supposed to have a location tagged to them when your out and about taking pictures, but i cant see any location or options to view the location that a certain picture was taken?
You need on of the (many!) EXIF apps to view the data tagging (including geotagging) attached to IOS photos.
BKM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 17:19
Lidtop2013
Forum Member

You need on of the (many!) EXIF apps to view the data tagging (including geotagging) attached to IOS photos.
Cheers for that but the standard infomation that you get on the photos app is all I was after
Old 12-10-2013, 14:46
tdenson
Forum Member

Or indeed, if you happen to have a Mac - double click on the photo in Finder to bring it up in Preview. Go to the Inspector and there is a GPS tab. When you click on that it brings the location up on a map.
tdenson is offline   Reply With Quote