Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

scart ?

Old 13-10-2013, 12:01
hoppy
Forum Member

still use an old sony hd dvd recorder, connected to my sky box, problem is from the recorder, getting sound, but no picture, cld b a prob with scart cable, what do u think ?
hoppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 13-10-2013, 12:11
Nigel Goodwin
Forum Member

still use an old sony hd dvd recorder, connected to my sky box, problem is from the recorder, getting sound, but no picture, cld b a prob with scart cable, what do u think ?
Most probably, or you have a setting wrong on the recorder? - but commonly it's down to a pin being pushed inside one of the SCART plugs.
Nigel Goodwin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2013, 14:41
hoppy
Forum Member

Most probably, or you have a setting wrong on the recorder? - but commonly it's down to a pin being pushed inside one of the SCART plugs.
can the cable be fixed, if not, will need to cut cable, to get it back out the wall, not forward thinking on my part, then i would be looking for a 3 metre scart cable with a detachable end , any ideas wher i can buy this cable , i see 2 and 5 mtre for sale but not 3 mtre ?
Old 13-10-2013, 14:51
Nigel Goodwin
Forum Member

Just examine the end's of the cable, see if all pins are correctly seated and not pushed back.

But to prove if it's the cable that's duff, simply get another short one, and move the box close to the TV to test it.
Nigel Goodwin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2013, 17:23
hoppy
Forum Member

Just examine the end's of the cable, see if all pins are correctly seated and not pushed back.

But to prove if it's the cable that's duff, simply get another short one, and move the box close to the TV to test it.
thank you appreciated !