Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Sonic & Sega All Stars Racing: Transformed Online?

Old 13-10-2013, 18:30
zoralink
Forum Member

Good evening everyone.

Through a combination of:

Poor sales for the Wii U
Poor sales for the game in question

The online mode in this game is often completely dead. I suddenly had an hour's session with a full room, but that was a stark contrast to the other ten times I've tried to play and found no one!

Does anyone else play this game and would like to make a weekly race night? I quite like the game and would love to race people online!

Take care,

Luke.
zoralink is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 13-10-2013, 19:13
brb
Forum Member

I ended up selling my copy on due to online being dead. Hopefully MK8 will sell extremely well and we won't have this problem!
brb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2013, 19:57
zoralink
Forum Member

I have no doubt that MK8 will sell well. I'm tempted to ask my sister to send me her copy of Mario Kart Wii, or I could get extremely technical and attempt an emulated MKD with that program they made once to allow online play, I think it was called Warp-pipe.
Old 14-10-2013, 09:17
brb
Forum Member

Thankfully, it seems that Nintendo is supporting cross-platform play for its upcoming releases (Chess!). So hopefully this is something we'll see in the future for other games like this (I think no matter what, Nintendo is always going to struggle with online multiplayer, so it's good they are supporting it).
brb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2013, 12:03
zoralink
Forum Member

What other releases will support cross platform play?
Old 14-10-2013, 12:48
OMTT
Forum Member

I had this game when it first launched & the online was dead even then. Great game though
OMTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2013, 12:57
SimonB79
Forum Member

I had this game when it first launched & the online was dead even then. Great game though
Pretty much sums it up!!! ...
SimonB79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2013, 22:21
Kal_El
Forum Member

Can somebody explain to me how this game didn't do that well? It's absolutely awesome and really deserved a much bigger audience. Granted it wasn't a flop, but it should have done much better. Me and my daughter are playing it on PS3 (I don't imagine it's that different from the Wii U version) and we love it way more than any Mario Kart of the last few years. The first one was excellent too.
Kal_El is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2013, 00:16
zoralink
Forum Member

Can somebody explain to me how this game didn't do that well? It's absolutely awesome and really deserved a much bigger audience. Granted it wasn't a flop, but it should have done much better. Me and my daughter are playing it on PS3 (I don't imagine it's that different from the Wii U version) and we love it way more than any Mario Kart of the last few years. The first one was excellent too.
I wouldn't say it's better than Mario Kart. Maybe years of the franchise makes me bias. It certainly has a graphical touch and sense of speed that sets it well above the MK franchise. But MK is simply 'cleaner'. So much bad collision detection can ruin a race. And there are plenty of glitches to be found, this could be just in the Wii U version.

But I agree it should have more players, a highly enjoyable game that I've clocked up plenty or well deserved hours on!
Old 19-10-2013, 21:45
wiseguy100
Forum Member

Whenever i join a lobby there's always at least 8+ people in there.

I'm gonna guess that people that experience no people in lobbies have their Wii U's in strict NAT.

I he these problems until i opened the NAT on my Wii U.
wiseguy100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2013, 00:17
zoralink
Forum Member

What is NAT sorry?
Old 20-10-2013, 21:00
wiseguy100
Forum Member

Dude, it's easier to google Open NAT than have me explain it to you. It's quite easy to do though with the many step by step guides on the web.
wiseguy100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2013, 17:35
-GONZO-
Forum Member

Picked this up earlier today and it most definitely deserves some love, It miles better than the first Wii version (although Samba's conga Allstar has gone ) and being able to have 5 players is excellent for me,wife and kids as no more one having to wait their turn.
I've changed the gamepad to motion control which took some getting used to, but I do seem to play better using the Wiimote/WiiWheel combo.
I'm really looking forward to Mario Kart 8, Sonic Allstars most definitely fills the gap in the mean time.
-GONZO- is offline   Reply With Quote