Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Sour grapes from Lorna??

Old 14-10-2013, 21:25
Verence
Forum Member

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s103/...yed-video.html
Verence is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 14-10-2013, 21:29
DamienS
Forum Member

Kind of....but also correct
DamienS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2013, 21:31
wordfromthewise
Forum Member

She's very entitled to her opinion and I'm glad to see her comments on the shameless and unimaginative manipulation that goes on in the show that leaves the performers feeling uncomfortable and not being themselves.
wordfromthewise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2013, 21:32
Fizix
Forum Member

Maybe but let's be honest here, she is probably telling the truth.
Fizix is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2013, 21:34
headzup
Forum Member

She's spot on.
headzup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2013, 21:34
JustArun
Forum Member

She doesn't sound bitter at all. It's just her being honest about the manipulation from this show...
JustArun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2013, 21:37
Verence
Forum Member

She wouldn't mind about the manipulation if it had meant she had stayed in
Old 14-10-2013, 21:42
meglosmurmurs
Forum Member

Yeah it's easy to criticize it in hindsight after you've been eliminated, there'd be no problem if she was still there or the winner.

She's got a great voice but there is something about her that is really forgettable. Could be mostly blamed on the editing, but then at the first live show she had a good performance but it was the one I had the most trouble remembering.
meglosmurmurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2013, 21:45
Cosya
Forum Member

She is only sayin how it is. I mean she looked nothing like she did on the live show when we did see her i.e. at boot camp.

But ultimately you probably cant say anything for fear of being chucked off
Cosya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2013, 21:47
Dave0893
Forum Member

I don't have much sympathy for her, she says she didn't like the outfits, or being made into a Whitney clone but says she put up no fight, I'm sorry if you don't like it say something.

Also not every contestant can be given airtime during the auditions, for one giving all the finalists lots of airtime will mean it will be predictable who makes it through to lives and two, they won't have enough time to give equal amounts to everybody. Its a shame, but its the way it is unfortunately.
Dave0893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2013, 21:51
Ambassador
Forum Member

If you know a show is manipulated and chews performers up and spits them out...

Why then go on said show and complain afterwards?
Ambassador is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2013, 22:13
greenyone
Forum Member

I don't have much sympathy for her, she says she didn't like the outfits, or being made into a Whitney clone but says she put up no fight, I'm sorry if you don't like it say something.

Also not every contestant can be given airtime during the auditions, for one giving all the finalists lots of airtime will mean it will be predictable who makes it through to lives and two, they won't have enough time to give equal amounts to everybody. Its a shame, but its the way it is unfortunately.
If anyone thinks they can go against cowell their deluded
greenyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2013, 22:49
s_bowes_uk
Forum Member

Watched the video and didn't hear anything unreasonable. This show plays people every year, and only now that she has been a victim of that does she realise.

Thing is, when you agree to do a show like The X Factor, they own your ass, and have complete control. Every act is at their mercy, and can only hope the show doesn't have them on the axe list.

Remember, the show has its great eye fixed on the Xmas no.1 spot. It's seeking it. All it's thought is bent on it.
s_bowes_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2013, 22:58
LemonadeMouth
Forum Member

All her points were valid.
LemonadeMouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2013, 23:01
MrAndieMcPhee
Forum Member

I think she comes off well. She realises that the show kind of took her in and spit her out, but she acknowledges that she was the one who signed up for it so she has to take it on the chin.

Fair enough and good for her.
MrAndieMcPhee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2013, 23:31
Zizu58
Inactive Member

Sour Grapes ..... is that the name if her new "movie " ??

Zizu58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2013, 23:33
sstephanie40
Forum Member

She kind of hints that Sam Bailey is the pimped one from Sharon's team. Bit obvious I suppose but there you go.....
sstephanie40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2013, 00:11
Verence
Forum Member

She kind of hints that Sam Bailey is the pimped one from Sharon's team. Bit obvious I suppose but there you go.....
No sh*t Sherlock!!!!
Old 15-10-2013, 00:12
Nastyman69
Forum Member

Well at least she can go back to her day job (Lights Camera Action)
Nastyman69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2013, 00:57
Fizix
Forum Member

Well at least she can go back to her day job (Lights Camera Action)
Lol, fap fap fap

Well if you like big butts anyway.
Fizix is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2013, 01:03
oathy
Forum Member

Yet on This morning she mentioned the fact this wasn't like an Audition with a Record company it was opening her life up to the public and the dangers that brought.
Sharon messed up not voting long distance clara off because she will be the victim of the flash vote again and go next sunday.
oathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2013, 03:19
Reserved
Forum Member

Of course they can show every finalist! Lots of acts who got axed got more screen time than Lorna did. Alejandro, Tom, Luke, Barclay and Souli only made it to bootcamp, yet all got more time spent on them individually than she did throughout her entire stay!

Then we had acts like Melanie, Paul, Giles and Joseph who also got more screen time than her.

They can fit everyone in, they just choose not. When you're part of the final 12, you expect some exposure. Lorna got sod all - blink and you'll miss her for most casual fans of the show.

I expect half of the viewers on Saturday night were thinking "who's this?" when she was introduced. It shouldn't be like that for ANY act in the final 12. The editing has been stupid and really odd this series.
Reserved is offline   Reply With Quote