Options

One and only Cillia Black

BorefestBorefest Posts: 9,557
Forum Member
Anyone going to watch this? I am certainly not a whole hour and a half of tv all about her, why do ITV keep getting things wrong.

Comments

• Options
    davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,765
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not watching it. I have heard, on here amongst other places, that she is a vile and horrible person in reality.
  • Options
    Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How fortunate we are, more than one would be a nightmare.
  • Options
    ilovewallanderilovewallander Posts: 42,331
    Forum Member
    How fortunate we are, more than one would be a nightmare.

Yes, I was going to put 'Thank God!' Or one is one too many.
  • Options
    PamthehoundPamthehound Posts: 5,333
    Forum Member
    Not watching it. I have heard, on here amongst other places, that she is a vile and horrible person in reality.

Heard stories about her being a demanding diva and rude and ignorant to Air Hostesses on flights , WTF is so good about seat 1A anyway Silly Cilla and always telling people to refer to you as Miss Cilla Black...:mad:
  • Options
    scotchscotch Posts: 10,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I served her and Bobby on a flight once.

That's about all I can say lol
  • Options
    scotchscotch Posts: 10,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be fair - I actually love her early singing. She sang some great songs and had a great range. I know it isn't to everyones taste, but she sold the records
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    scotch wrote: »
    I served her and Bobby on a flight once.

That's about all I can say lol

oh that aint fair. go on, tell us a bit more....

my mother in law bumped into brucie at a golf club and he stormed passed saying no photos or autographs (she didnt want either and hadnt even made eye contact)
  • Options
    BRITLANDBRITLAND Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oh that aint fair. go on, tell us a bit more....

my mother in law bumped into brucie at a golf club and he stormed passed saying no photos or autographs (she didnt want either and hadnt even made eye contact)

When was this? Ie year etc
  • Options
    ChrissieAOChrissieAO Posts: 5,143
    Forum Member
    Heard stories about her being a demanding diva and rude and ignorant to Air Hostesses on flights , WTF is so good about seat 1A anyway Silly Cilla and always telling people to refer to you as Miss Cilla Black...:mad:

Wasn't it 'you will address me as Mrs Willis'??
  • Options
    Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She'll always be best remembered, for making cover versions in the sixties, of the records of better USA singers.

But she wasn't on her own.
  • Options
    Wallasey SaintWallasey Saint Posts: 7,636
    Forum Member

There's a thread in the Showbiz section "nice & not nice Celebs you've met", & almost every post about meeting her is how vile she is to people when people meet her & that's not even on a Flight.
  • Options
    manderleymanderley Posts: 2,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She'll always be best remembered, for making cover versions in the sixties, of the records of better USA singers.

But she wasn't on her own.

One of the better singers being Dionne Warwick.
  • Options
    SteelEdgeSteelEdge Posts: 6,906
    Forum Member
    I'm tired and looked at this thread title and for a second thought it said 'The One And Only Cillit Bang'

:D:D
  • Options
    Daisy_DukeDaisy_Duke Posts: 1,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cilla. I'm not interested. Went off her a long time ago, once she started believing in her own publicity.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 492
    Forum Member
    If ITV want to really pay tribute to her, give her back Surprise Surprise
  • Options
    Forum Member
    SteelEdge wrote: »
    I'm tired and looked at this thread title and for a second thought it said 'The One And Only Cillit Bang'

That's her real name but she had to change it for Equity reasons, there was already someone with that name.

:p
  • Options
    Archie DukeArchie Duke Posts: 1,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair - I actually love her early singing. She sang some great songs and had a great range. I know it isn't to everyones taste, but she sold the records

Yes, me too, under Epstein and George Martin her early stuff is excellent and unlike some, I like her strident vocal style,but she can do the subtle stuff too.

I have heard she can be diva-ish, and her Professional Scouser tag is wearing a bit thin too
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I remember seeing her on one of Gok Wan's shows showing off about how she flies thousands of miles to New York just to get some £500 jeans and how she wears high heels because she drives a Bentley everywhere and doesn't have to walk much. Obviously just saying because she drives a car isn't enough, she has to name drop the make.
  • Options
    anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No thanks! Awful woman. A friend of mine was part of our countries most famous airline's cabin crew and she was dreaded on flights. This was after her husband died. She travelled with a PA who spoke for her. In other words she would not speak to the crew and they were not allowed to speak to her. She told me Royalty were,generally, much nicer people to deal with than Cilla Black and some other celebs!
  • Options
    Iqbal_MIqbal_M Posts: 4,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ozcabs wrote: »
    If ITV want to really pay tribute to her, give her back Surprise Surprise

To be fair Cilla has given Holly her blessing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_S0rQyvj2VY
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And 'Only One' Cilla is more than enough.

She does come across as being a bit of a Queen Bee. She's very old school, from the days when TV was a closed shop and God forbid if she should be expected to converse with the 'minions'.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hate normally to pick up on people's spelling, but

the thought of Cillia Black makes me chuckle at an image of this wriggling transparent thing with a big nose grasping protozoa and going 'Y'all'right Chuck' as she swallows it wholesale.

Bit like the real Cilla. ;)
  • Options
    dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SteelEdge wrote: »

:D

Well, you're not far off.

In overdose, she does come across as somewhat corrosive.

;)
  • Options
    dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hate normally to pick up on people's spelling, but

the thought of Cillia Black makes me chuckle at an image of this wriggling transparent thing with a big nose grasping protozoa and going 'Y'all'right Chuck' as she swallows it wholesale.

Bit like the real Cilla. ;)

Oh stop now! :p:D
  • Options
    dekafdekaf Posts: 8,398
    Forum Member

I loved some of her songs too, and just adored Dusty. Not sure why Dionne Warwick thought she should have the songs first though.