Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Driveclub delayed?

Old 16-10-2013, 23:48
MD1500
Forum Member

It seems that way.
Even NEOGAF Sony insider FamousMortimer is convinced.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthre...1#post86291821

With this and Watch Dogs delayed until 2014, it looks like the PS4 will have an even more tepid launch line up than originally thought.
MD1500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 17-10-2013, 12:58
Alien28
Forum Member

I really hope it's just a vicious rumour started by an Xbox fanboy. The main reason I have pre-ordered my PS4 was WatchDogs and free DriveClub, with a plan to get FIFA 14 at Xmas. now I'm getting a PS4 and nothing to do with it potentially!
Alien28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2013, 13:09
dazzy71
Forum Member

More places are reporting it now than just NEOGaf. Still not confirmed but the silence from Sony says everything if you ask me.

PS4 exclusive titles are looking very sparse.
dazzy71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2013, 13:28
OMTT
Forum Member

I really hope it's just a vicious rumour started by an Xbox fanboy. The main reason I have pre-ordered my PS4 was WatchDogs and free DriveClub, with a plan to get FIFA 14 at Xmas. now I'm getting a PS4 and nothing to do with it potentially!
Same here. I'll have BF4 and was thinking about getting FIFA but after hearing how bad it is on current consoles, I'll maybe do without.
OMTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2013, 13:31
NorfolkBoy1
Forum Member

More places are reporting it now than just NEOGaf. Still not confirmed but the silence from Sony says everything if you ask me.

PS4 exclusive titles are looking very sparse.
Well, more places are making a story out of it based on the NeoGaf info, and the silence from Sony means nothing really, but clearly the fact it wasn't playable at EGX lends some credence to the rumours.

-1 Ps4 exclusive isn't really that big a deal though, and as a new-IP and a driving game it's not going to be a huge system-shifter.
NorfolkBoy1 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2013, 13:50
fastest finger
Forum Member

Well, more places are making a story out of it based on the NeoGaf info, and the silence from Sony means nothing really, but clearly the fact it wasn't playable at EGX lends some credence to the rumours.

-1 Ps4 exclusive isn't really that big a deal though, and as a new-IP and a driving game it's not going to be a huge system-shifter.
It was playable at EGX.

It will be a little disappointing if it is delayed, but bearing in mind many of us were essentially getting it for "free" anyway, and it will most likely be replaced with a different "free" game I can handle a little wait.
fastest finger is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2013, 13:53
dazzy71
Forum Member

Sorry but if its not true Sony just have to put out a simple statement or tweet. I can imagine what is being discussed right now is whether can release anything of Driveclub.

When you go on stage and you put Driveclub as one of the main launch day releases it is a big deal when its delayed. Many people love their driving games and i'm sure some have pre-ordered on the fact they will have Driveclub. If you had a list as long as your arm of exclusive launch games then yes -1 isn't to bad. But when you had 3 to start with then -1 is a big deal
Old 17-10-2013, 14:05
He4rt
Forum Member

It wasn't really a full free game, so i can't see them giving out Knack or Killzone for free, I'm not sure what they're going to do if this is true, maybe a couple months of ps+ for free for every Subscriber?

It's always bad news when games get delayed,but hopefully they get a better game out because of this.
He4rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2013, 14:07
NorfolkBoy1
Forum Member

There are more than 3 exclusive launch game for PS3.

Of course, if you only count disk-based full-retail titles then you're right, but that's SO last-gen!
Old 17-10-2013, 14:13
dazzy71
Forum Member

There are more than 3 exclusive launch game for PS3.

Of course, if you only count disk-based full-retail titles then you're right, but that's SO last-gen!
Disk based games and digital , you kids!! I'm from the cassette based generation
Old 17-10-2013, 14:19
chopoff
Forum Member

Bit of a bummer as it was one of the games I was looking forward to. It is difficult for a racer to not be enjoyable, so.

Added to that it was free! Resogun, free! All the F2P games! I was almost considering not buying a single game at launch.
chopoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2013, 14:19
NorfolkBoy1
Forum Member

Disk based games and digital , you kids!! I'm from the cassette based generation
Cassettes? Bah. Luxury. When I were a lad it took 12 hours to load pong from a 12-inch reel-to-reel tape. You don't know you're born.
Old 17-10-2013, 15:36
Hotbird
Forum Member

If this is true I am glad I am not planning on getting a PS4 at launch as two of the games I was liking the look of are now delayed
Hotbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2013, 18:36
jokerz
Forum Member

Just tried to change my pre-order with game and they said not possible as the allocation has already gone off!!!

Darn, was going to source the games elsewhere!
jokerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2013, 23:14
OMTT
Forum Member

Still just a rumour?
Old 17-10-2013, 23:16
fastest finger
Forum Member

Still just a rumour?
Yeah, but Sony's silence is deafening.

Maybe.

Or not.

Who knows???
Old 17-10-2013, 23:19
whoever,hey
Forum Member

Theres still Ubisofts game that was practically identical to Driveclub anyway, that Reflections are working on

Unless they are delaying that as well as Watchdogs.
whoever,hey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2013, 23:21
OMTT
Forum Member

Theres still Ubisofts game that was practically identical to Driveclub anyway, that Reflections are working on

The Crew..? DELAYED!!!
fastest finger
Forum Member

You mean The Crew?

Yeah, that's been pushed back to Q3 2014.
Dan27
Forum Member

Yeah, but Sony's silence is deafening.

Maybe.

Or not.

Who knows???
I think Sony are trying to negotiate a replacement PS+ game.
Dan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2013, 23:27
fastest finger
Forum Member

I think Sony are trying to negotiate a replacement PS+ game.
Most likely. They aren't going to announce anything bad without something good to take the sting out of it.
Old 17-10-2013, 23:32
whoever,hey
Forum Member

The Crew..? DELAYED!!!
Really?
whoever,hey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2013, 23:40
Hendo9
Forum Member

If it is delayed, fully expect Sony to get hold of something decent to put on PS+ at least... whether thats enough to satisfy some I dont know
Hendo9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2013, 23:58
OMTT
Forum Member

If it is delayed, fully expect Sony to get hold of something decent to put on PS+ at least... whether thats enough to satisfy some I dont know
If anything, I think it'll be Knack as that's what's free with the PS4 in Japan when it's released
Old 18-10-2013, 02:30
chopoff
Forum Member

You seem to have insider knowledge, how feasible is a DC demo to cushion the blow?

I am very curious to know why games are being delayed so late. Though, did we even have a date for The Crew?

Surely they'd have known a long time ago that they just wouldn't be able to make the launch date - which begs the question of if it is the devs or the publishers wanting to maximise sales, perhaps they looked at pre-orders and thought we can do better than this outside of the crowded launch line-ups.
chopoff is offline   Reply With Quote