Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

New generation of Kindle Fires...does the new 7" HD have volume button?

Old 17-10-2013, 09:14
cathrin
Forum Member

The Amazon website has just announced the new Kindle Fire models. It looks like the non-HD version has been discontinued altogether, a 7" 8GB HD model will be 119, and there are various other models above that.

From what I can see, the 119 HD model seems to be effectively a new improved HD version of the old Kindle Fire non-HD model, which didn't have a volume switch. I found it really annoying having to swipe around on the screen to find the volume adjustment, and for that reason I always wished I'd gone for the HD model which had a handy switch on the side IIRC.

I had recently been thinking about buying the 16GB HD model which has been reduced to 119 everywhere. But I'm now wondering whether to hang on and get the new HD 8GB model...which seems to have a lot of improvements, but very possibly no all-important volume button. Or should I snap up one of the old 16GB ones before they disappear altogether?

Anyone seen one of the new 8GB HD models and able to confirm whether it has a volume switch or not? Many thanks in advance if anyone can advise.
cathrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 17-10-2013, 11:41
cathrin
Forum Member

....I suppose what I'm partly asking is: which is the better buy? The old discontinued 16GB HD model (formerly 159 but now being sold at 119), or the new 8GB HD model, (also 119) with various improvements, but possibly no volume switch? Depends how big the improvements are, I guess...oh, the decisions! (wanders off muttering in confusion to self)
cathrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2013, 12:19
Nigel Goodwin
Forum Member

16GB or 8GB, for the same price - I don't see your problem?
Nigel Goodwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2013, 18:48
Anika Hanson
Forum Member

Argos are selling the 32GB version of the older HD model for 139.
Anika Hanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2013, 18:50
pjayem1964
Forum Member

There is a volume switch on the Kindle Fire HD 16GB (119 model) at the top on the left-hand side.
pjayem1964 is offline   Reply With Quote