Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Hotkeys to one key ? Ctrl+S as example

Old 18-10-2013, 22:43
BlizzardUK
Forum Member

Because my PC is prone to crash on certain software I want it as easy and quick as possible to save without needing to use the mouse. At the moment I use ctrl+s to save every 3 minutes or so. Is there any software that will either automatically click this combination every 2 minutes or allow me to make ctrl+s become a single click of an F key as example ?

Hope I have explained things ok
BlizzardUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 18-10-2013, 22:47
mac2708
Forum Member

Have no idea if it's any good but found this
http://www.door2windows.com/autosave...automatically/

Video here http://operating-systems.wonderhowto...osaver-392632/
mac2708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2013, 22:48
curiousclive
Forum Member

Because my PC is prone to crash on certain software I want it as easy and quick as possible to save without needing to use the mouse. At the moment I use ctrl+s to save every 3 minutes or so. Is there any software that will either automatically click this combination every 2 minutes or allow me to make ctrl+s become a single click of an F key as example ?

Hope I have explained things ok
Why not try to resolve the crashing problem then you will not need the hot key.
curiousclive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2013, 22:49
Maxatoria
Forum Member

i'd work out why it keeps falling over and fix that rather than having a keep me running till the last moment macro running
Maxatoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2013, 23:33
BlizzardUK
Forum Member

Thanks Mac, that looks perfect.

Actually the problem is happening to my dads PC, not mine, but I felt it too long winded at the time of starting the thread to try and explain the problem was happening to someone else. He is stubborn and won't change the software. I have tried to fix it for him but can't. He could use a newer version but he prefers the older one. Author of the software just says try the new version. So I can't win. He hasn't asked for this software, but I thought it would be a good idea, as all I hear is shouting when it crashes and he hasn't saved. So this seemed a good compromise solution. At the moment I have taught him to click ctrl+s but I know the easier the better for him.
BlizzardUK is offline   Reply With Quote