Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

50th Anniversary Trailer for 3D cinema screenings?

Old 20-10-2013, 11:23
Ed Sizzers
Forum Member

as ive just said on twitter,i suspect this is also going to be the 3D trailer for Cinemas
I think Gareth is onto something here. Between the way the camera moves around, to the many objects floating in the foreground of almost every shot, it's seems almost certain the intention is that this trailer was made to be seen in 3D.

Given that a 3D trailer will only be shown in 3D alongside a 3D movie, that only gives us two options between now and the 23rd (as far as I know). Thor opens on October 30th and Gravity on November 8th.

Both movies would seem quite appropriate to attach the trailer to, although despite the space-wacey theme of Gravity, Thor seems the most likely contender. It's a big science-fiction/fantasy/superhero epic, plus Christopher Eccleston is playing the bad guy.

Ed Sizzers is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 21-10-2013, 10:11
GARETH197901
Forum Member

I think Gareth is onto something here. Between the way the camera moves around, to the many objects floating in the foreground of almost every shot, it's seems almost certain the intention is that this trailer was made to be seen in 3D.

Given that a 3D trailer will only be shown in 3D alongside a 3D movie, that only gives us two options between now and the 23rd (as far as I know). Thor opens on October 30th and Gravity on November 8th.

Both movies would seem quite appropriate to attach the trailer to, although despite the space-wacey theme of Gravity, Thor seems the most likely contender. It's a big science-fiction/fantasy/superhero epic, plus Christopher Eccleston is playing the bad guy.

i agree,having seen many 3D films you can tell if something has been designed to work inside and outside the window and it feels like its been designed with depth in mind
GARETH197901 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2013, 22:47
Sharon87
Forum Member

Yeah that's what I thought the first time I saw the trailer. I knew it would be screened in 3D in cinemas.
Sharon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2013, 23:28
gingerfreak
Forum Member

What, things being obviously suspended in space, with pointy things mysteriously close to the viewer and almost inexplicable near-to-mid focal points moving slowly one way or the other? Of course it has 3D in mind. And while I'm not a fan of 3D I think this trailer will be very effective. Some real thought has gone into it.
gingerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote