Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Prof Raj Persaud is on twitter

Old 20-10-2013, 23:01
SirMickTravis
Forum Member

Raj is so quiet nowadays ever since he was screwed over by the 'Church' of Scientology. However he is about. Now writes articles on his blog and for Huffington Post. I notice he sometimes co-writes the article with someone else - does he need a minder?

Anyway he's tweeted nearly 400 times but only has 240 followers. Shall we see if we can get him up to 500 by the end of the weekend?

https://twitter.com/DrRajPersaud
SirMickTravis is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 24-10-2013, 15:56
deivu74
Forum Member

When did he get ditched from "This Morning"? Can you tell it's been years since I watched?
deivu74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2013, 16:17
Mark39London
Forum Member

He was found guilty of dishonesty and bringing the profession into disrepute, but I didn't know he had a run in with the con of scientology.

Are you sure that was him and you are not thinking of John Sweeney?
Mark39London is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2013, 16:44
dorydaryl
Forum Member

Mmm, I always liked Raj and was mystified when he was accused of plagiarism. But it does happen and is taken very seriously in academic circles. Didn't know about any link with Scientology, though!
dorydaryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2013, 16:49
Buffalo Man
Forum Member

Mmm, I always liked Raj and was mystified when he was accused of plagiarism. But it does happen and is taken very seriously in academic circles. Didn't know about any link with Scientology, though!
Yeah, he wrote a hostile article about Scientology and psychiatry (as you know, they're not keen on shrinks, to say the least) in the Independent in 2005 and was accused of plagiarising several passages from someone else.
Buffalo Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2013, 15:00
SirMickTravis
Forum Member

Yeah, he wrote a hostile article about Scientology and psychiatry (as you know, they're not keen on shrinks, to say the least) in the Independent in 2005 and was accused of plagiarising several passages from someone else.
They went after him when he did that. Ruined his career. It's time he was rehabilitated and back on the TV.
SirMickTravis is offline   Reply With Quote