Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

ps3 video playback fail

Old 22-10-2013, 20:47
andybno1
Forum Member

got the latest ps3 firmware installed but I cant for the life of me get any videos I copy over on a flash drive to play, even tried avchd off sony camera it just shows folder via display all then says the folder is empty.

I have tried the video in mp4, mpg and just says invalid format. I've tried streaming but I get about 30 seconds streaming before it stutters. I can pause it for a minute then play it but after a couple mins stuttering again.
andybno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 22-10-2013, 21:11
Scooterwolf
Forum Member

You need to label the Folder PS3 then insert another folder inside it called VIDEO - saves your films in there and it will find them.

Also press the triangle button and display all when picking up your folder on the PS3.
Scooterwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2013, 21:15
Red Arrow
Forum Member

You need to label the Folder PS3 then insert another folder inside it called VIDEO - saves your films in there and it will find them.

Also press the triangle button and display all when picking up your folder on the PS3.
Is that all you have to do?? I was almost ready to hit my PS3 the other day as it wouldn't see a video I put on a pen drive. I normally stream over my network but was having network issues so thought it would be easy to copy to a pen drive.

Now I know for future, thanks.
Red Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2013, 21:36
andybno1
Forum Member

will give it a try thanks for tip been a while since done all this brain is a little rusty
andybno1 is offline   Reply With Quote