Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Lorde - Pure Heroine (Album Thread)

Old 01-11-2013, 09:49
ashtray88
Forum Member

They are meant to be samey because that's the sound she is working with. Like with Lana

I would rather have an album full of folksy alternative pop songs than an album full of club bangers where I will need to keep a pot of Aspirin at the side.
No it's not to do with the sound. You can still have different style songs but keep it within the same genre. I'm just thinking of the album as a whole. But I do like some songs on it, which is why I brought those songs and not the full album.

I don't think the whole album sound completely identical but I just don't think the sound varies enough to make the album exciting, but it's just my opinion.
ashtray88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 01-11-2013, 10:28
mimicole
Forum Member

I only heard Royals the other day for the first time. I'm gonna listen to the album on Spotify.
mimicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 13:51
tomi-08
Forum Member

Ribs is fantastic. My top five would be Ribs, A World Alone, White Teeth Teens, Royals and Team.
tomi-08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 08:56
little-monster
Forum Member

I actually can't get enough of this album. It has zoomed into perhaps one of my top 3 albums of the year. I hope she wins Best pop vocal album at next year's grammys.
little-monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2013, 10:36
PJ1893
Forum Member

I actually can't get enough of this album.
I feel the same about this album, and I wasn't a big fan of Royals when it first came out, but this album has really infected me (the only way I can describe it )

400 Lux/Royals/Ribs/Buzzcut Season/Team is a great run of songs on the album.

Bravado from the EP and No Better are good songs too.

I wonder if she's going to release a deluxe version of the album?
PJ1893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2013, 10:52
little-monster
Forum Member

I feel the same about this album, and I wasn't a big fan of Royals when it first came out, but this album has really infected me (the only way I can describe it )

400 Lux/Royals/Ribs/Buzzcut Season/Team is a great run of songs on the album.

Bravado from the EP and No Better are good songs too.

I wonder if she's going to release a deluxe version of the album?
She already has. It's called the extended edition and it has 6/8 more songs but it's not available physically and I don't think it's available in every country.
little-monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2013, 11:14
DRAGON LANCE
Forum Member

Tis a good record, definitely one of the best of last year. I know some people don't like it and think its samey, but I actually think it tags together as a cohesive whole better than some of the albums topping the "album of the year" polls. I think 2013 has been a great year for singles, not such a good year for albums that you would want to listen to from start to finish.
DRAGON LANCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2013, 11:21
scratchy23
Forum Member

Royals is one of the most infectious songs ever, it's genius. I love that, and also Tennis Court, Team and Buzzcut Season.
scratchy23 is offline   Reply With Quote