Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Hannah's tears at the end of her sing-off song don't bode well for her.

Old 29-10-2013, 13:29
Jessica_Hamby
Inactive Member

Regardless of the result of the sing-off, surely her crying shows that she's not ready for the big stage and the big occasion and that she's likely to crumble under pressure. She seems to cry at the drop of a hat and while I'm all for expressing your emotions it doesn't seem a useful quality in a performer to be so easily overcome.

She needs to be able to express her feelings not be overwhelmed by them.
Jessica_Hamby is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 29-10-2013, 13:31
Eve Elle
Forum Member

Her emotional breakdown was most likely partly responsible for Miss Dynamix killing her in the sing off.
Eve Elle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2013, 13:33
jerefprdterra
Forum Member

Regardless of the result of the sing-off, surely her crying shows that she's not ready for the big stage and the big occasion and that she's likely to crumble under pressure. She seems to cry at the drop of a hat and while I'm all for expressing your emotions it doesn't seem a useful quality in a performer to be so easily overcome.

Not sure that i agree with you on this. Hannah was upset because like most of us she thought that she would be through to the next stage after giving the best performance of the evening. I doubt if she will be in the bottom two again for at least a few weeks, so will have chance to learn how to cope better.
jerefprdterra is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2013, 13:34
Rangermick
Forum Member

Especially if she is supposed to be "soulful"
She is going to be in tears at the end of every song!
A sausage roll might help!
Rangermick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2013, 13:36
Jessica_Hamby
Inactive Member

Especially if she is supposed to be "soulful"
She is going to be in tears at the end of every song!
That's what I was thinking. She's supposed to make us cry, not be bawling herself. That's no good at all.
Old 29-10-2013, 13:47
fireemblemcraze
Forum Member

Her emotional breakdown was most likely partly responsible for Miss Dynamix killing her in the sing off.
Miss Dynamix sang after her.

Yes and Miss Dynamix sang so much better with those wonderful screechy harmonies and screechy high notes and the fact that they stayed in pitch only when Jeanette was singing...by herself
fireemblemcraze is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2013, 13:56
Eve Elle
Forum Member

Miss Dynamix sang after her.
You seem very easily confused there hun.

Hannah's emotional breakdown messed up her sing off song allowing Miss Dynamix to virtually slay her, musically speaking of course. The order in which they sang isn't the relative thing.
Old 29-10-2013, 13:59
jerefprdterra
Forum Member

Hannah's emotional breakdown messed up her sing off song allowing Miss Dynamix to virtually slay her, musically speaking of course. The order in which they sang isn't the relative thing.
As we all know the sing offs are a waste of time anyway as it has already been decided who is going through.
Old 29-10-2013, 14:02
Jessica_Hamby
Inactive Member

She was clearly on the verge of tears thoughout the song. She was wobbly before it even started.
Old 29-10-2013, 14:03
Eve Elle
Forum Member

As we all know the sing offs are a waste of time anyway as it has already been decided who is going through.
With regards to the judges and their decisions, yes. But I also feel like it leaves a lasting impression on viewers too. Meaning that with the spotlight on them, contestants who do poorly in the sing off will be remembered. Like Katie Waissel for example, the sing offs arguably turned her into a hate figure. So I still feel like they can have an impact, to some extent.
Old 29-10-2013, 14:16
fireemblemcraze
Forum Member

You are confused actually.

Hannah's 'emotional breakdown' happened during her sing off which was before Miss D even sang their song. Thus the emotional breakdown could not have been caused by Miss D singing their song better than Hannah.

Oh dear what a flop explanation.
Old 29-10-2013, 14:22
Eve Elle
Forum Member

You are confused actually.

Hannah's 'emotional breakdown' happened during her sing off which was before Miss D even sang their song. Thus the emotional breakdown could not have been caused by Miss D singing their song better than Hannah.

Oh dear what a flop explanation.
No confusion on my part hun.

You read far too literally, and simply don't think enough laterally.
Old 29-10-2013, 14:26
priscilla
Forum Member

She's always crying, she needs to learn to be stronger.
priscilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2013, 14:26
fireemblemcraze
Forum Member

No confusion on my part hun.

You read far too literally, and simply don't think enough laterally.
It doesn't require rocket science to work this one out dear.

There's nothing to think about laterally here...it's the simple sequence of events. But whatever read into it or whatever you want to do - that Hannah somehow knew (or maybe went into the future?) that Miss Dynamix were going to screech their way through that overdone song and then have faces like slapped arses afterwards (really threatening). Who knows? Maybe she's got the gift of time travel?
Old 29-10-2013, 14:37
Eve Elle
Forum Member

There's nothing to think about laterally here...it's the simple sequence of events. But whatever read into it or whatever you want to do - that Hannah somehow knew (or maybe went into the future?) that Miss Dynamix were going to screech their way through that overdone song and then have faces like slapped arses afterwards (really threatening). Who knows? Maybe she's got the gift of time travel?
I never inferred that Miss Dynamix's sing off song was responsible for Hannah's emotional state. Why would I when she was on first? I said that they were better in the sing off, and the reason for that was partly due to Hannah's breakdown. I mean jeez, what do I need to do to spell it out for ya, use text talk?
Old 29-10-2013, 15:09
supersnake
Forum Member

to be fair I think Eve Elle is right here, he/she said "Her emotional breakdown was most likely partly responsible for Miss Dynamix killing her in the sing off." therefore suggesting hannah's breakdown was the cause or enabled Miss Dynamix to perform better although I really disagree that Miss Dynamix were better.
supersnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2013, 18:25
E05297535
Forum Member

I have now come to the conclusion that the OP has it in for Hannah, as every theard she/he has raised about Hannah is with the attempt to belittle her or maybe turn other FM's completely against her....well if thats the case, OP, it hasnt worked on me , for whatever song Hannah sings and with whatever emotion she brings out.....it will be OK as she will go further on within the music industry and her records will sell!!!

Bring on next weekend performance Hannah.....I will be supporting you, regardless
E05297535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2013, 18:30
Parneb
Forum Member

Totally agree. I expected Miss Dynamix to get the boot with one member 6 months pregnant and already been admited to hospital. Shame as they delivered a dynamic performance for the first time.
Parneb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2013, 18:33
Jessica_Hamby
Inactive Member

I have now come to the conclusion that the OP has it in for Hannah, as every theard she/he has raised about Hannah is with the attempt to belittle her or maybe turn other FM's completely against her....well if thats the case, OP, it hasnt worked on me , for whatever song Hannah sings and with whatever emotion she brings out.....it will be OK as she will go further on within the music industry and her records will sell!!!

Bring on next weekend performance Hannah.....I will be supporting you, regardless
I actually quite like Hannah. But she does cry a lot and crying on stage is not good for your performance.

Also, she does have a bit of a one dimensional performance at the moment. I think that's something that can easily be changed, but she does need to do something about it if she wants to become an outstanding singer.
Old 29-10-2013, 18:35
fireemblemcraze
Forum Member

Totally agree. I expected Miss Dynamix to get the boot with one member 6 months pregnant and already been admited to hospital. Shame as they delivered a dynamic performance for the first time.
Which was out of tune and screechy. But if that's what y'all like then fine.
Old 29-10-2013, 18:48
LurkingGood
Forum Member

Oh dear, you've made a bit of a fool of yourself, it's quite obvious what Eve was saying, but keep digging that hole.
LurkingGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2013, 18:53
jerefprdterra
Forum Member

James Arthur thinks that Hannah has the best voice in the show, and he is'nt wrong.
Old 29-10-2013, 18:54
E05297535
Forum Member

I actually quite like Hannah. But she does cry a lot and crying on stage is not good for your performance.

Also, she does have a bit of a one dimensional performance at the moment. I think that's something that can easily be changed, but she does need to do something about it if she wants to become an outstanding singer.
You like Hannah...??? Come on lets hear one thing you like about her....as everything said so far has been so 'anti Hannah' and every thing you have typed so far, hasn't given ANY impression that you DO like her at all

But words are cheap, I know!!!!
E05297535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2013, 20:06
BroadwayBabyNY
Forum Member

It WAS terrible. Totally flat in places, I couldn't believe how bad it was. Anyone who thinks otherwise is either tone deaf, or has no musical training themselves.
BroadwayBabyNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2013, 20:10
BroadwayBabyNY
Forum Member

James Arthur thinks that Hannah has the best voice in the show, and he is'nt wrong.
I believe "Fireemblemcraze" was referring to Miss Dynamix as being out of tune, etc. Not Hannah.
BroadwayBabyNY is offline   Reply With Quote