Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Digihome DG250DTRA08 won't update software

Old 30-10-2013, 19:07
nico2919
Forum Member

Hello. I hope someone can help me with an issue I am having with my box. I have two of these boxes and have had no problems at all with them, until last week when one of them died on me So, I bought a refurbished one off of ebay and received it at the weekend. Set it up, switched it on and tried to do a channel search. It can only find 34 channels. I knew it wasn't my aerial but thought i best try the identical box on the same tv and aerial. I did a channel scan and it found every channel, 124 of them!! So, I started having a look at the software, which is version 1.00 (on my other box it is 7.09), i tried to get it to update the software to no avail, I tried the force OAD, again nothing happened. Can anyone help me with advice on how to update the software. Any more info, please ask. Thanks for reading
nico2919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 30-10-2013, 20:16
kasg
Forum Member

The OAD will only work if it is currently being broadcast. You can see the schedule here. I doubt whether these updates have been broadcast for several years and it is extremely unlikely they ever will be again. I've just had a quick search and couldn't find a source on the web either, maybe someone else can help.

Edit: probably worth posting (or mods moving this thread) to here.
kasg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2013, 23:07
Luis Essex
Forum Member

Version 4.34 is available from http://www.vestelpvr.futaura.co.uk/T845.php.

There is also some discussion on updating the software within the Digihome PVR section of digital spy.
I.e. Home > Forums > Entertainment Services > Terrestrial > Freeview+ Recorders > Digihome

You may find a few of the posts useful on thread http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1879802
Your Digihome is essentially the same as the Wharfdale discussed in that link.
Luis Essex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2013, 23:26
nico2919
Forum Member

Version 4.34 is available from http://www.vestelpvr.futaura.co.uk/T845.php.

There is also some discussion on updating the software within the Digihome PVR section of digital spy.
I.e. Home > Forums > Entertainment Services > Terrestrial > Freeview+ Recorders > Digihome

You may find a few of the posts useful on thread http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1879802
Your Digihome is essentially the same as the Wharfdale discussed in that link.
Thanks for that Luis, I will have a read through just now. I need to get a RS232 cable, is that right?
nico2919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2013, 18:55
Luis Essex
Forum Member

Yes.
If your PC has a serial port then a straight through RS232 serial cable.
If your PC hasn't a serial port then a USB to RS232 adaptor cable. If your PC is 64 bit make sure that the one you buy is compatible.

If you have any more questions I sugest you ask in a different part of digital spy

You'll probably get far more answers there than in this section, which is not really for recorder questions.
Luis Essex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:46
futaura
Forum Member

The OAD will only work if it is currently being broadcast. You can see the schedule here. I doubt whether these updates have been broadcast for several years and it is extremely unlikely they ever will be again.
Although this applies to most Freeview devices, it doesn't apply to TUTV boxes like this Digihome. TUTV constantly had software updates available separately on their bandwidth, and not via the DTG engineering channel. I say "had" because presumably these updates ceased when TUTV shutdown a few days ago, hence no more OTA downloads for these boxes ever again.

As I have said to the OP over at AVForums, probably the best advice would be to return the box for a refund.
futaura is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:45
kasg
Forum Member

Although this applies to most Freeview devices, it doesn't apply to TUTV boxes like this Digihome.
Yes, I realised this was probably the case after I made my post; there was no reference to TUTV in the OP so it hadn't occurred to me.
kasg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 19:18
philipianjones
Forum Member

Does this mean the 14 day guide will also cease?
philipianjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 19:55
futaura
Forum Member

Does this mean the 14 day guide will also cease?
If it is still working, my guess is it won't for much longer. TUTV must have paid somebody to provide it, if it wasn't compiled internally. The OP was having trouble with the 14 day guide and series link, and I inferred elsewhere that the guide may have already stopped working, but maybe it was because the OP had an old software version.
futaura is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 09:22
philipianjones
Forum Member

After I asked this looked at mine and was only showing epg to next wed. Now got the 8 day guide, not very good series link not working on 47,5 or quest. Records including repeats, very annoying.
philipianjones is offline   Reply With Quote