Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

EastEnders 1/11/13- THE KILLING MOON

View Poll Results: Tonight's episode was......
Excellent 75 35.55%
Very good 68 32.23%
Average 37 17.54%
Poor 19 9.00%
Awful 12 5.69%
Voters: 211. You can't vote on this poll right now - are you signed in?

Old 01-11-2013, 00:55
dullagj2
Forum Member

Tonight sees the culmination of the Janine/Michael custody saga but who won't make it out alive and who'll be left with blood on their hands? Thanks to SteveOwen for tonight's title.

EastEnders | Friday 1st November 2013 | Episode Discussion Thread

BBC One/BBC HD – 20:00
RTE One - 20:00
BBC Three - 22:30

Preview

Trailer

30 Minutes.

Director
Karl Neilson

Executive Producer
Lorraine Newman

Writer
Simon Ashdown

STARRING: (11 regulars)

Spoiler

Coming up in tonight’s episode:

Something Wicked This Way Comes...
Spoiler

Under blue moon I saw you
So soon you'll take me
Up in your arms
Too late to beg you or cancel it
Though I know it must be the killing time
Unwillingly mine

Fate
Up against your will
Through the thick and thin
He will wait until
You give yourself to him

In starlit nights I saw you
So cruelly you kissed me
Your lips a magic world
Your sky all hung with jewels
The killing moon
Will come too soon

Music Played:

Spoiler

Threadstarters count 2013:

Spoiler

On This Day:

2012- Joey/Lauren

2010- Janine/Ryan/Lily @ level crossing

2007- Stacey & Bradley marry

2005- Dennis/Pat/Johnny

1999- Ian/Steven

Simon Ashdown

Ashdown is currently series consultant (2007-2013) and lead writer on EastEnders. He was involved in the creation of the Slater family, and along with other writers, developed the characters around the actors themselves, rather than the other way round. He created the character of Max Branning and has been responsible for numerous key episodes such as Ethel Skinner’s death, Stacey Slater’s bipolar and the who killed Archie storyline. (and all these episodes listed below as well as tonight's) He has been writing for the show since 1995 and tonight is his 140th episode.

EastEnders Character Count 2013: (up to 1/11)
The Top 10
no. of episodes aired: 178

1. Abi Branning: 117
2. Michael Moon: 107
3. Kirsty Branning & Kat Moon: 105
5. Max Branning: 100
6. Ian Beale, Lauren Branning & Phil Mitchell: 99
9. Bianca Butcher : 96
10. Alice Branning: 93

Michael Moon Quiz:

1. Why did he arrive in Walford?
Spoiler

2. Which Mitchell did he date?
Spoiler

3. What's his full brother's name?
Spoiler

4. Who he did he con to pay for his wedding?
Spoiler

5. What year did he make his first appearance?
Spoiler

6. How many children has he fathered?
Spoiler

7. Who did he hire as Scarlett's nanny?
Spoiler

8. Which producer introduced the character?
Spoiler

9. How many episodes has he appeared in?
Spoiler

10. How many duff duffs has he received?
Spoiler

Links:

EastEnders Spoiler Thread

EE character count 2013

EE Duff Duff Count 2013

EastEnders - 2013 Writers Count

EastEnders Webcam (Part 2)

DS Enders

The Michael Moon/Steve John Shepherd Appreciation Thread (Part 5)

POTD: Michael Plot Climax

Halloween Aftermath

SJS Interview

The Carters

Production team changes

Newcomer Terry

Sam Womack signs new deal

dullagj2 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 01-11-2013, 00:56
dullagj2
Forum Member

THIS Is Your EastEnders LIFE: MICHAEL MOON

A smooth operator with an eye for a quick buck, Michael likes danger - and takes big risks to ensure he gets his own way...Michael has all the charming characteristics of his cousin Alfie, but with a more sinister edge. Though he's a chancer, Alfie has a good heart. Does Michael even have one?

First appearance: 1st October 2010
Address: 23 Albert Square

Names: It's always Michael, never Mike, Mikey, Mick or Mickey
Football team: West Ham
Likes: being in control, manipulating, donning vitriol to the various plebs that inhabit the Square, oogling women's bottoms and sitting in his armchair scheming. Sometimes quotes Mao and twists nipples.
Dislikes: tracksuits, chips, Janine, Ronnie, Daniel (virus with shoes) & empathy
Prized possession: His St. Christopher
Achilles heel: His mother.
Favourite song: Gingham style
Favourite poet: Philip Larkin
Favourite drink: Scotch/Bloody Mary
Hobbies: Women, face twitching and making money from boxing/conning people
Education: Attended the same school as Max and Jack Branning and a PHD in psychopathy.
Kids: Tommy & Scarlett
Phrases: "Not the face!" (when involved in a dispute) and calling people by their full names. "Kathleen"

Michael loves danger and takes big risks to get his own way. He's also very competitive and flashy, with a manipulative, jealous nature. He wouldn’t think twice about screwing people over – even those he loves.
Love isn't something that comes easy for Michael. His relationship with son Tommy is lukewarm at best. However, in winning the heart of Janine, Michael showed his warmer side. Although he declared himself 'fond' of Janine, pushing her to rip up the prenup on her wedding day didn't give us much confidence in his motives, and Janine obviously saw this too when she delivered Michael an ultimatum; everything he desires (e.g. a massive suitcase of money) or her.
While Michael chose Janine, it was still not enough to banish the doubts she had about him out of her mind, and she departed The Sqaure, leaving Michael holding the baby. While there were doubts over Michael's ability to step up and be a dad to baby Scarlett, with the help of Kat and Alice (who developed a big old crush on Michael), he seems to have formed a strong bond wih his daughter.
Becoming a responsible parent hasn't changed his ways too much though. He didn't miss an opportunity to bed Kat (again) after hearing that Alfie had asked her for a divorce.
When Janine finally returned to The Square she took taken Scarlett from Michael and banned him from seeing her! Michael managed to manipulate his No.1 fan Alice into sneaking in daddy/daughter meetings... but the stress of this cloak and dagger behaviour became too much for Alice who blurted out the truth to Janine. Realising that she had been well and truly had, a furious Janine fled The Square again, promising Michael that he will never be part of his daughter’s life. But after a sneaky piece of reverse psychology from Michael, Janine has decided that she can’t keep away...
While Michael was initially furious at Alice, his feelings seemed to make a quick turnaround as he ended up bedding the besotted girl, but that was just another part of his manipulations. Alice seems to have forgiven him however and his main issue now is Danny Pennant, whose romantic entanglements with Janine is getting Michael jealous and frustrated as he finds Janine has bought half of his business.
Still jealous, Michael continues to manipulate a starry-eyed Alice despite her dating Tamwar, and is using every opportunity to upset things between the pair, so that he can continue to use Alice against Janine. However, when Alice discovered that Michael had started to delete messages from her phone, she returned to Tamwar with open arms. Is this one step too far, or will Michael manage to manipulate Alice again, as his battles with Janine escalate?
With Janine taking out an injunction on him, the battle has reached an almighty peak. But Michael continues to plot his next move, using an infatuated Alice to his advantage. Will his seducing of Alice lead to sweet revenge on Janine?

This Be The Verse
BY PHILIP LARKIN

They **** you up, your mum and dad.
They may not mean to, but they do.
They fill you with the faults they had
And add some extra, just for you.

But they were ****ed up in their turn
By fools in old-style hats and coats,
Who half the time were soppy-stern
And half at one another’s throats.

Man hands on misery to man.
It deepens like a coastal shelf.
Get out as early as you can,
And don’t have any kids yourself.

Michael Moments:

Michael arrives

He tries to kiss Ronnie

He has a heart to heart with Ronnie

Michael upsets Roxy

Michael/Ronnie

Jack beats him up

Michael/Rainie

Heart to heart with Eddie

Janine/Michael

"Not the face"

Michael after his beating from Derek

Michael proposes

Jean/Michael

Jean/Michael bathroom confrontation

His wedding to Janine

Michael/Janine hospital

Pub brawl

Janine exits

Janine returns

Michael loses it in the pub/breaks down in the gym

Janine leaves/he threatens Alice

Sleeps with Alice

Michael/Amy ~15:00

Joey punches him

Michael/Janine

Tries to strangle Janine

Alice knees Michael

The Many Faces of Michael Moon:

Angry

Look into my eyes

Seductive

Content

Serious

Tempted

Cold

Scheming

Seething

Caring father

Smirking

Lost little boy

Creepy

He's just seen a three-legged cat

Pain

He's behind you...

You talking to me?

Pensive

Comforting

Cross-eyed

Oops that's not him.....

People That Didn't Make It Out of Walford Alive...:

Reg Cox

Lou Beale

Tiffany Mitchell

Ethel Skinner

Jamie Mitchell

Trevor & Tom

Barry Evans

Laura Beale

Den Watts

Nana Moon

Dennis Rickman

Pauline Fowler

Mad May Wright

Jase Dyer

Wellard

Danielle Jones

Archie Mitchell

Bradley Branning

Lydia Simmonds

Yusef Khan

Pat Evans

Heather Trott

Derek Branning

Hope everyone enjoys the episode and has a great weekend!
Old 01-11-2013, 00:56
Sez_babe
Forum Member

It only seems right that my 100,000 post is one that is in Michael Moon’s final episode thread. A character that I have loved and admired for the last three years.

I won’t actually be able to watch the episode live, but I will be watching later on and of course, giving my judgement on whatever ends up happening.

I remember starting his appreciation thread and seeing all the posts about how awful he was! How times have changed His angst, his pent up emotion and underneath it all, his vulnerability are all the things that drew me to him as I knew that he was going to be an interesting character – which he certainly has been!! He’s kept me and all the other MMooners chatting on his appreciation thread – which has been lovely to be a part of and I know we’ll keep chatting even after tonight.

My favourite scenes of his have been when he is vulnerable. Michael crying in the gym and telling Kat and Alice that he didn’t want to have children because you end up loving them and then they end up hurting you was particularly poignant.

His quirky scenes, his one-liners and his facial expressions are things that no other character will be able to pull off. To be able to steal a scene from one look is not an easy thing to do.

Michael Moon - you have been amazing. Steve John Shepherd – good luck for the future and thank you for playing, in my opinion, the best character in Eastenders history.

Sez_babe
Sez_babe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:00
priscilla
Forum Member

Brilliant thread title great Steve.

Really emotional for this ep, just don't want this to be the end it's come to quickly.
SJS has been truly amazing for making Michael who he is, for me an EE legend. BK thank you for introducing Michael as a character.
priscilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:17
Bomani channing
Inactive Member

Brilliant thread title .
came here to post just that
Bomani channing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:30
SteveOwen
Forum Member

Wow, Dullagj, you've excelled yourself with this thread! Thanks for all of your effort and thanks for listening to my suggestion for the thread title!

Sez - congrats on 100,000 posts!!! And only 99,000 of them about a certain Mr. Moon!
SteveOwen is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:49
dullagj2
Forum Member

It only seems right that my 100,000 post is one that is in Michael Moon’s final episode thread. A character that I have loved and admired for the last three years.

I won’t actually be able to watch the episode live, but I will be watching later on and of course, giving my judgement on whatever ends up happening.

I remember starting his appreciation thread and seeing all the posts about how awful he was! How times have changed His angst, his pent up emotion and underneath it all, his vulnerability are all the things that drew me to him as I knew that he was going to be an interesting character – which he certainly has been!! He’s kept me and all the other MMooners chatting on his appreciation thread – which has been lovely to be a part of and I know we’ll keep chatting even after tonight.

My favourite scenes of his have been when he is vulnerable. Michael crying in the gym and telling Kat and Alice that he didn’t want to have children because you end up loving them and then they end up hurting you was particularly poignant.

His quirky scenes, his one-liners and his facial expressions are things that no other character will be able to pull off. To be able to steal a scene from one look is not an easy thing to do.

Michael Moon - you have been amazing. Steve John Shepherd – good luck for the future and thank you for playing, in my opinion, the best character in Eastenders history.

Sez_babe
Aw massive congrats Sez!! It's quite apt that you made your 100,000th post today, here's to the next 100k! I remember you being one of his sole supporters and now most people like him, kudos to SJS!

Brilliant thread title great Steve.

Really emotional for this ep, just don't want this to be the end it's come to quickly.
SJS has been truly amazing for making Michael who he is, for me an EE legend. BK thank you for introducing Michael as a character.
Thanks priscilla.

Wow, Dullagj, you've excelled yourself with this thread! Thanks for all of your effort and thanks for listening to my suggestion for the thread title!

Sez - congrats on 100,000 posts!!! And only 99,000 of them about a certain Mr. Moon! :
Thanks Steve.

BIB
Old 01-11-2013, 01:51
IanMandy
Forum Member

Thanks for the thread
IanMandy is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 02:36
PrincessPerfect
Forum Member

Epic thread dullag

Michael's been my favourite character these last few years, and SJS has really bought the character to life in a way I don't think anyone else could have. I've loved to see the emotionally vulnerable, yet twisted, cunning, deluded and ultimately selfish personality of Michael Moon, and how it's evolved over the last 3 years. I've loved Michael's infamous 'faces' and his cynical, but truthful remarks about other characters. He's one of the few things of interest, and success in the Kirkwood & Newman era. And tonight I pay tribute to this amazing character. He always lit up my screen and I'll miss MM on EE.
PrincessPerfect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:27
klendathu
Forum Member

Awesome work Dullag !

It's going to be a huge show tonight . I will miss the great Michael Moon .

Surely SJS should get some awards for an oustanding performance

20:00 hrs don't be late
klendathu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:52
mr muggles
Forum Member

Love the reference to Echo & The Bunnymen...
mr muggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:15
Oldnjaded
Forum Member

Hi dj Just popped in to say congrats on an awesome and brilliantly titled thread. Epic.

I'll be watching tonight as Michael and Janine are the only characters I really like and I'm not going to see either of them for much longer.

And massive congrats to sez_babe on 100,000 posts - a tally I can only dream of. Well done you.
Oldnjaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:22
xTonix
Forum Member

Luv the thread DJ

Michael his last episode. Looking forward to tonight's episode.
xTonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:22
all_night
Forum Member

Anyone who watched Daybreak this morning would have had the surprise ruined following last night's cliffhanger.

Still, looking forward to tonight.
all_night is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:34
ilovenicnacs
Forum Member

Epic thread dullag as befits the legend who is Michael Moon...

Glad they have got a top notch writer on board to do him justice.

I'm really going to miss him with his one liners and sheer oddness! He stuck out like a sore thumb in the square but it certainly got him noticed, He will be one of those characters remembered for years to come, RIP "Dark Lord"

Only one gripe - it HAD to have a bloody Branning in it didn't it
ilovenicnacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:34
Ice dragon1
Forum Member

Thanks for the thread dj this is going to be a pretty emotional episode for me as I've really grown to like Michael. I think I may have been one of those who wasn't sure about him first of all, but after a while he really grew on me. Maybe it was his awesome one liners or that evil little smile he pulls who knows, the fact is am really going to miss him, he's hoping this is a fitting end to a great character I can't wait.

Oh and congrats Sez on your 1000 post
Ice dragon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:42
xTonix
Forum Member

Yep, congrats Sez on your 100,000 post.
xTonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:53
Sez_babe
Forum Member

Thanks everyone
Old 01-11-2013, 10:32
Seamus2008
Forum Member

Can't bloody wait for tonight, it's gonna be EPIC!

Thanks for the thread dullagj2, very intricate and perfect to celebrate the complex sociopath legend that is Michael Moon.

And happy 100,000th post Sez! Whoop-whoop!
Seamus2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:45
Sez_babe
Forum Member

Thanks

As I say, I won't be watching live Will watch later on though
Old 01-11-2013, 10:49
bumpandgrind
Forum Member

The Killing Moon – such a great song!
bumpandgrind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:52
bumpandgrind
Forum Member

Congrats Sez - here's me nearing my 7,000th!
bumpandgrind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:08
Ice dragon1
Forum Member

Congrats Sez - here's me nearing my 7,000th!
Hay that's still something congrats
Ice dragon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:10
jarzo
Forum Member

I think more than ever I'm going to miss Michael sitting in his chair. I mean quite honestly has anyone ever sat in a chair better?
jarzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:18
Sez_babe
Forum Member

I think more than ever I'm going to miss Michael sitting in his chair. I mean quite honestly has anyone ever sat in a chair better?
Yeh his chair sitting is brilliant - adds so much to his thinkings!