Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

fearne cotton - the most tallented young woman in the UK

Old 12-11-2013, 23:05
ChrisJamesSats
Forum Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6M93SDCl-g

Is this Fearne Cotton at the beginning or have I had too many lagers?
ChrisJamesSats is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 12-11-2013, 23:33
Brighton Bhelle
Inactive Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6M93SDCl-g

Is this Fearne Cotton at the beginning or have I had too many lagers?
The Oasis footage is from 1995, so unless Fearne was doing TV at 14, the footage at the beginning with Tuffers is recent.
Brighton Bhelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2013, 23:06
pwuz
Inactive Member

The company she keeps is disturbing.
pwuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2013, 23:08
21stCenturyBoy
Forum Member

What a dreadful thing to say

I take it, of course, that you're making insinuations based on her relationship with Ian Watkins?
21stCenturyBoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2013, 23:11
bornslippy
Forum Member

well done. be very proud of yourself
bornslippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2013, 23:21
pwuz
Inactive Member

What a dreadful thing to say

I take it, of course, that you're making insinuations based on her relationship with Ian Watkins?
your not allowed to talk about that...

Talking about Moyles.

Not impressed she's been linked to slave trade slurs
Old 26-11-2013, 23:27
bornslippy
Forum Member

generally I would support the right to talk. I would engage in foxing DM on many many occasions. But pwuz, this is not a game, this is one of the most utterly utterly vile things ever reported in most peoples' lifetimes. you need to stop.
Old 26-11-2013, 23:27
Jon Ross
Forum Member

well done. be very proud of yourself
Shouldn't you be on Facebook harassing H from Steps?
Jon Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2013, 23:34
pwuz
Inactive Member

generally I would support the right to talk. I would engage in foxing DM on many many occasions. But pwuz, this is not a game, this is one of the most utterly utterly vile things ever reported in most peoples' lifetimes. you need to stop.
We shouldn't talk about things if they are vile?

They should just be silenced and forgotten?
Old 26-11-2013, 23:35
Jon Ross
Forum Member

They should just be silenced and forgotten?
That's the position a lot of people take. Brush it under the carpet, write them out of history, pretend they never happened. Easier to do that than to confront the truth and complexity of human behaviours.
Old 26-11-2013, 23:36
21stCenturyBoy
Forum Member

It's one thing discussing it, it's quite another to be making thinly veiled accusations about somebody not involved with the case at all.

There's no other reason why you'd bump an old thread on today of all days.
21stCenturyBoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2013, 23:39
bornslippy
Forum Member

Jon, I do not accept, under any condition, circumstance or context, that rolled eyes smilies are appropriate here. The guy on the other thread did not respond to your comments. I suggest he may have deliberately distanced himself from your 3 grin smilies and that is to his credit. The gravity of this does not allow for banter, irony, satire, whether it is knowing, whether it is tangental or otherwise. I appreciate you hold a different view. I implore you to consider, just this time, that you may be wrong
Old 26-11-2013, 23:41
Jon Ross
Forum Member

Jon, I do not accept, under any condition, circumstance or context, that rolled eyes smilies are appropriate here. The guy on the other thread did not respond to your comments. I suggest he may have deliberately distanced himself from your 3 grin smilies and that is to his credit. The gravity of this does not allow for banter, irony, satire, whether it is knowing, whether it is tangental or otherwise. I appreciate you hold a different view. I implore you to consider, just this time, that you may be wrong
I don't agree with you but I appreciate the care you put into writing a sensible and eloquent post instead of name-calling like last time.
Old 26-11-2013, 23:42
pwuz
Inactive Member

It's one thing discussing it, it's quite another to be making thinly veiled accusations about somebody not involved with the case at all.

There's no other reason why you'd bump an old thread on today of all days.
I haven't accused anyone. She's pictured right at the top of the daily mail.
Old 26-11-2013, 23:44
pwuz
Inactive Member

That's the position a lot of people take. Brush it under the carpet, write them out of history, pretend they never happened. Easier to do that than to confront the truth and complexity of human behaviours.
That's the thing I find more disturbing,

Something awful has happened, let's try to ignore it, forget about it, not talk about it and let it all happen again.
Old 26-11-2013, 23:45
Caligula75
Forum Member

She has been off her radio one slot a lot recently.

I'm old school, so prefer Sara Cox big time. Enjoyed Fearne's maternity leave. And today I liked Gemma Cairney over her. In fact I enjoy the ten to one slot every time Fearne is away. I keep hoping the power that be get it. She sucks. She has no personality. She's a sycophant and her anecdotes are tired and false. Nothing natural. I can't believe She got the live lounge after the wonder that is Jo Whiley. I must be old as I simply don't get her appeal...
Caligula75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2013, 23:47
Jon Ross
Forum Member

That's the thing I find more disturbing,

Something awful has happened, let's try to ignore it, forget about it, not talk about it and let it all happen again.
You and I are on the same page.

We will never, as a species, be able to deal with the worst aspects of human behaviour until we can approach it in a considered, measured and realistic way.
Old 26-11-2013, 23:51
Tribute
Inactive Member

You've gotta love internet white knights.
Tribute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2013, 23:53
Caligula75
Forum Member

Oh and the lost prophets furore.

Fearne most likely was associated to him as he's a 'rock star' the same way she's with Ronnie Woods son whatever his name is. I don't see why she's being linked to him it was probably a 'oh look how cool I am I'm with a musician cuz I'm so cool' moment for Fearne. As she's that see through.

When I think of that particular case that has been in court today I don't think of the celebrity juice loser. She just hitched herself to wrong one that year.
Caligula75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2013, 23:54
Jon Ross
Forum Member

You've gotta love internet white knights.
Better to be an internet white knight than an internet troll (not suggesting you are BTW - but there's a lot of them).
Old 27-11-2013, 01:16
boddism
Forum Member

She most likely didnt have A CLUE about his real nature and the poor girl probably feels sick at the mo.

She has nothing to be ashamed about, these "people" dupe a lot of friends and family to disguise their depravity.

IM not a fan of hers, but no-one should attack her for this. She has done nothing wrong.
boddism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2013, 01:24
Jon Ross
Forum Member

She most likely didnt have A CLUE about his real nature and the poor girl probably feels sick at the mo.

She has nothing to be ashamed about, these "people" dupe a lot of friends and family to disguise their depravity.

IM not a fan of hers, but no-one should attack her for this. She has done nothing wrong.
That's a fair point. Louis Theroux doesn't deny saying he enjoyed his time spent with Jimmy Savile.
Old 27-11-2013, 02:25
SuperAPJ
Forum Member

It's not that but the fact that, at present, it remains illegal to discuss the case on here. Unless everyone goes back to talking about the original topic, this thread's going to get locked.
SuperAPJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2013, 06:19
PenelopePopcorn
Forum Member

I could never understand why FC had got as far as she has with next to no talent until someone pointed out her second name.

Nepotism imho.

If nepotism explains Ferne's success - how do you explain Peaches' success?
PenelopePopcorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2013, 07:56
pwuz
Inactive Member

It's not that but the fact that, at present, it remains illegal to discuss the case on here. Unless everyone goes back to talking about the original topic, this thread's going to get locked.
It's not illegal to talk about that case as hes pleaded guilty, but the strange people that moderate this forum will delete if we talk about it..

Anyway back to fearne, she's all over the papers today, wonder how long till she returns to radio 1? or if she ever will?