Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

PS4 Pre-Orders-Delivered by 29th?

Old 05-11-2013, 19:17
steven123
Forum Member

Was just wondering, do online retailers get the PS4 console stock in advance of the official release on 29th? As surely in order to deliver it by that date they need to at the very least be able to ship on 28th? (assuming a next day service which I doubt they would all pay the premium to use). I know this is pretty much normal practice for games to release in this manner but never thought about it before in regard to consoles.

If they couldn't ship until the 29th then most people wouldn't actually get it until the following week (few couriers deliver on Saturdays), which would be rather annoying for those who ordered several months in advance.
steven123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 05-11-2013, 19:31
chopoff
Forum Member

Yes they do.
chopoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 13:57
willowfan
Forum Member

Of course they get them in advance. They may even already have them in their warehouses (though probably not quite yet).
willowfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 14:00
jwball
Forum Member

I can say they are in the Argos distribution warehouse.
jwball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 18:53
akhenaten
Forum Member

Was just wondering, do online retailers get the PS4 console stock in advance of the official release on 29th? As surely in order to deliver it by that date they need to at the very least be able to ship on 28th? (assuming a next day service which I doubt they would all pay the premium to use). I know this is pretty much normal practice for games to release in this manner but never thought about it before in regard to consoles.

If they couldn't ship until the 29th then most people wouldn't actually get it until the following week (few couriers deliver on Saturdays), which would be rather annoying for those who ordered several months in advance.
It wold be annoying to me as i have booked the 29th and the 30th of as holiday.
akhenaten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 19:31
Blizzards
Forum Member

Most certainly, it works just the same as it does with game releases, but obviously a much much more higher demand, so I suspect retailers have already recieved their first load of stock or expecting it very soon.

If you pre-ordered online before the 6th of August then you will receive your console on the day of release, so yes retailers will be dispatching before the release day with the intention that it will get to you on the launch date, I highly doubt retailers will cope with dispatching them all in the same day, so they will probably begin even earlier.
Blizzards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 20:40
Rich_L
Forum Member

How many do you reckon you've got?
Rich_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 21:19
chopoff
Forum Member

Really? Seems quite early!

I know they've started pitching up at US retailers but they've only 9 days to go.
Old 06-11-2013, 22:31
whoever,hey
Forum Member

How many do you reckon you've got?

I'm not surprised they are in warehouses already. Only a couple of weeks to go now.
whoever,hey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 23:27
originalrobski
Forum Member

my mate had a ps4 copy of ghosts turn up today from amazon, and by all accounts he isnt the only one.

would be nice if they accidently sent out the consoles early wouldnt it
originalrobski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 01:32
Andre_Figueroa
Forum Member

They hit USA distribution centers today and will ship to retail locations by next week so they should get them any day now ! It's time to get excited and make room for it in your entertainment centers !
Andre_Figueroa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 14:15
CJClarke
Forum Member

my mate had a ps4 copy of ghosts turn up today from amazon, and by all accounts he isnt the only one.

would be nice if they accidently sent out the consoles early wouldnt it
That's actually a late delivery, not early. The PS4 version of the game was released along with the last gen and PC versions on Tuesday.
CJClarke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 14:22
matdevine21
Forum Member

A good majority of the consoles are in secure warehouses in the uk and currently be distrubuted.

It would be impossible to deliver them all at once as well as security risks.
matdevine21 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 14:45
steven123
Forum Member

A good majority of the consoles are in secure warehouses in the uk and currently be distrubuted.

It would be impossible to deliver them all at once as well as security risks.
Yeah, that makes sense, I guess when I think about it that's the only way it would be workable really. Wonder then if some people will get it a bit earlier with the variance you can get in courier deliveries, as I buy a lot (and sell a lot) online and know that delivery times can vary quite a bit so could see some people getting them a bit earlier e.g. day before and some a bit later (potentially pushing it into next week). Then again I do tend to use cheap couriers , they would (hopefully) use a 24 or 48 hour guaranteed one for something like this.

Must be annoying for those who have the game sitting there and nowt to play it on, I will probably end up with NFS Rivals before the console as I believe it comes out 22nd, never known a launch where the games precede the console before.
steven123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 18:26
chopoff
Forum Member

http://distilleryimage9.s3.amazonaws...0aaa053e_8.jpg
Old 07-11-2013, 20:53
Rich_L
Forum Member

One of those is mine!!
Old 07-11-2013, 20:55
Rich_L
Forum Member

Wonder if there is a pic of a bunch of Xbox ones stacked up? Do they even exist yet??!!!!
Old 08-11-2013, 00:47
chopoff
Forum Member

Amazon is prepared.

https://scontent-a-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/...39999253_n.jpg
Old 08-11-2013, 05:47
Rich_L
Forum Member

One of those is mine then!!!