Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

My iPhone feeling dated now....

Old 05-11-2013, 22:37
thebtman
Forum Member

Been installing some kit for a customer as as part of that kit we used a Sony Xperia SP.

Can't get over what a good phone it is for 230, my new iPhone is feeling really dated now, even compared to this relatively cheap phone. The clunky home button and lack of connectivity options and general closed off nature of the software are also quite annoying. Not too mention the over pricing and in the latest form the poor build quality.

I'm pretty sure my next phone will not be an Apple iPhone....unless they stop pissing about and put some proper spec into the phone and unlock the boot loader for people to jailbreak if they want to.
thebtman is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 05-11-2013, 23:19
swordman
Forum Member

Me thinks someone is having a little troll here.

Previously you claimed iOS was the most successful os on the market and people love it for its ease of use. That was whilst also claiming to own an s4, now suddenly the sp makes your iPhone 5 look old

So which is it then? Perhaps you were just talking nonsense previously, that it?
swordman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 23:22
jabbamk1
Forum Member

Previously you claimed iOS was the most successful os on the market and people love it for its ease of use. That was whilst also claiming to own an s4, now suddenly the sp makes your iPhone 5 look old

So which is it then? Perhaps you were just talking nonsense previously, that it?
Bloody hell. First post and this thread is already a another one of those debate threads!
jabbamk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 23:31
swordman
Forum Member

How did you work that out, I would describe my post as exactly the opposite.
Old 05-11-2013, 23:39
thebtman
Forum Member

No that's what you are doing. I have no need or desire to explain myself to you or anyone else.

If you don't like a thread don't engage in it.
Old 05-11-2013, 23:50
swordman
Forum Member

I won't be from this point on have no doubt, you carry on my man with your new found wisdom
Old 05-11-2013, 23:59
thebtman
Forum Member

Now that Swordman has gone....to clarify:

The point of the thread was that my 600 phone felt not much better built than a 230 one and that aspects of the SP hardware felt just as good. That surprised me.

I have a lot of phones through my hands because of what I do. I'd expect a 450 Android phone to feel better or as good as my iPhone, but not a 230 one.

I am not trolling, just giving my thoughts as they are at the moment.
Old 06-11-2013, 09:32
Zee_Bukhari
Forum Member

you can get much better Android and Windows Phone's for half the price and better specs, why people still buy the overpriced iPhone is beyond me, I learnt when the iPhone 4 was my first and last.
Zee_Bukhari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 16:28
pericom
Forum Member

Competition for Apple has stepped up within the past 12 months.

iPhones are no longer value for money, the sooner iSheeple realise that, only then will apple start lowering their prices.
pericom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 17:39
Stiggles
Forum Member

I don't know about that!

My dad who is an absolute apple nutjob played with my Nexus 5 today and is now thinking of ditching his 5S for an Nexus 5!

He said he thinks the N5 felt better in the hand, the screen he said looked much nicer and he thought the whole phone just looks nicer. He also liked the way Android worked and how i could customise it whichever way i liked.
Stiggles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 18:12
Lidtop2013
Forum Member

I don't know about that!

My dad who is an absolute apple nutjob played with my Nexus 5 today and is now thinking of ditching his 5S for an Nexus 5!

He said he thinks the N5 felt better in the hand, the screen he said looked much nicer and he thought the whole phone just looks nicer. He also liked the way Android worked and how i could customise it whichever way i liked.
Did he also like how he couldnt slip the N5 into his pocket and forget about it?

Might be a great phone but for me anything bigger than a iphone 5/5S is too big to pocket comfortably
Lidtop2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 18:34
Stiggles
Forum Member

Did he also like how he couldnt slip the N5 into his pocket and forget about it?

Might be a great phone but for me anything bigger than a iphone 5/5S is too big to pocket comfortably
Funny, i had it in my pocket earlier and i didn't notice it being there at all. I also last night had it in my work trousers and didnt notice it being there.

Neither did i with my 4S, S3, Nexus 4....etc
Old 06-11-2013, 19:21
Kenny Maclean
Forum Member

I can comfortably fit my HTC One in my pocket too without any problem and not notice it.

The size comments are very similar to the "the iphone screen is the perfect size, we don't want / need a bigger screen"....... until apple made the screen a bit bigger. What's the bets that when apple to increase the screen size (probably taking it to the same size as the S4 and One) all these comments will be forgotten and the new size phone will also be perfect?
Kenny Maclean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 19:26
Mystic Eddy
Forum Member

I can comfortably fit my HTC One in my pocket too without any problem and not notice it.

The size comments are very similar to the "the iphone screen is the perfect size, we don't want / need a bigger screen"....... until apple made the screen a bit bigger. What's the bets that when apple to increase the screen size (probably taking it to the same size as the S4 and One) all these comments will be forgotten and the new size phone will also be perfect?
They were stating their personal preference, not an excuse for you start needlessly Apple bashing.
Mystic Eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 19:31
alanwarwic
Forum Member

..The point of the thread was that my 600 phone felt not much better built than a 230 one ..
Well it might have been 600 but we are well in the 2nd decade and the screens used in the likes of the Nexus 5 are theoretically now 2.85 times as good/expensive.
alanwarwic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 20:00
Stiggles
Forum Member

They were stating their personal preference, not an excuse for you start needlessly Apple bashing.
It's not apple bashing. He has a very good point. 3.5" was the perfect size. Now its 4"! Mac users don't see a need for card readers in their macbooks. Now they wouldn't be without it.
Old 06-11-2013, 20:08
Lidtop2013
Forum Member

with my 4S, S3, Nexus 4....etc
All of which are smaller than the new N5, correct me if im wrong

As said above, this is just my personal preference, and that is yours, which is fine
Lidtop2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 20:27
KieranDS
Forum Member

Yes, the screen size changed but it didn't change the size of the phone drastically, only by a few mm.

That's probably why a big deal hasn't been made out of the size change.
KieranDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 21:18
Stuart_h
Forum Member

post bookmarked for when Apple bring out their rumoured bigger phone next year
Stuart_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 21:21
Stiggles
Forum Member

post bookmarked for when Apple bring out their rumoured bigger phone next year
Old 06-11-2013, 22:47
calico_pie
Forum Member

Competition for Apple has stepped up within the past 12 months.

iPhones are no longer value for money, the sooner iSheeple realise that, only then will apple start lowering their prices.
Sorry if I'm being dim, but what are iSheeple?
calico_pie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 22:50
calico_pie
Forum Member

It's not apple bashing. He has a very good point. 3.5" was the perfect size. Now its 4"! Mac users don't see a need for card readers in their macbooks. Now they wouldn't be without it.
Did any one person you know claim that 3.5" was the perfect size and claim that 4" was the perfect size?

Did any one person you know say both that they didn't need a card reader and say that they wouldn't be without it?
Old 06-11-2013, 22:51
finbaar
Forum Member

All of which are smaller than the new N5, correct me if im wrong

As said above, this is just my personal preference, and that is yours, which is fine
It is my pleasure to correct you because you are wrong. The N5 is the tallest. The S3 is the widest and the N4 is the thickest. But they are all very similar in size.

For the screen size the iPhone 5s is a big device. It has huge bezels which is very poor design.
finbaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 22:54
finbaar
Forum Member

Did any one person you know claim that 3.5" was the perfect size and claim that 4" was the perfect size?

Did any one person you know say both that they didn't need a card reader and say that they wouldn't be without it?
Yes. Next.
finbaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 22:59
calico_pie
Forum Member

I'll bite...

What exactly did they say?