Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

tdotd after party

Old 08-11-2013, 14:57
adams66
Forum Member

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s7/do...-for-50th.html

Much as I'm really pleased that the BBC is broadcasting tons of Doctor Who stuff in the next few weeks, do we really need another programme in the style of the Capaldi unveiling? I mean, did someone at the BBC really sit down after that cheesefest and say, 'Now THAT was quality TV, let's do it again!'

Surely this BBC3 After Party will only consist of minor celebs waffling on about how much they enjoyed TDOTD. This is exactly what most of us fans will be doing in the comfort of our own homes. Do we really need Zoe Ball and, god help us, bloody Rufus Hound, to do it on TV?
adams66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 08-11-2013, 15:10
Ed Sizzers
Forum Member

Before
"Boo, there's not enough Doctor Who programming about the anniversary, the BBC/Moffat/Everyone hates the show, this is the worst anniversary ever!!!"

After
"Boo, why are they putting on another show to celebrate Doctor Who that might have a few celebrities on it that I don't like. Bloody BBC/Moffat/Everyone should have exactly the same taste as me. And my TV does not have an off switch. And always gets stuck on BBC3 at 9.05 on a saturday night!!!"

Ed Sizzers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 15:14
adams66
Forum Member

I'm not being a grouch about this. Not at all - I'm really looking forward to just about everything that the BBC is broadcasting - Gatiss' drama and the Brian Cox programme especially, plus there's tons of really interesting stuff coming up on BBC radio too.
It's just that a Live Party type show seems rather pointless to me, isn't the sort of thing that interests me, and I don't think that this sort of show does Doctor Who any favours.
My TV won't be tuning to it, but if yours does then, seriously, I hope you enjoy the show.
adams66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 15:46
Thrombin
Forum Member

Documentaries, Dramas, Old Who, New Who, Science Programmes and Chat Shows are all very well but if the 50th is a celebration then it's only reasonable that we see a celebration. A party to celebrate

I reckon I'll give it a go, assuming I haven't burnt out by then
Thrombin is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 17:58
Ben_Freeman
Forum Member

Does anyone reckon the will be broadcast from the convention
Ben_Freeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 18:32
Pointy
Forum Member

This will be a pleasant piece of fluff. Doctor Who is meant to be fun.
Pointy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 01:28
JAS84
Forum Member

And maybe they'll reveal something about Christmas? CIN can't do the prologue they often do, because the telethon is before DOTD.
JAS84 is offline   Reply With Quote