Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Are Little Mix The UK's Best Girlband?

Old 11-11-2013, 20:29
AdzPower
Forum Member

The original poster stated 2013. The Spice Girls are not around now
The OP never stated that in their original post.

But anyways, right now I think The Saturdays are better, more talented, a larger back catalogue of better songs.

BUT Little Mix have a lot of potential, if they're still here making good quality albums in 4/5 years then we'll see.
AdzPower is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 11-11-2013, 20:30
wise-up
Forum Member

Yep definitely the best current girlband here. I like the saturdays but they seem to not have their own sound, I know dna was all over the place genre wise but this album is more cohesive and they have their own identity now. The saturdays are doing dance songs like all fired up, pop songs like higher and then more old school stuff like gentleman. They keep changing They have been out years so should have their own sound by now.
wise-up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 20:32
fkinhell
Forum Member

Meh. They won the X Fagtor therefore they can't be any good.
fkinhell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 20:37
TheWireRules
Forum Member

Better than The Supremes imo.
TheWireRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 22:45
Jevito416
Forum Member

It's not that difficult for them to be successful when they won what seems like one of the biggest competition shows in the UK. That platform is available for them to return & promote their music on. Plus it looks like they've got pretty good management behind them.

Since some of you guys brought up The Saturdays, I will say that (although they have had success) they are often times discredited by people because they're not AS successful as I guess other girlbands (including Little Mix). That being said, their management isn't as good & it seems like they can't book those big gigs like X-Factor & stuff.

So commercially, at the present moment, Little Mix are the most successful.
Jevito416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 22:55
ll_Calypso_ll
Forum Member

The OP never stated that in their original post.

But anyways, right now I think The Saturdays are better, more talented, a larger back catalogue of better songs.

BUT Little Mix have a lot of potential, if they're still here making good quality albums in 4/5 years then we'll see.
In what world? Their vocals are, quite frankly, dismal in most performances (with the possible exception of Vanessa, but she's seriously inconsistent.)
ll_Calypso_ll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 23:43
ashtray88
Forum Member

Yes, I would say they are the best girlband worldwide.
ashtray88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 23:50
Makson
Forum Member

I would say The Saturdays have more "star quality" than Little Mix, and more tabloid-friendly.
Makson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 00:06
avon942
Forum Member

Yes, I would say they are the best girlband worldwide.
Agreed.
avon942 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 00:59
Ramo1234
Forum Member

NO They are completely rubbish and annoying.
Ramo1234 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 01:08
avon942
Forum Member

NO They are completely rubbish and annoying.
NO they are not. They may not be to your taste but to call them completely rubbish is frankly well.....completely rubbish.
avon942 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 01:51
Nissl
Forum Member

Yep. I love what they're doing vocally, while I don't really connect to the Saturdays. The only other ones of note, I think, are Stooshe and MKS, and while I do like Stooshe's vocals both of those groups seem to be in limbo a bit.

That said LM still have plenty of room to mature lyrically.
Nissl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 09:30
AdzPower
Forum Member

In what world? Their vocals are, quite frankly, dismal in most performances (with the possible exception of Vanessa, but she's seriously inconsistent.)
Wow, what a load of crap.
Old 12-11-2013, 11:16
Mark-Anthony
Forum Member

Agreed. I really like Una's voice though but Little Mix are better vocalists individually and collectively (those harmonies!!) than the Saturdays IMO
Plus I think from DNA to Salute LM have progressed loads as LM whereas The Saturdays seem to chase whatever trend is out there to get a hit instead of developing the sound they had ln Chasing Lights which was a great album

Last edited by Mark-Anthony : 12-11-2013 at 11:19. Reason: Spelling
Mark-Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 11:39
Ronell_Davis
Forum Member

Of the Girl Groups that are out at the moment I think they are .
Ronell_Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 11:58
MrMeatAndPotato
Forum Member

Not really saying much is it...
MrMeatAndPotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 12:00
cnbcwatcher
Forum Member

Since some of you guys brought up The Saturdays, I will say that (although they have had success) they are often times discredited by people because they're not AS successful as I guess other girlbands (including Little Mix). That being said, their management isn't as good & it seems like they can't book those big gigs like X-Factor & stuff.
I love The Saturdays but I don't like their management. They don't seem to be all that good. The management keeps releasing the wrong singles. Disco Love should have remained an album track. IMO it's one of their weakest singles.
cnbcwatcher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 12:23
ursula321
Forum Member

I don't like their music but I do think they have to be one of the most unattractive girl bands I've seen.
ursula321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 12:50
Wouie Lalsh
Forum Member

MKS - the original Sugababes are back and better than ever.

Next year they will prove they are the best in the UK
Wouie Lalsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 13:14
AdzPower
Forum Member

Agreed. I really like Una's voice though but Little Mix are better vocalists individually and collectively (those harmonies!!) than the Saturdays IMO
Plus I think from DNA to Salute LM have progressed loads as LM whereas The Saturdays seem to chase whatever trend is out there to get a hit instead of developing the sound they had ln Chasing Lights which was a great album
The Saturdays' harmonies are far superior to anything Little Mix can produce imo. And Una, Rochelle and Vanessa are better vocalists than any of Little Mix, in terms of Tone, uniqueness and power.
Old 12-11-2013, 13:20
Ronell_Davis
Forum Member

The Saturdays' harmonies are far superior to anything Little Mix can produce imo. And Una, Rochelle and Vanessa are better vocalists than any of Little Mix, in terms of Tone, uniqueness and power.
I disagree Little Mix's harmonies are much tighter and stronger than The Saturdays are . I think they are individually strong singers as well although Rochelle Vanessa and Una are good singers as well.
Ronell_Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 13:21
ll_Calypso_ll
Forum Member

Wow, what a load of crap.
Oh okay, what an eloquent rebuttal.
ll_Calypso_ll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 13:29
musicfreak10
Forum Member

I like both bands (although I won't sit on the fence here), I do think Little Mix have much tighter harmonies then The Saturdays. Don't get me wrong The Saturdays can sing e.g Vanessa, Rochelle and Una but when it comes to them vocally as a group I think Little Mix are miles ahead. I think Frankie and Mollie are the weak links in The Sats and it really shows in their acoustic performances.

Another thing I want to add Little Mix tend to ALWAYS perform live even if they have a dance routine. I only ever see The Sats perform live acoustically. Just sayin'.
musicfreak10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 13:36
GibbyBlogger
Forum Member

I love Little Mix! Definitely my favourite girlband at the moment and their new album is outstanding! Another favourite of mine is a new group called Neon Jungle. They have a song out called 'Trouble' and a new one on the way called 'Braveheart', which sounds like another corker.
GibbyBlogger is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 13:39
Kiko H Fan
Forum Member

The UK's best girl band is Girlschool.
Kiko H Fan is offline   Reply With Quote