Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

iTunes separation issues

Old 11-11-2013, 19:09
GWJT06
Forum Member

Been spending hours on Google going round in circles with this. Long story short, I upgraded to iPhone 5s. Have an album full of singles I call "Downloaded." Since transferring to the new phone every song in the album displays as a separate album containing one song.
So far I've tried: clearing album artist to blank, ensuring every song has one disc and is the first song on that disc, toggling "part of a compilation" on/off, syncing till the cows come home.
Anyone have any other ideas before I head to Apple Store?
Thanks!
GWJT06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 11-11-2013, 19:18
chenks
Forum Member

do you want them all together in the one "album"?
if so, tick the "compilation" box and in "album artist" to "downloaded" in every track.
chenks is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 21:51
GWJT06
Forum Member

Thanks, will try that. I've never had to use Album Artist before, usually just leaving that blank and changing Album to "Downloaded" does the trick, but the 5s doesn't seem to like it.
Old 11-11-2013, 21:56
chenks
Forum Member

Thanks, will try that. I've never had to use Album Artist before, usually just leaving that blank and changing Album to "Downloaded" does the trick, but the 5s doesn't seem to like it.
it shouldn't make a difference, but it's worth a try.
might actually be worth zero-ing all the tags and doing it from scratch, just in case you've changed something else in a previous attempt that will screw it up.
Old 11-11-2013, 23:46
GWJT06
Forum Member

Still no joy. Tried "Downloaded" for Album Artist and Compilation on but still separates songs by the artist. If there's more than one song by an artist then they're grouped in the same album called "Downloaded" by e.g. Rihanna but I have 30 odd albums called "Downloaded" currently on my phone :/
Old 12-11-2013, 07:44
chenks
Forum Member

Still no joy. Tried "Downloaded" for Album Artist and Compilation on but still separates songs by the artist. If there's more than one song by an artist then they're grouped in the same album called "Downloaded" by e.g. Rihanna but I have 30 odd albums called "Downloaded" currently on my phone :/
are you making these changes within your itunes library on your pc/laptop?

you need to get it looking correct there first before re-sycning it back to the iphone.

as i said, i suggest you wipe all the tags and start again.