Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Remember the fallen!

Old 11-11-2013, 23:12
DevonBloke
Forum Member

Just thought I'd do a quick thread to remember the many thousands of people who are way braver then me and lost their lives in two world wars so that we are now free to argue on here about the amazing technology we take for granted every day.
It should be remembered just how different the world would be if they hadn't died for us.
I could run up and down my local high street shouting I hate the Queen or Milliband is a moron or Cameron is an idiot and the worst I would get is a slap on the wrists for a breach of the peace. There are still many places in the world where this would get you 20 years hard labour or shot.
A lot of amazing people died to give us this freedom.
Every single one of them is a hero in my eyes and I find this day every year extremely humbling.
DevonBloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 12-11-2013, 01:26
carguy143
Forum Member

Agreed.
carguy143 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 14:33
enapace
Forum Member

So True
enapace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 14:41
dangetti
Forum Member

true. When you think of all of us on the Three 4G thread posting 'December seems ages away still' for 4G yet consider what people have gone through it puts a lot of life into perspective
dangetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 17:16
cnbcwatcher
Forum Member

I agree.
cnbcwatcher is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 18:42
Playamonte
Forum Member

Just thought I'd do a quick thread to remember the many thousands of people who are way braver then me and lost their lives in two world wars so that we are now free to argue on here about the amazing technology we take for granted every day.
It should be remembered just how different the world would be if they hadn't died for us.
I could run up and down my local high street shouting I hate the Queen or Milliband is a moron or Cameron is an idiot and the worst I would get is a slap on the wrists for a breach of the peace. There are still many places in the world where this would get you 20 years hard labour or shot.
A lot of amazing people died to give us this freedom.
Every single one of them is a hero in my eyes and I find this day every year extremely humbling.
Understand where you are comming from, but ?
No one died in the first world war for our freedom, the "vast bulk" died because the landed gentry/politicians/those with the power to make things happen decided to reshape the map.
Great war ?, obscene war it should have been called & watching The Somme on Ch4 the other night made me quite angry looking at that industrial slaughter of some many lives ...............for nothing !
Nothing for the working classes that was, where the "vast bulk" of those to die came from.
Playamonte is offline   Reply With Quote