Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Xbox one gold subscribers to get free games

Old 15-11-2013, 07:40
ixHellstormx
Forum Member

Xbox Live Gold members on Xbox One to get free games monthly. Let's hope for those getting the console that the games being offered will be on a par with those from PS+.
ixHellstormx is online now Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 15-11-2013, 08:15
brb
Forum Member

Xbox Live Gold members on Xbox One to get free games monthly. Let's hope for those getting the console that the games being offered will be on a par with those from PS+.
Considering the games offered on the 360 aren't spectaular (didn't they recently give out Assassins Creed 2, which PS+ was offering Assassins Creed 3?), I wouldn't hold my breath. But either way, I'm happy about free games!
brb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2013, 08:30
ixHellstormx
Forum Member

Considering the games offered on the 360 aren't spectaular (didn't they recently give out Assassins Creed 2, which PS+ was offering Assassins Creed 3?), I wouldn't hold my breath. But either way, I'm happy about free games!
Offering better games for free could be an incentive to those 'thinking' about upgrading to an xbox one. It would make sense to offer newer games than those being offered to 360 gold members. All we can do is wait and see how it goes but it is MS after all, so yeah, you could be right.
Old 15-11-2013, 13:20
chopoff
Forum Member

You missed out that this comes later in 2014.
chopoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2013, 13:59
GARETH197901
Forum Member

You missed out that this comes later in 2014.
so you can bet that the free games will be launch titles that have started to wane in sales
GARETH197901 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2013, 15:36
2Dshmuplover
Forum Member

I really hope not, I don't want game rentals hidden behind a paywall, I want full game ownership. Would much prefer if they gave away Indie games.
2Dshmuplover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2013, 17:16
Red Arrow
Forum Member

But if you always going to be paying for Live it shouldn't really matter if it's just a rental or not.

I've got PS+ and it really is the best thing I've paid for in a long time on a console. I don't care it's only a "rental", I will just finish the game before my sub runs out.
Red Arrow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2013, 17:25
GARETH197901
Forum Member

But if you always going to be paying for Live it shouldn't really matter if it's just a rental or not.

I've got PS+ and it really is the best thing I've paid for in a long time on a console. I don't care it's only a "rental", I will just finish the game before my sub runs out.
exactly,its not as if there is any resale value to a digital file anyway
GARETH197901 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2013, 17:29
2Dshmuplover
Forum Member

Maybe not to you but we're not all the same are we. I don't like the idea so I hope they continue to offer smaller free gifts.
2Dshmuplover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2013, 17:45
ixHellstormx
Forum Member

See that's the one thing I like about games for Gold on 360. Now that I have moved onto PC gaming, I can still play the games I got free, even when my sub runs out. Not as good as those you get with PS+ but it's swings and roundabouts isn't it.
Old 15-11-2013, 21:50
scorpionatthepc
Forum Member

Any idea what tomorrows free game is?
scorpionatthepc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2013, 21:52
fastest finger
Forum Member

Any idea what tomorrows free game is?
Iron Brigade
fastest finger is online now Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2013, 20:17
Geordiesi
Forum Member

im glad they are gonna do this on the One. People say the games on the 360 arent great but they have been fairly decent. I had always ignored the Assassins Creed series until ACII was given away, i have since purchased (2nd hand) AC, AC Brotherhood, AC Revelations and ACIII as i enjoyed the free game so much.
Geordiesi is offline   Reply With Quote