Options

New Cbbebies Stream

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 39
Forum Member
A new stream has started on 11024 H ( the same as BBC Scotland / Wales / Red Botton HD. Tagged with 8921 /8931 / 8932. At the moment (15.30) it is showing Cbeebies in HD.

Comments

• Options
    Mickey_TMickey_T Posts: 4,962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So it is. Strange though, I'd have thought they'd be testing with CBBC/BBC3 in preparation for the Dec 10 launch.

Will be worth looking later and seeing if BBC4 programming is showing in HD too. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 39
    Forum Member
    On the Freeview thread they are saying that the new Mux 7 is launching 26th Nov - 10th Dec, Maybe the BBC plan tio launch all there new channels around this time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    8931 and 8932 now showing BBC4-HD :)
  • Options
    n7geekn7geek Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    i wonder are they showing bbc four in hd or just unscaled. it looks like unscaled to me but its difficult to tell on my cheap 32' tv
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seeing as all current programming must be delivered in HD then it's safe to assume that a lot of what is shown on BBC4 will be already be in native HD but downscaled for SD.

The news earlier on BBC4-HD was definitely HD. Of course the older material they show will be upscaled SD.
  • Options
    HarshadHarshad Posts: 5,996
    Forum Member
    The world news was upscaled!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I must need glasses or a new telly then as it looked HD to me. :p
  • Options
    cycliccyclic Posts: 90
    Forum Member
    Harshad wrote: »
    The world news was upscaled!

No HD News Production facilities anymore, so maybe you need a new (HD) TV/receiver?
    (Or are you just talking about the mobile phone footage from behind the wall from Syria)
  • Options
    Night WatchmanNight Watchman Posts: 1,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So we may be able to see Borgen III in HD tomorrow night after all :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 152
    Forum Member
    So we may be able to see Borgen III in HD tomorrow night after all :)

Thanks guys! All tuned in and timered up for tonight - this could earn me some brownie points! :)
  • Options
    Roland MouseRoland Mouse Posts: 9,531
    Forum Member
    Good spot!

Seems like testing now and then BBC 3HD will end up on the Red Button HD and 8931 / 8932 will become BBC 4HD and BBC News HD respectively.

(All speculation)

Funny that BBC 4 HD makes an appearance before BBC 3 HD. Damn that Dr Who Chappie!
  • Options
    MasteriserMasteriser Posts: 2,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have been looking at this today. Caught a bit of In The Night Garden which was originated in HD but shown as part of the test as upscaled SD. The opera on now as I type is also upscaled SD but was recorded at Glyndebourne in 2010 so could only be SD.

Still I've set my HDR to record Borgen from next Saturday using (thanks Raydon) this test stream, even if it is upscaled it will be better than regular SD.
  • Options
    DragonQDragonQ Posts: 4,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good spot!

Seems like testing now and then BBC 3HD will end up on the Red Button HD and 8931 / 8932 will become BBC 4HD and BBC News HD respectively.

8931 and 8932 will be BBC Four HD and CBeebies HD.
  • Options
    HarshadHarshad Posts: 5,996
    Forum Member
    I would have started off with BBC News HD, toddlers are hardly going to know the different really, they just wanna be entertained!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 61
    Forum Member
    A new stream has started on 11024 H ( the same as BBC Scotland / Wales / Red Botton HD. Tagged with 8921 /8931 / 8932. At the moment (15.30) it is showing Cbeebies in HD.

Right, that's it I'm buying a 120cm dish now!
  • Options
    technologisttechnologist Posts: 13,391
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would have started off with BBC News HD, toddlers are hardly going to know the different really, they just wanna be entertained!

But BBC three has more viewers ..... which is why it is on PSB3,
    But for DSAT viewers you will have all 5 Main BBC Streams in HD by about three weeks time.....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member

May as well broadcast it in 405 line black and white then!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CBBC HD now on 10847 V 23000 2/3 8PSK ID number 6951 (same frequency as BBC One HD, BBC Two HD and BBC One NI HD).Which presumably means BBC Three HD later today?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CBBC HD now on 10847 V 23000 2/3 8PSK ID number 6951 (same frequency as BBC One HD, BBC Two HD and BBC One NI HD).Which presumably means BBC Three HD later today?
    6952 points to the same stream, that will probably be BBC Three HD.

It seems as if BBC Red Button HD will become BBC News then? Disappointing that we could easily have all 4 streams on 10847 V showing sport simultaneously, which won't be good for the stat muxer.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Oooo! Good find!

*Runs off to tune it in and rename it......

All done!

Now I wonder when the EPG data will start or else I'm going to have to map the SD channel data to the HD one to fill in the EPG. (Which I think I know how to do)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now also ID number 6952 on same frequency (10847 V) also carrying the same programme. Suspect the double ID numbers (6951 & 6952) are to differentiate between the transmission times of the 2 channels for reception purposes. This could mean 8931 & 8932 are BBC CBeebies and BBC Four and the currently encrypted/not available 8921 will be BBC News HD leaving BBC Red Button HD intact.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Now also ID number 6952 on same frequency (10847 V) also carrying the same programme. Suspect the double ID numbers (6951 & 6952) are to differentiate between the transmission times of the 2 channels for reception purposes. This could mean 8931 & 8932 are BBC CBeebies and BBC Four and the currently encrypted/not available 8921 will be BBC News HD leaving BBC Red Button HD intact.

Not long now till the 23rd and so we will see what happens to the HD Red Button Service.

But always better to have everything: 3 New HD channels AND a HD Red Button.

Have the BBC found some money down the back of the sofa or something? :D
  • Options
    technologisttechnologist Posts: 13,391
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All planned for .... But HD RB will go...and become connected
    The only thing that changed things was the absence if five HD on DTT ...
    With the BBC not getting of a lot of money ... But a free slot that could be used ...

And as they have just stopped paying for dual emission ATT/DTT
    The BBC wants to move to single emission (I.e HD only ) as soon as there is a break point in the contracts
    Hence get HD on all platforms now ...

As they need to save money .....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BBC Red Button HD won't be staying. For a start, the BBC hasn't said they're planning to squeeze in 5 channels per HD transponder, which means there's presently no room. Plus there's the Freeview situation...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    If the BBC Red Button HD becomes BBC News HD that will mean all might be up and running by Xmas. Better than their projected early 2014.